Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Airtel Charges My Line For Services Not Rendered. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Charges My Line For Services Not Rendered. (494 Views)

GLO Still Tells Me To Link My Line Despite Linking It Before / Please Help I'm Finish. 9000 I Mistaken Recharge My Line / NCC Urges GSM Subscribers To Use 622 Toll-free-line For Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Charges My Line For Services Not Rendered. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:41am On Oct 26, 2017
This may seem like a light matter. But am losing valued money to a service provider whom is not only a foreign company but the service is not being rendered.

On the 21st of October this year, i recharged 200naira and only used 50naira, 25naira X 2 for night browsing.

I don't make or receive calls with the line, I usually turned it off after browsing with it.
Planning to subscribed with the line this morning, I noticed my 150naira has been deducted.
I called airtel customer care 3 times, and twice my call was dropped when i asked to know why 150naira had developed wings and flew.

On noticing the calls being dropped, the third time, I got angry at the receiving call agent, and the call was no longer dropped. It was then i was told the entire 150naira was deducted for a caller tune. 100naira for the tune and 50naira to download it. I was shocked, because just 2 months ago I was charged the last 100naira on another airtel line for caller tune. Seems the tune services are not only being activated automatically by Airtel customer care agents or anyone benefiting from looting subscribers recharges, but the cost of the tune seem to vary according to the total of balance left on the line.

A relative was charged 50naira for caller tune and 25naira for strange service then 20naira for another alien subscription, and she had 95naira on her line.
The ridiculous part was, she barely used the line.

I have reported this unfair charges to NCC, and am urging every Nigerian to do the same whenever they are charged for services not rendered or they didn't by any means request for it, intentional or otherwise.

I know it seem like a waste of time, but know this. When you scream for long, you either lose your voice or gain attention.
Let's not stay in silence, we cannot continue to enrich people who devalue our economy and treat our rights without respect.

Report every undue charges to NCC, and someday soon, these network providers will either treat Nigerians as humans or become 11mobile or whatever figure is left on the chart.

Blessed morning to you.
Re: Airtel Charges My Line For Services Not Rendered. by ipobarecriminals: 3:09am On Oct 26, 2017
nah so glo dey do me.I don bother myself calling any ghost,waka go dem office and spark no time
Re: Airtel Charges My Line For Services Not Rendered. by jesse8048(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2017
Same thing glo has been doing to me till I found out. The thieves said I was subscribed to entertainment news. I've never gotten any entertainment news, I never subscribed for anything oh. I told them I'll report to NCC and they said they will refund me within 2days but it's already 2weeks. How can I report them to NCC, any idea pls...
Re: Airtel Charges My Line For Services Not Rendered. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
jesse8048:
Same thing glo has been doing to me till I found out. The thieves said I was subscribed to entertainment news. I've never gotten any entertainment news, I never subscribed for anything oh. I told them I'll report to NCC and they said they will refund me within 2days but it's already 2weeks. How can I report them to NCC, any idea pls...
Just search ncc on google, the query that has the nigeria communication link, open and click subscribers or consumers option. Its written in bold, follow the directives afterwards.

(1) (Reply)

Uhans Mix 2 Tri-bezel-less Trend Specs Review And Price / I Got This For You!! Best Iphone Secret Codes 2017 / Another Cheap Bezel Less Smartphone Launched With Androidâ„¢ O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.