Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,930 members, 7,832,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Rotational Presidency North Then South Then N….who Are The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotational Presidency North Then South Then N….who Are The North? (550 Views)

Senate Presidency: North Central APC Chairmen Endorse @bukolasaraki / If Not Buhari,no Other In The North? Then,its An Insult To The North. / Funny But True Facts About The North, Then Why Is The North Still Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rotational Presidency North Then South Then N….who Are The North? by KnowAll(m): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
Is the word North now interchangeable with the word Hausa / Fulani. Or has the word North being change to Hausa / Fulani. I am not aware of this new development but it seems in the country I come from it means the same thing.

I checked the Oxford Dictionary but was surprise that the word North still existed as it has always have with no reference to Hausa / Fulani. I even checked all available synonyms and antonym but to avail.

I thought I have stumbled on something new, a new word nobody realise existed, I was sure and convinced, that I was going to be the first person to announce this word that has remain hidden whether deliberately or by a stroke of luck from public view for so long.

I had already started playing and forming several conjunctional words with this new found word North America will become Hausa / Fulani American, Northern England will be Hausa / Fulani England, and the North Pole will be Hausa / Fulani Pole. How interesting but having found out that the interpretation I heard in my head of the word North was just a figment of imagination and probably a figment of the imagination of a large swath of my country’s people, I felt deflated, confused, bordering on depression does that mean a large swathe of my country’s people are depressed and confused ? undecided

Armed with my new knowledge of what the word North means, and applying my new knowledge of Northernisms with regards to the Nigerian context, I realise a lot of tribes qualifies to be called Northerners, the Jonah Jang’s, the Smart Adeyemis from Kogi State are Northerners, the David Jemibenwon’s and even fire brand pastor David Oyedepo. I start to wonder why are all these people are not throwing their hats in the ring to contest for the Presidency next year.

If most people are ignorant of their rights fire brand David Oyedepo should know better, he is qualified to run since he comes from that zone, he is well learned and he is a political savvy individual who is aware what is happening in the country and what needs to be done.

So why are these guys shying away from their constitutional duties and giving the Buhari’s and IBB of these world an easy run for the Presidency, Wonders they say shall never end. lipsrsealed
Re: Rotational Presidency North Then South Then N….who Are The North? by nduchucks: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
KnowAll:

If most people are ignorant of their rights fire brand David Oyedepo should know better, he is qualified to run since he comes from that zone, he is well learned and he is a political savvy individual who is aware what is happening in the country and what needs to be done.

So why are these guys shying away from their constitutional duties and giving the Buhari’s and IBB of these world an easy run for the Presidency, Wonders they say shall never end. lipsrsealed[/color]

It takes more than having the right to run to actually win an election. These people have probably calculated that they cannot win a national election. A second reason may be that they are too unsophisticated to understand the political game in Nigeria. Even Gani and Pat Utomi couldn't win a single state in the last election.

Its not easy to form a new political party that can unseat PDP - the new mega party being floated has a chance but the potential candidates you mentioned cannot win the nomination of this new party.

(1) (Reply)

Spliting Up Of Nigeria. / From Warri[ Should This People Respect Thief Elders From The Region?] / Nigeria Is 33 Largest Economy In The World(ppp).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.