Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180726 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sammiejokes:
The OP is the biggest joke himself. Please how many Nigerians attain the level of branch managers. As a young Nigerian you better off in US than in nigeria earning 100-150k. This OP dey vex me you want 140million Nigerians to wait for branch managers position. Even the rich send their kids to go hustle for Yankee.
Case study my sister in law that is yet to start work in France had a miscarriage, hospital fees taken care of by insurance( best facilities) her son was taken care of by social workers for 2weeks that she was admitted, they took the boy to school(also free) and bring him to the children care centre everyday. so tell me can you have this in Nigeria even if you are rich.
Y not?

Just ask her d cost of her insurance

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Ok bro lets do the maths. You don't expect someone earning $75,000 to be squatting with a roommate. Such person is due for a two bedroom house or at least a one bedroom if he/she is not married. A standard one bedroom goes for $1,700 monthly in most areas in Chicago. That is over 20,000 on rent annually. Then you new model car note payments along with monthly insurance will cost you $700 which totals $8,400 annually. You are expected to pay over $200 monthly on premium health insurance which totals $2400 annually. Meanwhile before you start rejoicing, earning $75,000 means over $13,000 will be taken as federal tax, $4500 as social security, over $1,000 as medicare and another $3,000 as state tax meaning you are actually left with just $51,000 to spend for the year. I have not even gone into other major expenses, by the time I am through you will find out earning $75,000 or even $100,000 annually in America is nothing. You guys should learn from my posts and stip debating me. You are all rookies or people who really know what is happening but choose to lie or deceive themselves.

They will not say how much they spend it's only how much they make they will say

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
TUBLEZ:
they enjoy all the bills been paid for, do u know how much u will spend running ur generator for a whole full month? In Nigeria u provide everything ursef d fact remains they value life in America compared to any African countries.. Imagine in Nigeria if thr is an emergency they won't treat u until u pay deposit but in America they will treat u first discharge u and sent ur bill to ur address now that's life value, in every room thr is alarm incase of fire incident u don't have to call dem before they will come, if u r frying dodo and the whole kitchen is covered with smoke before u know it fire service department r already in ur apartment.. Now that's good life.. It goes on and on.. U will pay but u will see what u r paying for, look at what happened in Florida a whole city was wiped off with flood and within three weeks everything was back to normal noting like refugee camp..
Stop talking about Hollywood movies

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I also intend to relocate. Not that i live poorly, but the stress level is on overdrive, one could lose one's mind just walking around metropolitan areas like Lagos..The mental condition of many Nigerians are dilapidated due to the problems that surrounds... too much challenges, why won't they relocate? Many times, relocating takes place when they have saved enough funds, and not to seek greener pastures. The climes there are saner.

Exactly my point. He is saying that bank managers earn 1.2m but yet they are willing to damn it all and start life afresh in a sane country.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
In conclusion, Op is far fetched from the reality. Okay you are in Nigeria earning a fat salary and saving some in the bank while investing on projects, real estate and Co. Good for you.

Now let's ask ourselves, why do we dream of a higher paying job and to own houses and cars? Because it's the dream of every Nigerian! Should I remind you why? Because if you don't have money in Nigeria you have :

No security
No food
No electricity
You get bullied by anyone
You get shot by a military man if you ask him questions
No respect for human rights
You can't afford education
Pray you don't get sick, that's a death sentence
Their are tons of them, In fact you are alive by God's grace alone

Even if you are weathly in Nigeria, every single day you are afraid for your life. It's either you get kidnapped, or you get killed or assassinated. My neighbour in Ph who works with Total, armed robbers came to his house by 8pm robbed him and shot him dead! Just last week. His wife is left with the 4 kids to cater for. I'm sure if his opportuned to see this crappy post he will give you a dirty slap. Nigeria has no future for the youths!!! Why are your politicians sending their kids to study and live there? You compare an ordinary plate washer in America to a glorious job position in Nigeria with so much responsibility and professionalism and you have the guts to open this useless topic and defend your illiteracy. My sisters friend has kidney failure and has been on dialysis for 6 good years free of charge while they wait for a donor. Do you know what it will cost you in Nigeria to last that long even if you have 30 million saved up somewhere you will spend it all before you die. I have lost about 4 close friends to kidney failure and they didn't last 2 months.

Now let's get down to reality once again, you compare a hustler washing plate to a bank manager in Nigeria. This is very wrong, there are many Nigerians who study and work in America in professional positions and earn over 100k monthly, again, don't tell me how to live my life. I don't need to buy a 2017 benz and pay taxes all year over it because I earn 100k a year. America treats you the way you treat her, I spoke with my sisters husband today, his a white man and a citizen born and bread in London. He said Nigerians save alot and he doesn't know why, he said his friend a Nigerian has houses and properties in Nigeria but cooks his own food and doesn't like spending. But this man hardly saves 1k because he doesn't have too. He works so he has a good credit score and buys stuff with it. What we suffer to get here in Nigeria and call it being rich, is what a common man enjoys there so why save money, for what exactly? A car? A house? Do you have a job? How good is your credit history? Then go pick one and pay on mortgage. There are free and affordable public schools for your kids that will cost that bank manager in Nigeria 1.5 million per term to send his kid to that kind of school in Nigeria. No barriers, no discrimination, your kid and a rich man's kid are best friends because they go to the same school. Do you know what sort of joy and hope that gives you? When you see your child living a mega millionaire's child life and interacting with children of very successful families because of the opportunity USA provides for the common man?

You might think you are wise and making a point, ask those who had the opportunity to relocate to America and decided to stay back 10 years ago, they will tell you their story.
I'm working hard to live the country soon to Europe to study and as soon as I'm settled and have my papers I'm bringing my soon to be wife over to start a nursing career in the states. If we both make $220k annually and able to save just $100k from that money and invest back home, we are far better off than any professional worker in Nigeria both in earning and quality of life, I rest my case.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
UncleJudax:

hahahhaha. America is so currupt, thats why basic amenities are taken for granted. of cos, there ought to be a nigerian version of good living...for example buying a CAT generator grin

I am not defending America...i am telling you that Nigeria is fuckeddd cool

Meanwhile, you didnt even address my question...why do you always talk about fat bank accouts in nigeria when the country virtually produces nothing? cry

who told you nigeria doesnt produce anything,it is easy to denigrate nigeria and follow the american train llike you help them build the system,we know many people living on food stamp in america and then thinking they are better than nigerians in nigeria.sure america have a better system than us but you cant reach you ultimate goal in america,you can have an average life when depending on mortgage and the credit system but you cant reach the self actualization zone.once the credit system collapses,i hope you dont find yourself on the street

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Ashmark(m): 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
idu1:
It's not possible to rent 2 bedroom flat in most area in lagos. Except you want to live in places like ikorodu, ayobo and other far and less developed area. So, if you live in these areas make sure your place of work is closeby. If not, transport ll eat up your salary. 80k is nothing in present day nigeria....

Lagos is Lagos, forget Ikorodu or Ayobo...

I have a friend staying in 2bedroom in Ogudu and he works with Zenith with 75k monthly..

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
onatisi:
kai,100k in naira is equal to about 1000ghana cedis, a menial labourer in ghana now earns 50ghc a day which is about 5k ,which minus weekend s equals the big boy salary of 100k in naija
Liar

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
lazygal:

Forget nairaland darling mmam from a ruling class. And vrth humble.I also don't flaunt my family name or use money I work for money even doing small businesses...so when I say nice places am entitled to my opinion .I don't think you are as well travelled as iam
That's how far I will go with you
Rubbish! grin you don't know me either and you have never left your small village since you were born, choose anywere in the world you would like to meet me next sunday, and i will be there!
the only class you are ruling is your bedroom that's if you have any grin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ashmark:

Lagos is Lagos, forget Ikorodu or Ayobo...

I have a friend staying in 2bedroom in Ogudu and he works with Zenith with 75k monthly..

That must be a canal.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by PDPGuy: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
PaperLace:
The money people are mentioning here is too much.

PDPGuy, come please. Are you also earning more than a MANAGER? Let me know how often to beg you money.

Haha.

Right now, I would say I earn as much as a manager cheesy

But the gist of the OP is accurate in a way. A bank manager, top exec in an oil and gas firm, businessman, or even entry-level oil petroleum engineer could plausibly be a home owner within 2-3 years of work.

But people, here, who earn less than $5,000/month (depending on the state they live in), may only be able to afford a one or two-bedroom rental apartment.

However, most essentials of life are affordable to people who are even earning minimum wage. A minimum wage earner can buy a bag of rice without sweat cheesy, can buy a plane ticket from the US to the UK, can even buy a car (with financing), and has access to health insurance via his/her employer.

In contrast, I’d wager that no more than 10-15% of Nigerian adult residents can afford a plane ticket to the UK or anywhere else in Western Europe, let alone the United States.

So, comparatively speaking, a bank manager in Nigeria has more disposable income than someone who earns $2,500/month in the US, but when it comes to the affordability of most essentials of life, both categories of individuals are on par with each other.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
grossintel:
In conclusion, Op is far fetched from the reality. Okay you are in Nigeria earning a fat salary and saving some in the bank while investing on projects, real estate and Co. Good for you.

Now let's ask ourselves, why do we dream of a higher paying job and to own houses and cars? Because it's the dream of every Nigerian! Should I remind you why? Because if you don't have money in Nigeria you have :

No security
No food
No electricity
You get bullied by anyone
You get shot by a military man if you ask him questions
No respect for human rights
You can't afford education
Pray you don't get sick, that's a death sentence
Their are tons of them, In fact you are alive by God's grace alone

Even if you are weathly in Nigeria, every single day you are afraid for your life. It's either you get kidnapped, or you get killed or assassinated. My neighbour in Ph who works with Total, armed robbers came to his house by 8pm robbed him and shot him dead! Just last week. His wife is left with the 4 kids to cater for. I'm sure if his opportuned to see this crappy post he will give you a dirty slap. Nigeria has no future for the youths!!! Why are your politicians sending their kids to study and live there? You compare an ordinary plate washer in America to a glorious job position in Nigeria with so much responsibility and professionalism and you have the guts to open this useless topic and defend your illiteracy. My sisters friend has kidney failure and has been on dialysis for 6 good years while they wait for a donor. Do you know what it will cost you in Nigeria to last that long even if you have 30 million saved up somewhere you will spend it all before you die. I have lost about 4 close friends to kidney failure and they didn't last 2 months.

Now let's get down to reality once again, you compare a hustler washing plate to a bank manager in Nigeria. This is very wrong, there are many Nigerians who study and work in America in professional positions and earn over 100k monthly, again, don't tell me how to live my life. I don't need to buy a 2017 benz and pay taxes all year over it because I earn 100k a month. America treats you the way you treat her, I spoke with my sisters husband today, his a white man and a citizen born and bread in London. He said Nigerians save alot and he doesn't know why, he said his friend a Nigerian has houses and properties in Nigeria but cooks his own food and doesn't like spending. But this man hardly saves 1k because he doesn't have too. He works so he has a good credit score and buys stuff with it. What we suffer to get here in Nigeria and call it being rich, is a common man enjoys there so why save money for what exactly?

You might think you are wise and making a point, ask those who had the opportunity to relocate to America and decided to stay back 10 years ago, they will tell you their story.
I'm working hard to live the country soon to Europe to study and as soon as I'm settled and have my papers I'm bringing my soon to be wife over to start a nursing career in the states. If we both make $220k annually and able to save just $100k from that money and invest back home, we are far better off than any professional worker in Nigeria both in earning and quality of life, I rest my case.

stop lying,america has the highest rate of murder/arrmed robbery in the world,if people are so safe in america,why are there lot of gated communities in america,why do most people own guns in america,there was almost 25,000 attacks in america this year,from mass shooting to break in and there are many videos on youtube showing armed robbery and break in in america. stop deceiving us,Nigeria is safer than america and many foreigners in nigeria have attest to that.

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sammiejokes:

The issue is I earn close to 150k after tax but bro in Lagos Man still hustling, I rather go Yankee and stop this suit nonsense. Ma guyz dey ride 2015 model car in same US, I have a bro in AUSIE who changes car like water naa 17 years old car I dey drive. the op dey vex me

U earn 150k i believe u go still count urself as unemployed youth

Did ur friend paid cash for dos cars he his changing?

U forget y u are not driving a new car is bcus u hav to pay cash

U even still get 17 year old car u dey complain

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
SIRTee15:

Mr man...
There's no where in Benin u will get a flat for 80 thousand naira....
If there's such place, mention it n let's confirm...

Stop been a liar

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by onatisi(m): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
evansdkidnapper:

Hmmmm well no matter how hard u try to rubbish God's own state, i still remain grateful to God for bringing me to this country. i just turned one year in this country, i have my own car, i send money to my mother in naija every month, i pay my house rent and other bills and still have savings. black americans dont have savings cos of their lifestyles not africans living in america. so stop deceiving people.

leave dem,llet them keep deceiving themselves. Dem no dey teach persin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by SIRTee15: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
spartacus11:

Stop been a liar

Mention those places or u keep quiet.....
Stop behaving like an untrained n mannerless child....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by SIRTee15: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I won't waste data on you. Your limitation is your god...plz go, make i use data watch film online, e better pass to argue thrash...you're what you know..simple. You can't debate what you don't know

I'm not calling u out for debate....
Just mention naija IT companies that pays its IT professionals more than Google, uber, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon....
That's all....

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by bigtt76(f): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
Not saying it's better but it works for them same way savings before spending works for us.

The only difference here is that they get more credits when they need it unlike us that must save before we can live.

An American school boy can just wake up and decide he's traveling overseas for a hike, he gets all he needs from the credit system. A school boy in Nigeria would need to save day and night to foot that bill and even at that would think twice about it knowing it's an expenditure and not investment.

Yes the American boy will be in debt after the hike but when he gets back, he's most likely to get a job and gradually pays off his loans even if it takes a lifetime, it doesn't stop him getting more.

Try that in Nigeria, ordinary LAPO de make people commit suicide how much more collect loan for hiking from them.

Just30:
They are mostly in debt
How is that better living

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by BlowJobs: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

How much do you spend, if your gf is not feeding and housing you, how much will you be spending? Abi na for naija you go spend am, your housing shouldn't be less than $600 ideally except na basement you dey stay.

Our rent is 715$ per month. We pay $68 for internet (actually $58 but we rent the Wifi box for $10 from xfinity), 40$ for gas presently( might go up during the winter) and around $30 for electricity (budget billing). Total is $853. We pay around 40$ for groceries every week.

Mind you, my Fiance makes enough for the both of us that i don't even need to work. However, I am not that kind of a bum. i like to work. We share our bills. She has a loan she is paying off. That is the major thing taking money from her.

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by UncleJudax(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
thebosstrevor:

who told you nigeria doesnt produce anything,it is easy to denigrate nigeria and follow the american train llike you help them build the system,we know many people living on food stamp in america and then thinking they are better than nigerians in nigeria.sure america have a better system than us but you cant reach you ultimate goal in america,you can have an average life when depending on mortgage and the credit system but you cant reach the self actualization zone.once the credit system collapses,i hope you dont find yourself on the street
Again.hahahaha. Ultimate goal you said? Diagnostically speaking, what do you think the future holds for an average Nigerian youth living in Nigeria? ....

i may not have perticipated in building the systen but i am sure helping in maintaining it. Nigeria doesnt even want to build a system grin

Yes, Nigeria doesnt produce anything. Even the oil is being extracted by foreign companies. as we talk check all the gadgets in your home, clothes you are wearing...I am sure you are seeing China, India, Singapore, USA, Germany, Vietnam, Bangladish etc

Credit facility is there as a back up...which by the way is not available in Nigeria. anyone that depends solely on cretdit is doing so at his/her discretion., has nothing to do with me cry

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
Coldfeets:
No matter what, America is still far far far much better than Nigeria.

I may be doing menial jobs in the U.S of A but at least I'm assured of the basic amenities that makes life easier.

A menial jobber in Naija may not be able to boast of the same.

D question is how many Nigerians are willing to do such menial job here, wen pride and big bro level wan finish dem

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
thebosstrevor:

stop lying,america has the highest rate of murder/arrmed robbery in the world,if people are so safe in america,why are there lot of gated communities in america,why do most people own guns in america,there was almost 25,000 attacks in america this year,from mass shooting to break in and there are many videos on youtube showing armed robbery and break in in america. stop deceiving us,Nigeria is safer than america and many foreigners in nigeria have attest to that.

have you travelled to america before? if no,,stfu

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=bigtt76 post=61884402]Not saying it's better but it works for them same way savings before spending works for us.

The only difference here is that they get more credits when they need it unlike us that must save before we can live.

An American school boy can just wake up and decide he's traveling overseas for a hike, he gets all he needs from the credit system. A school boy in Nigeria would need to save day and night to foot that bill and even at that would think twice about it knowing it's an expenditure and not investment.

Yes the American boy will be in debt after the hike but when he gets back, he's most likely to get a job and gradually pays off his loans even if it takes a lifetime, it doesn't stop him getting more.

Try that in Nigeria, ordinary LAPO de make people commit suicide how much more collect loan for hiking from them.

that is what i thought too until i notice you need to have a good credit score for you to qualify for loans,i do watch one show on gotv on sonymax,it is called repo.if you collect something on loan in america and you delay or default payment for a month,the loan company will send a repo company to prepossess the stuff you collected,come and see americcans trying to claim another person and running away
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
its funny that 80 percent of folks here commenting for and against, even the OP have not set foot in america before. why should you even respond to such people when its obvious they clearly dont even know what they are talking about!

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by kessel: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
What a stupid thread
Comparing Nigeria to USA.... Looks to me like you are high on bitterness over your denial for USA visa.
And some people who has not even visited Togo are coming here to talk trash about USA.
How many people even get the bank management job?
A country that has no plan for her youth is what you are comparing with USA... How pathetic.
I even had to extradite a friend from his bank job when i found out that he was recieving less than 30k as salary.... A graduate who spent 5yrs in school. Abegi... Talk something else

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
SIRTee15:

I'm not calling u out for debate....
Just mention naija IT companies that pays its IT professionals more than Google, uber, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon....
That's all....

Sorry but i want to preserve my data... grin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
aonag:

have you travelled to america before? if no,,stfu

i do not have to travel for me to know what is going on there,thank god for the internet,you can get info as fast as possible

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
bettermandate80:
Bro, which part of Nigeria can a monthly salary of 80k get you a two bed room apartment?..Maybe somewhere in the inner rural areas or a ghetto. Where i live, a decent two bed room flat goes for nothing less than 600k per year, so i wonder how you can save such money from a 80k monthly salary

Oga dey are better buildings more dan d one u live in, in other part of dis country u can get for 250k or less

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
bigtt76:
Not saying it's better but it works for them same way savings before spending works for us.

that is what i thought too until i notice you need to have a good credit score for you to qualify for loans,i do watch one show on gotv on sonymax,it is called repo.if you collect something on loan in america and you delay or default payment for a month,the loan company will send a repo company to prepossess the stuff you collected,come and see americcans trying to claim another person and running away

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
thebosstrevor:

i do not have to travel for me to know what is going on there,thank god for the internet,you can get info as fast as possible

tbh you are in no postion to comment on this thread. no single one. this is not an experience you can read ir watch on youtube. if you have literally not lived and worked in america, like i said earlier shut the fuckr up!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.