Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Attending To The Lord Without Distraction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attending To The Lord Without Distraction (982 Views)

How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer / Attending To The Lord Without Distraction / China Bans Children From Attending Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 7:35am On Oct 27, 2017
We serve a wonderful God in a world of wickedness

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

In a wicked world, where evil abound

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jesus admonished us to pray without ceasing 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Jesus also in Luke 18:1-8 spoke a parable about a wicked judge(the thief-John10:10) who resides in this world, the same who walketh about, trying to make us look stupid or effort seem like a waste. Many have prayed and it is a strategy by the devil to frustrate them

Hear what this Angel said

Daniel 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and[b] I am come for thy words[/b].

Here, the Angel said, he was withstood

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

But, thanks to Daniel who kept praying throughout the 21 days

Notice the Angel said, I am come for thy words v12

The Bible said, walk in the spirit and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. The lust of the flesh are the destructive plans of the devil. I really always desire people to pray in the spirit and covet spiritual gifts as said, in 1 Corinthians 12:31

One thing I know about praying in the spirit is, the spirit prayeth, many pray in the understanding, but the thing about praying in the understanding or as you feel is that, you are not sensitive to the happenings in the spirit realm, so many wickedness is thrown at the light bearers, Jesus said, look unto me, Jesus will leave Mark 1:35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

So, let's learn and desire to pray
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2017
Halleluhia
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:
Halleluhia
happy sunday,hope went to church today
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:
happy sunday,hope went to church today

Sure I did, did you wanna report me to my paisito

cheesy
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

Sure I did, did you wanna report me to my paisito

cheesy
..lol,yh i wld have done jst that....i thought u missed the bus today when i saw u online.
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:
..lol,yh i wld have done jst that....i thought u missed the bus today when i saw u online.

Do you like Oau?
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:

You know, I happened to attend the church where every Sunday, they send a member of a civil service who will enlighten us on health or traffic, I just got bored along the way
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

Do you like Oau?
i know nothing about that school,so no answer for now
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

Do you like Oau?
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:

Oau is my school

A beautiful school I will say
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

You know, I happened to attend the church where every Sunday, they send a member of a civil service who will enlighten us on health or traffic, I just got bored along the way
..lol,health and traffic for sunday service,thank God uve gotten somewhere else to go
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

Oau is my school
A beautiful school I will say
hmmmmnn,.
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:
..lol,health and traffic for sunday service,thank God uve gotten somewhere else to go

Hmmmm, I no get somewhere else oooooooh

Still going to the church, am currently at home

I do attend my Spiritual fathers church in Osogbo. Listening to his message is a blessing. He thought me most of the things I share here. I was glued to him because the Holy Spirit always tell me somethings that makes me feel like hmmmm, this is hard to believe, and all of a sudden, I hear the man saying it in passing in his message(audio)

I felt there was a connection and the connection kept growing. I'm just passionate about the things of God, and I use to love spending more time just listening and reading the Bible. Those are the two things that gives me joy, praying and Bible study, I happened to attend this program and my pastor after I repented, was making a beautiful sound, and I desired it, and the Holy Spirit told me to touch a part of her hand and I did, she was sitting next to me, on the evening of the next day, I was making that same sound, and I was like, I don't want it to stop, but I noticed it was not exactly here melody,, it was like a part of it, it was like I was singing 60% of what she sang. But I didn't understand it
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
As at the time I fully realise that I was singing, I would sing for hours as I wake up from a dream abd I just had to pray. I will pray for about 5 minutes and all of a sudden, I am singing a song and I might be there for about 3 hours still saying to myself,

Do you desire the baptism of the Holy Ghost, lemme pray with you

Didov1
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=Hier post=61878965]

.......wow thats beautiful
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:
As at the time I fully realise that I was singing, I would sing for hours as I wake up from a dream abd I just had to pray. I will pray for about 5 minutes and all of a sudden, I am singing a song and I might be there for about 3 hours still saying to myself,

Do you desire the baptism of the Holy Ghost, lemme pray with you

Didov1
..i am already.,,bt if you wish to say the prayers,you can go on
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:
..i am already.,,bt if you wish to say the prayers,you can go on

Okay, say a short prayer

Pray that God cause the rivers in your belle break forth
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

Okay, say a short prayer
Pray that God cause the rivers in your belle break forth
okay

1 Like

Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:
okay

Well, I want to believe you have received the baptism
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
Didov1:
okay

All you need do, is keep speaking

Keep saying and confessing, you rivers of living water, break forth

I pray and know it has broken halleluhia

Pray John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

Well, I want to believe you have received the baptism
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 5:28am On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=Didov1 post=61889579][/quote]

How was it?

I was really expectant
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 5:32am On Oct 30, 2017
Hier:

How was it?

I was really expectant
m really down with malaria,cnt do anything,thanks for your time..gmorning
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 6:22am On Oct 30, 2017
Didov1:
m really down with malaria,cnt do anything,thanks for your time..gmorning

You are healed
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Didov1(f): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Hier:

You are healed
Amen,thanks for the prayer

(1) (Reply)

Popular Ibadan Iwo Road Agog For Two Miracles. See Pics . / Anambra Reverend (rev Prince Chukwuma) Shares Money To All Members Every Sunday / Pastor Adeboye Reveals What Nigerians Should Expect In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.