Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account (23569 Views)

Reps Probe NPA Over Whistleblower’s $1bn Secret Account Claim / Ondo Assembly Probes ₦4.3bn In Secret Account, Summons Finance Commissioner, AG / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
this country is a joke
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by blackpanda: 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
okay. goodluck to him
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Paperwhite(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:

The payment into his account was made on 2011 under Jonathan Govt. Please learn to read before making comments.
And what about the updated payements the DSS made for him upon resumption? No matter where this Mainagate swings,the APC government is grossly culpable.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by 1shortblackboy: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
sarrki abeg come o i no understand again come help us explain wetin dey hapen for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by asawanathegreat(m): 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
What a shame my country, who do we trust now for all these saga?

1 Like

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by fergie001: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:

The payment into his account was made on 2011 under Jonathan Govt. Please learn to read before making comments.
So,he was dismissed by Jonathan ,and brought back by Jonathan to deliver change?
Then since it was paid in during the Jonathan's era,is that a justification for his being brought back to deliver change,be protected by the DSS and co,be double-promoted and paid in arrears?
What are you trying to Justify?rope in a Jonathan(who am not a fan of),so in your terms,since he stole under Jonathan,Buhari should have welcome him?

Did you read my comments clearly yourself?
Read am again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Bullhari007(m): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
I blame the useless old tyrant in aso rock... may Amadioha kill Jubril Muhammadu buhari Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by ujahboy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
Atiku2019:
Wooooow Well it's the promised change ;

Atiku We don't need change but infrastructural development in Nigeria cool

Likes for Atiku cool Share for Buhari cry
Fvck off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by WaffenSS(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
We don't care HOW it was paid.

We want to know WHY it was paid.
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by elysian777: 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
I think its high time we the masses just move on with our daily lives. Its not the first time of such issues of corruption coming up,at the end of all the media hype and noise everything dies down.
Its time the general Nigerian populace start seeing themselves as one and know that we are all collectively responsible for the woes that has befallen this country.
In view of this,it will take a collective effort to make it work.
Let's stop ethnicity and tribalism.
Let's stop all this social media war,Fulani,Afonja,IPOB.
Christian, Muslim,Traditional worshippers and the likes.
The Nigerian State is a failed State.
Majorly on social media we hardly do anything than to trade words of insults on ourselves.
Not until we start seeing ourselves as one and fight collectively,am afraid, no headway.

Let's all emancipate ourselves from mental slavery,non but ourselves can free our mind.

Let's put asunder this divide and rule shits.
Its the same tactic the British used for us,when they brought Indirect rule.
A HOUSE THAT IS DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND.

LETS OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE THE LIGHT

WAKE UP NIGERIANS.

LETS FIGHT AS ONE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Paperwhite:
And what about the updated payements the DSS made for him upon resumption? No matter where this Mainagate swings,the APC government is grossly culpable.

You did not read the report

Payment was made only between 2011-13.

Mains is being protected by elements in the DSS who don't want their private arrangement to be known.

APC messed up, but something tells me that both PDP and APC guys are in on this matter

1 Like

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by precious1967(m): 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:

Payment was done under GEJ govt. You guys dont read before making comments.
which govt. reinstated maina back to his job n elevated him? dd u read all d headlines of today's newspaper? can u tell me where is maina now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by slimfairboy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Someond said it's N100billion, and not N2billion...and Bubu blames GEJ, he said uncle JONA secretly smuggled Maina into the country and reinstated him and also promoted him!!!
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by slimfairboy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Someond said it's N100billion, and not N2billion...and Bubu blames GEJ, he said uncle JONA secretly smuggled Maina into the country and reinstated him and also promoted him!!

And I asked, under ur watch??
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by slimfairboy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Someone said it's N100billion, and not N2billion...and Bubu blames GEJ, he said uncle JONA secretly smuggled Maina into the country and reinstated him and also promoted him!!

And I asked, under ur watch??
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by AleAirHub(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
At times I almost ask God why I originated from a country called Nigeria.....

See how way corruption is sweep under carpet and cover up by those called law enforcement agencies.
angry angry angry
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by AmwithAtiku2019: 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=DozieInc post=61788716][/quote]

1 Like

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by gasparpisciotta: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
I wonder why Mr President is not being promptly decisive on this and other matters that could potentially be damaging to his administration.
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by kaystick86(m): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
Jess, SSS has no official spokes man, wahala dey
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Penalty82(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:

Reason why GEJ removed and handed his case to EFCC.

What we're asking is, Why did Buhari reinstate him?

3 Likes

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Ahmeduana(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Jerrypolo:
Nigeria’s secret police, the State Security Service (SSS), once made curious huge cash transfers into a bank account associated with a former chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, PREMIUM TIMES can report.

The uncovering of the payments, investigators say, suggests Mr. Maina and the security agency had been in an unholy relationship for a while.

On Tuesday, PREMIUM TIMES exclusively reported how Mr. Maina received security protection from operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and the SSS who also allegedly provided a hideout for him.

Mr. Maina is on the run following moves by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to charge him to court for alleged N2 billion fraud.

As exclusively reported by this newspaper two years ago, Mr. Maina has a history of using bankers and other intermediaries to launder most of the money he allegedly embezzled from the pension funds.

Sometimes in 2011, while serving as chairman of the pension task force, Mr. Maina, using his banker sibling, Khalid Ali Biu, opened a corporate bank account in the name of Cluster Logistics Limited domiciled at Fidelity Bank.

Mr. Biu, who was a staff of the bank, was both the bank’s account officer as well as a director of the fictitious company, according to bank and company registration documents sighted by this newspaper.

Bank papers, including mandate card for the Cluster Logistics account also identified Mr. Maina as a signatory to the account.

Investigators said the account had over N500 million cash inflow that were mostly cash deposits made between 2011 and 2013.

Withdrawals from the accounts were also largely in cash. Some of the money, according to investigators, were also changed into dollars.

Curiously, however, among deposits into the accounts were three payments made over a period of one year by no other than the SSS, under its preferred name of Department of State Services (DSS).

Bank documents show that the security outfit paid a total of over N152 million.

The first tranche of over N61 million was paid on November 16, 2011 and the last made on November 14, 2012.

One of the deposits shows that it was made in the name of “DSS Pension Biometrics”.

It is unclear if Cluster Logistics offered any services to the SSS to warrant any payment.

The discovery of the account details, according to a source, “unsettled the SSS despite the EFCC’s effort at downplaying the matter in the spirit of inter-agency esprit de corp.

“Now that the whole case is being revisited it is important for the president to order forensic investigation into the SSS pension department,” he said.

Another EFCC official, who asked not to be named, said before the recent controversy over Mr. Maina’s matter, the commission was already preparing to arraign some of the bankers who aided the dismissed civil servant to allegedly launder billions.

PREMIUM TIMES could not reach SSS for comments on this story Wednesday night. The agency has no official spokesperson.

EFCC’s spokesperson , Wilson Uwujaren, did not respond to multiple telephone calls from this newspaper.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/247302-pension-fraud-sss-paid-n152-million-mainas-secret-account.html/amp
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT BANKROLL GENERAL CASSANDRA ELECTION, DON'T LOOK FAR, MAINA IS ONE OF MANY, EVEN DASUKI IS NOT CLEAN. BAMANGA TUKUR, ADAMU MUAZU, ALL THE MONEY GIVEN TO THEM FOR CAMPAIGN WERE DIVERTED TO BUHARI CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION, that is why they find dasuki difficult prosecute! WE'VE NOT HEARD THE LAST ABOUT 2015 ELECTION.
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by AskProf: 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Saying Jonathan's men in Buhari's government are responsible is the greatest insult to Nigerians

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by GavelSlam: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
AntiWailer:
Na wa

The first tranche of over N61 million was paid on November 16, 2011 and the last made on November 14, 2012.

They will never read. They read headline and reply yet wonder why the country is in this mess.

They wonder why youths can not be trusted with anything serious yet.

They read it. They are only trying to hide the truth.

JONATHAN SHIELDED AND AIDED CORRUPTION.
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
What are the agenda of cluster logistic limited?

Is cluster logistic a oil company or providing security technologies to DSS

Cabals and Buhari's are trying hard to cover their tracks.

Maina's secret reinstatement is a bad market for corrupt Buhari's angels and in APC paradise.

Baru in NNPC don't rejoice yet, we are not through with your $25 billion corrupt contracts.

1 Like

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by dfrost: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:

Payment was done under GEJ govt. You guys dont read before making comments.

I don't support any of the govt, but why did he have to reappointed? That is what is in everyone's lips. Don't you get it?

1 Like

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by dfrost: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

They read it. They are only trying to hide the truth.

[b]JONATHAN SHIELDED AND AIDED CORRUPTION
. [/b]

It is a known fact that it happened in the last dispensation but has he been cleared? Why was he reinstated? It's really annoying and mind-boggling to say the least angry .

I agree with you on the bolded but don't you think it is wrong to admit an accused into govt when he as a pending case? Which simply means Metu and Dasuki will one day be offered a ministerial position. I scared of this country, honestly.

3 Likes

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by Charly68: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
Probably they are running intergovernmental business together..yeye dey smell..
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by emmaitive(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:

is that not y dey sack him? So y did buhari and d nort dt he representing bring back..knowin fullywell dt he as been declared wanted by jonathan govmt for coruptn?
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by thunderbabs: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
All of u be wasting ur data on Maina's case, u hear......una no dey learn...

Babachir wey use hundreds of millions to cut grass....wetin do am till date?

#yinmu #shioor
Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by thunderbabs: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
As long as u re buhari person and not using the umbrella logo, u safe. D worst is dey remove you from offx

Re: SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account by thunderbabs: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
themodel003:
In all i do, i always give God the glory. The month of October has a blessing to me and my customers.
Be a part of my next game and thank me later..

How much mk i pay na?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet / LagosAPCPrimaries: No Agent Yet For Ambode / Biafra: Arewa Youths To Work Against Atiku Over Alliance With FFK, Kanu, IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.