Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,241 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon (8486 Views)

Seven Lies The Nigerian Media Have Been Telling Against Ojukwu For 50 Years / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC / Release Ubah Or Face Our Wrath, IPOB Warns FG, DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Leez(m): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2017
whateverkay:
sad Had Ojukwu not betrayed Awolowo, we Yoruba's would have supported the igbos during the civil war. Ojukwu's back stabbing and treachery led to the stigmatization of Igbos till today. He remains a useless man
ikemba betray who? think its d oda way around
even ur gambari masters call u lot cowards and backstabbers

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by lelvin(m): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2017
Okay
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by ElsonMorali: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
When you tell them the truth they label you a hater.
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by ElsonMorali: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
Leez:

ikemba betray who? think its d oda way around
even ur gambari masters call u lot cowards and backstabbers

You mean when Ojukwu abandoned you all to your fate and bolted to ivory coast? Iranu

Your master stabbed you in the back. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Tchinaidi(m): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So freeing Awolowo from prison is now Treachery n back stabbing.
U dey mind the ungreatful tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by PANDA2: 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2017
free2ryhme:
grin
come on yakubu! you waited a decade after the man died to make your accusations, knowing he's never ever going to be able to state his side? COWARDLY!

GOWON WILL SAY ANYTHING TO FORESTALL HIS ENTRY INTO HELL, WHICH IS WHERE HE IS HEADING SOON, FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS OF OVER 3 MILLION INCLUDING WOMEN AND HELPLESS CHILDREN BY HIS USE OF STARVATION AND HUNGER AS A WAR TACTIC IN FIGHTING BIAFRA SECESSION.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Leez(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
ElsonMorali:

You mean when Ojukwu abandoned you all to your fate and bolted to ivory coast? Iranu

Your master stabbed you in the back. Deal with it.
better than rat poison i suppose grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
RottenTomato:
Get lost!!! angry I don't debate with nonentities! Read my signature.
thank you but take am very easy ogrin
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by yabatown: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
PANDA2:

GOWON WILL SAY ANYTHING TO FORESTALL HIS ENTRY INTO HELL, WHICH IS WHERE HE IS HEADING SOON, FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS OF OVER 3 MILLION INCLUDING WOMEN AND HELPLESS CHILDREN BY HIS USE OF STARVATION AND HUNGER AS A WAR TACTIC IN FIGHTING BIAFRA SECESSION.

GOWON already look like a cadaver in spite of spending too much money on hair dye to mask his old age.

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by apharm(m): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Flag independence indeed
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by blackhinstan: 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
armour05:
Nigeria my country where any trash make warning and go away with it cool

who take ipob serious again?

long live Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by ElsonMorali: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
Leez:

better than rat poison i suppose grin grin

Unfortunately you have No proof.

So your Smiley reminds me of an empty mind.
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Antoeni(m): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
Dead IPOB
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Leez(m): 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Unfortunately you have No proof.
So your Smiley reminds me of an empty mind.
Adebayo Adeyinka a general and top Awoist has confirmed wat the whole world knew grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Obec70(m): 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
His state is on rampage every now and then, couldn't do anything even when his military man is at the helm of affairs this entity called Nigeria, what a shame, enough of this provocative statement!

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Obec70(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
His state is on rampage every now and then, couldn't do anything or say something even when his fellow military man is at the helm of affairs this entity called Nigeria, what a shame, enough of this provocative statement!
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Pedrop: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So freeing Awolowo from prison is now Treachery n back stabbing.

No wonder they are afraid of letting Igbos free them from this zoo.

Cc whateverkay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Dubrable: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
why didn't go1 said all this when ojukwu were alive
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by DedeNkem: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gowon's deceit and lies caused the war.
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by MightySparrow: 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
nurex01:
Tony Okafor, Awka

The Indigenous People of Biafra on Thursday asked a former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, to stop making provocative and false statements against the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu- Ojukwu and the civil war.

Gowon had recently in an interview with a private television station said Ojukwu’s lies caused the civil war in the country between 1967 and 1970.

The former Head of State added, “We agreed to put our heads together, to regain the trust and confidence of Nigerians. We went to Aburi, to agree to deal with the situation of our country; by ourselves. We did not go with any prepared position on the federal side, but Ojukwu came with a paper he prepared. His prepared position was on a pink paper. Usually, a pink paper at the staff college means directing staff solution to the problem.”

He alleged that the civil war broke because Ojukwu went on television and gave his account of the Aburi Accord, which was at variance with what was agreed upon; thereby deceiving the people of Biafra to going into war against the Federal Government.

But IPOB in a statement by its Media and Publicity Officer, Emma Powerful, described Gowon’s comment as “ total falsehood from the mouth of a hater.”

The group accused Gowon of having the penchant of distorting history, especially as it concerned the civil war.

The group expressed worry that Gowon, at 83, could lie against the dead (Ojukwu) who could not defend himself in the circumstance.

The statement partly read, “At the ripe old age of 83 and with the little window God has left open to him to repent and show remorse, Yakubu Gowon has chosen to continue to deceive himself with his bouquet of falsehood.

“It was the Labour Party government of Britain that cleverly convinced the Arewa North to put pressure on Gowon to feign illness, thereby making it difficult for him to tell the country what was agreed in Aburi because they were not comfortable with the agreement.

“Today, Gowon, whom we are led to believe is a prayerful Christian, has said he wasn’t able to speak when he returned from Aburi because he was ill. Question is: Was his information minister also ill? Were all government’s spokesmen in Lagos also down with illness at the same time, that made it difficult for Lagos to make a pronouncement on Aburi Agreement several weeks after the meeting?”

The group said Gowon’s attempt to rewrite history would have worked had IPOB not been in existence.

“This day and age, any attempt to rewrite the history of the Biafra-Nigeria war will be intellectually resisted and objectively dismantled. Fake history is at the core of why Nigeria will never be united. Gowon must come clean, apologise and make atonement.

“We are IPOB, we won’t allow distortion of historical facts and neither will we allow the denigration of the revered memory of our all-time hero, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. He remains, till date, the only man that tried to bring genuine independence, not mere flag independence, to an African nation.”

http://punchng.com/stop-lying-against-ojukwu-ipob-warns-gowon/

The same way Igbo's write, indoctrinate their younger generation with lies about Awolowo and Yorubas.
This OP is not likely to have been born during the war. He is wrongly informed about Nigerian history.
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by j1mmy: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
From now on anyone caught lying about the Biafra war will answer to me.

Many lies have been told like
...Ojukwu ran away leaving his people to die for a war he championed - this is a big fat lie, Ojukwu simply went on a well deserved holiday that just happened to end after the war was over.

...Kanu has equally ran away - Another big fat lie, he was also due a well deserved vacation and will return after an amnesty is granted. It is not his fault his arrival from holiday coincide with an amnesty.

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
iSlayer:
It is a pity that most of the heroes in Nigerian political history turned out to be either a dishonorable soldier,a slanderer,jihadist or a paedophile. Yet,zoo people complain of how the country is moving backwards everyday, Some who have lost hope in life go as far as opening threads to discredit Chimamanda Adichie's critique on Trump. Tell me who is interested in critiquing a zoo and it's paedophile president. Rubbish!
I use to take IPOB serios until I made a research and discover that 98percent of the so call IPOB members are jobless people,,,failures,,people that have lost hope in life,,,they are all out of business,,,,they have no business of their own,,,all the do is gather at News paper stand and argue from morning till night,,,,let them keep waiting for biafra' till christ come ' hopeless people
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by Nigeriadondie: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
loveth360:
gowon is a bloody liar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjB8LCstx8&feature=youtu.be
God bless you abundantly Loveth for this video reference cos those people from the left hand side of the east wud be bleating. Biafra or Ojukwu matter too dey pepper them for body.
Why did Gowon not say this nonsense when Ojukwu was alive?
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by mightyhazel: 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
iyketex007:
Well Gowon should keep running his mouth like a lose tap while they marauding herdsmen lay waste to his state, by the time he's done with his tales by moonlight herdsmen may have already levelled his state.

Inbtw Gowon may have won the war but he his losing the battle.
BTW is an acronym for 'ByThe Way'.. not between or inbetween like most of u here always assume
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by mytym(m): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
loveth360:
gowon is a bloody liar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjB8LCstx8&feature=youtu.be

I'm a Yoruba man, who was born years after the civil war ended. One evening My dad and I was watching an interview of General Yakubu Gowon on a private TV. When it got to the Civil war part, and the interviewer was asking deep questions from him and while he was giving his account from memory, my father was awed by Gowon's lies. My dad was so emotional about it, and every respect I had for the general till the day I watched the interview vanished.

My dad said Gowon was speaking lies and half truths.
Re: Stop Lying Against Ojukwu, IPOB Warns Gowon by yarodin: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
T9ksy:
.....or else what? Wtf are you gonna do? bunch of of toothless bulldogs.

Angry Yoruba boy how now? I see you still doing what you know best, hating on hardworking Igbo men and women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Recorded ₦3.94 Trillion Trade Deficit In Q1 / Enugu State Emergency Agency Says No Cause For Alarm Over Gas Leak / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.