Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

“I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello (2655 Views)

Gov. Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Bello Cast There Vote At Okene, Kogi State / Bobrisky Advised To Pick PDP Nomination As He Beats Saraki In Twitter Poll / Rashida Bello Or Amina Bello: Who Is Yahaya Bello’s First Lady? (See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

“I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by GidifeedNews: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2017
Kogi State First Lady, Mrs. Amina Bello, has advised the government to enforce the provision of wheelchairs for physically challenged children and “shut down any school which discriminates against them.”

Mrs. Bello who is also the Founder of Hayat Foundation said this when speaking with journalists in Abuja how close friends and some family members mocked her for having a son who has cerebral palsy. Bello said she was advised to inject her son with a lethal substance to end the insults.

She said, “Schools which discriminate against children who are living with physical and developmental challenges should be shut down. Before you set up a school, it must be accessible to these children with special needs. You must have special teachers or therapists in every class and of course you should be certified fit to open a school for special needs children.

There is also the stigma which starts from your immediate environment. People will be whispering when a child with special needs or his parents are around. This has made a lot of parents to live in depression. This is the reason why some parents choose to live in denial and lock up such children. I was advised to inject my son with harmful substance and some people advised me to take him to the village.”

Bello called on government to make it compulsory for schools to provide wheelchairs in schools.

The foundation, according to her, will establish an institute that will focus on severe cases of cerebral palsy and open a training centre for behavioural and occupational therapists.

http://gidifeed.com/advised-kill-son-kogi-state-first-lady-confesses/

Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by VoltageDivida(m): 8:17am On Oct 27, 2017
Thanks God you didn't. Kogi people would have had nothing to relieve their pains or smile about.
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by swazpedro(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2017
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by python1: 8:22am On Oct 27, 2017
Madam, forget all these deflection, tell your husband to pay workers. Their children are dying while some are committing suicide. The other day, na one physically challenged one una show us, abeg make una pay salaries joor.

3 Likes

Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by pyyxxaro: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2017
[sup][/sup]
VoltageDivida:

If I arrest you now , u wud be crying and begging lipsrsealed

This woman fine oh , I nor talk that one oh
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by AuroraB(f): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2017
Have you ever thought there are families that's got same but are owed salaries by your bully-looking husbandi sad undecided
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by fr3do(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2017
it is great that she loves her son in spite of his challenges, that is the humane thing to do but to say schools will be shut down for not providing wheelchairs in a developping country like nigeria is too emotional.
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by adadike281(f): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2017
Madam, pls tell ur husband to pay salary. no one is interested in u or ur son. At least your son have many reasons to smile, many physically challenged and bed ridden children don't coz of your husband's refusal to pay salary.
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by EmeeNaka: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2017
This woman is talking nonsense.
it's abnormal to think that the same school should be used for healthy students and students with special needs. She can close all the schools in Kogi, that's their cup anyway.
Re: “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello by lalasticlala(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2017

(1)

National Security Memorandum 46 Total Control Of Black People #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Saraki Arrives Ile-ife in talks with Omisore / See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.