Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,581 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Bankole Isnt Bankable! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole Isnt Bankable! (649 Views)

Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office / Mark And Bankole To Buy Official Residences ! / Dimeji Bankole And Gbemi Saraki Having An Affair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Isnt Bankable! by ohisng(m): 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
Nigerian youths protesters were at the National Assembly Complex today and even with the police feeble attempts at intimidating people, the ploy didnt work BUT the main shame was the shameful lackadiasical attitude of the speaker of the house of rep. Someone who is supposed to be a youth!! After promising he was going to address the issue, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole and other lawmakers are no where to be found
Shame on Bankole!!
On election day, nigerian youths will shame him
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2010
And u re just knowing dat. Bankole is a sad tale
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2010
I think for the first time, the Youth and the people of Nigeria shd make all these people pay for what they have brought to Nigeria, the shame, the torment and other ridiculous things.
One love
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by ohisng(m): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
I just had blind faith in him. I no know say na traitor number 1
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Seun(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2010
What did he do?
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Fhemmmy: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
I think it is time that people really vote and make sure no rigging, let the Youth take care of the polling stations, Let the Youths get involved in all things and let us take the nation back
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by ojimboIV: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
this is the beginning of the end of the people's diminishing party.
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
ojimbo IV:

this is the beginning of the end of the people's diminishing party.

Lol
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
its sad that we thought the younger politicians would make a difference undecided
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2010
MrPrsdent:

its sad that we thought the younger politicians would make a difference undecided
What do u think and expected?
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by asscend: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
Younger politicians will make a diffrence when the institutions they belong function properly.

The process of seleting our leaders have to change.

They need to be voted,

This brings us back to having credible elections.

I beleive in the youths, its our time,

The old men are shaking, power is slipping away,
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2010
asscend:

Younger politicians will make a diffrence when the institutions they belong function properly.

The process of seleting our leaders have to change.

They need to be voted,

This brings us back to having credible elections.

I beleive in the youths, its our time,

The old men are shaking, power is slipping away,

Full Gbammmmmmmmm
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
Yeah but what did he do?
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by SkyBlue1: 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2010
I understand the anger and frustration, and it is encouraging to see more and more people getting involved in challenging the status quo. I just hope that this time, the anger would be well channeled and directed at the right thing, so we actually get fundamental changes that outlast anybody. The anger should be at the system which allows such things happen, and we should we directing the anger towards having this system changed. Something as simple as making use of electronic voting in the house of rep and senate (which I believe is already installed) though an unassuming change, would go a very long way and make more of an impact than one might think. It could be the right step towards unveling this so called "cabal". I just hope all this energy going around is harnessed into something that could drive at fundamental reforms and changes to the sytem.
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by vigasimple(m): 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2010
Seun:

Yeah but what did Senator Bankole do?

Since you 'forgot' his title of office, then you may also not remember his siding with the cabals in perpetrating the 'offshore President' activities. He was known or reportedly to have single handedly persuade members not to bring YAR A'CLUELESS disapperance for discussion on the floor of the House.

His full title is the Speaker of the House of Representative. and as they call them, (he suppossed to be an honourable, doing honourable things especially when the fates of the youths are at stake, the dishounourable Banko ile ( rob the house) is after his own pocket like other PDP do nothing party members.

Shame on Bankole, shame on NASS shame on PDP.

By the way, WHERE IS YAR A'DIE?  Did PDP think we will forget? we wait for 2011 elections, then Nigerians will reply them.
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by SkyBlue1: 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2010
vigasimple:

Since you 'forgot' his title of office, then you may also not remember his siding with the cabals in perpetrating the 'offshore President' activities. He was known or reportedly to have single handedly persuade members not to bring YAR A'CLUELESS disapperance for discussion on the floor of the House.

His full title is the Speaker of the House of Representative. and as they call them, (he suppossed to be an honourable, doing honourable things especially when the fates of the youths are at stake, the dishounourable Banko ile ( rob the house) is after his own pocket like other PDP do nothing party members.

Shame on Bankole, shame on NASS shame on PDP.

By the way, WHERE IS YAR A'DIE?  Did PDP think we will forget? we wait for 2011 elections, then Nigerians will reply them.

This is what I mean by misdirected anger. The NASS is made up of people with different ideas and positions. At the end of the day it is a democracy and the power of the vote carries the day. Not all members of the NASS are the devils you paint them out to be, and such reasoning is a tad arrogant. We need to know who these people that oppose progressive legislation are by putting pressure on Bankole and David Mark so we start using a more developed voting system which can show what each member voted on for any particular issue.

No offence intended, but your anger is the type I am worried about. It is completely justified, but not really geared towards getting any thing concretely done. It is not just enough to shout for electoral reforms, but for such to be respected. Which means when/if the Uwais report is implemented, we need to then shift pressure from NASS to the presidency, so that he speaks to the top army officials and IG of police and makes them undertsand that if the army or police are used to intimidate people during elections, the head of the district in which such occured would be fully liable to prosectution or court martials. You see how I am looking at specifics as opposed to being vague and shouting that 'NASS is evil and we need electoral reforms'?

You keep shouting "vote out PDP". Though such a view is completely understandable and justified (and I will push for this at a national level), what would you expect people in places like Rivers State that feel the current governor (a PDP member) is doing a good job? They should vote him out and elect someone they think may be less capable even if it is at the expense of their potential future development? Now if we had a more thorough electoral process in which candidates actually debate and discuss the issues on live T.V; wouldn't that be a step towards making the issues key? You see how our approaches are different? What makes you think A.C isn't another potential PDP in the making? We need to make fundamental changes, as opposed to superficial ones.

The first step towards genuine electoral reforms is passing some legislation on electoral reforms. The house needs to look at this issue. If they are not looking at it then why? If the legislation is not passed as a result to opposition (majority vote carries the day), then we need to know who the reps or senators that opposed the bill are. These are concrete and measurable steps in the direction of electoral reforms. Plus, why hasn't Johnathan removed Iwu?
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Bruekeleen: 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
His name is no longer Bankole ( meaning help build the house); his name has now been changed to "Banfole" (help tear the house or help demolish the house!
Re: Bankole Isnt Bankable! by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2010
Bruekeleen:

His name is no longer Bankole ( meaning help build the house); his name has now been changed to "Banfole" (help tear the house or help demolish the house!

Lol . . . . U mean oh

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Jointly Guilty With Their Leaders For The State Of The Nation ? / Devil Is Tempting Us In Pdp - Ogbulafor / Be Happy That We’ve Got Light For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.