Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

FG Immortalise Fela Kuti, To Convert His House Into A Museum - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FG Immortalise Fela Kuti, To Convert His House Into A Museum (368 Views)

The Day Fela Kuti Married 27 Women In One Day (Throwback Photos) / Fela Kuti Wearing Pant And His Son (Throwback Photo) / Snoop Dogg Shares Fela Kuti's Photo On His Instagram Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FG Immortalise Fela Kuti, To Convert His House Into A Museum by MrGist: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2017
The Federal Government and Ogun State have initiated moves to immortalise the Afrobeat meastro, the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti by turning the family home in Abeokuta into a museum. It is to be named Heritage Museum. Consequently, the family house on NEPA road in Isabo, Abeokuta, is already wearing a new look.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Muhammed and Governor Ibikunle Amosun yesterday visited the house.

He said the restoration and preservation of the family house was more symbolic at a time when the 20th anniversary of Fela’s death was being celebrated, adding that the project would be a model of inspiration to the youths.

Speaking, Amosun, who promised to deliver the project in the shortest possible time, said Fela’s family was one of the giants that laid a solid foundation for Ogun State.

He pledged to construct a museum for other illustrious sons and daughters of the state to preserve the heritage.

“The Kuti family is one of those illustrious families that conquered the world, not only in Ogun State or Abeokuta or Nigeria. Indeed, sometimes when I was away in the United States and I took a taxi, I heard a lot of Fela’s music.

“We are going to have museum for all of them. It is not just the Kuti Family. We have Hubert Ogunde, Ebenezer Obe and others. This is just one of those things we are going to do and we are happy that next year, people will be using this museum because we would have commissioned it,” he said.

Gists Via http://www.gistmore.com/fg-immortalise-fela-kuti-convert-house-museum

[img]https://3.bp..com/-ALfYT7wv7-s/WfGFe-fdn8I/AAAAAAAAUS0/odPhUYKcVrc5YesI6xI5mLyI1lgZhrhFACLcBGAs/s1600/fela.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Caroline Danjuma Says Goodbye To Her Late Boyfriend, Tagbo Umeike / OMG; YAGI Boss, Who's Popularly Known As Lil Kesh Has Been Deported From USA / The Resurrection – Instagram Restores Daddy Freeze Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.