Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results (16487 Views)

WAEC Releases Nov/dec 2015 GCE Result, 48% Pass Recorded / Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results / When Will Waec Gce Nov/dec Results Be Realeased? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by etaurus(m): 4:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
may god help our 9ja edu system.
I pray my sister pass o, she took the exams.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Jarus(m): 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
etaurus:

may god help our 9ja edu system.
I pray my sister pass o, she took the exams.
Are you sure she's not part of the 98%? grin
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by eros(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
IN-CREDI-BLE. Only in Naija can things like this happen. Nonetheless, we will get there someday.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by kasilly(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
i no know what dis idiot dey do they just dey waste our time and money i wish to blow there boss head off dem dey sell our result to rich people see dis results angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Wallie(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
98% failure rate for a high school exam? Even the most difficult exams in the world don’t have a failure rate that high! Do the people in power understand that they are enslaving a whole generation?

If I were in charge, the first person I would fire is the Minister of Education. Next in line would be all the principals; however, I would encourage them to reapply for the position after they pass a competency test on what their responsibilities are.  

Then I would give the teachers 2 tries to pass a competency test in their respective fields which will also include English. Those that fail on the 2nd try would be fired.

Then I would give every teacher an opportunity to double their salary based on the percentage of their students that pass a standardized test. Teachers that consistently rate below average based on their students’ scores will be fired.

My goal is simple: Hire and reward the best professional teachers that Nigeria can produce. If the reward is high enough, even professional bankers and engineers will apply!

If only I have the time, I need to write an open letter to the Minister of Education to let him/her know that I would have fired him/her if I had the authority!
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Gunnaz007: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
maboola:

Most SS3 students don't even know the metric table. No thanks to the type of exercise books they use these days that has the pictures of osofia and drogba at the back,instead of multiplication table.
Every student wants to hammer and buy hummer, Ipods, Mp3 player, X-box,nitendo and facebook has replaced any serious academic work.

Wasted generation from wicked parents/guardians.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

oh boy you wan kill person with laf. Kudos to your statement in bold above.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
pls can i ve luck in registrin this neco june july help or is it too late
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
D FAILD EVERYONE ND U CAN CHECK UR RESULT FREE VERY FUNNY (lol)
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Jarus(m): 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
zipphy:

D FAILD EVERYONE ND U CAN CHECK your RESULT FREE VERY FUNNY (lol)
zipphy:

pls can i ve luck in registrin this neco june july help or is it too late
With this your Engrrriishhh, I'm afraid we may have 99.9% this year. If all the 98% come back to re-write and you join them.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by cardoso111(m): 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
and the resulf was so ling delayed.NEXO might lose patronage to its sister organ but let us diagnose the performance
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Larufa(m): 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2010
We should pay more attention to the FOUNDATION.

How did all the Candidates get to the stage of writing the Exam?

Educational development is a process not just the final result we are now faced with.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
look jarufs or what did u call ur self i may have difficulty in typing that dos not make u more perfect than me nd tnkx for the prayer look i only ask a question if u cnt answer me then be quiet ok am not begging i know ur type only cause trouble so pls leave me alone look for someone else lipsrsealed
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by SwtzMinx(f): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2010
.thouh I don't really like NECO(i prefer WAEC). . .this analysis(98%) has got me shaking ma head. . .don't they read
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by cvibe: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
Things fall apart when the center cannot hold.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by rygem: 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
Students in elementary and secondary schools are planning how to ride jeep instead of studying. To make matters worse, the society is clapping for them since education appears to have no value in Nigeria and money is everything.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2010
com on not all student am serious i got 8f9
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by trustme1: 12:43am On Mar 18, 2010
i believe that the major problem is with the teachers. then the students and lastly the parents. why such hierarchy?
many students have seen hard work as a 'crime' cuz the know and appreciate the easy way out (society has made them believe so).
parents are so busy and the want their children to pass at all cost. but the teachers and school administration are the worst culprits cuz the are the last door way to crime and in 9ja, that doorway is wide open.
teachers themselves encourage students to pay for expo materials. organize people to bring the answer materials before the exams. sitting arrangements are made in such a way that dundies sit beside the brainy ones so that the can copy easily. i have witnessed all these.

it really turns ma tummy when i see a teacher who has taken his time to teach you say for 6 years, building you up and advising you in areas of your life , will now turn around and use his left hand to pull you down in a matter of days.
when you know you will still give the person the answer b4 he starts solving the problem, why teach him/her.

the worst is that we dont even have teachers, all we have are politicians in the classroom who are aggressive at lining their pockets. our university system is hardly anything to write about. i have witnessed cases of where the V.C keeps handing out jobs to his 'brothers and sisters' because the hail from same state even when these people hardly got thru in the class. one lady in ma masters class in unijos didn't even know what she was doing in the class but she already had a job as a lecturer teaching the maths she hardly ever understood, cuz she finished with a third class but she was from same LGA with the VC or so.
these students will still get into the universities with their terrible results by paying between 100,000 to 200,000 naira or more depending on where you come from. at least i know that of unijos. its sickening. they sch admin dumps left overs for you in the class and then you as a teacher is required to make them pass! miracle!

I really luv the use of the civil defense corps in these exams(but i hope the wont also fall into the bribe trap). another solution is to have teacher exchange programs during external exams. a couple of teachers from sch A goes to sch B, those from sch B go to sch C, maybe about 5 schools in an exchange circle. so that it will be teachers from sch E that will invigilate students in sch A. I believe this will also help.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Redman44(m): 1:22am On Mar 18, 2010
It is really frightening to see our teenagers fail in this manner. Secondary School students are not reading much these days. Most of them are busy watching the 8 pack DVD's that are sold cheaply on the roads. They also don't want to sacrifice like we did back in the days. The Colleges of Education are also not churning out quality teachers. It is really awful. I don't know what to say again. Hmn.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by mcro: 5:00am On Mar 18, 2010
the problem is multifaceted and is really a vicious cycle; the government is parochial and nepotistic and hires mediocres as teachers, the teachers are unfulfilled and shortchanged and are 'exploitable'y the parents, the parents are overwhelmed, undervalued and economically pauperizes by the government and so cannot avoid to pay for exm twice, the students are so lazy, irresponsible and later find themselves in government as croocked politicians
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by 9jafreak: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2010
[size=13pt]6 Long Years in the University and you can't bloo.dy get a C(55%)

Here, I need minmum 94% to get an A

in Nigeria it's merely 78% and 99.999% of students never attain straight As throughout their studies.

Such a shame![/size]
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by utotomi50(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2010
[size=25pt]DAAAAAMN!!!![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by chelseabmw(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2010
so neco is now hard?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Jibson999(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2010
How do u expect them to pass when all they do is watch african magic, supersport, ben 10 alien forces, facebooking, myspace, twitter and uncountable elements which stop them from concentrating on their studies and not to mention the corruption at all levels. I pity all those students and just hope the government do something about this ugly situation
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Jibson999(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2010
How do u expect them to pass when all they do is watch african magic, supersport, ben 10 alien forces, facebooking, myspace, twitter and uncountable elements which stop them from concentrating on their studies and not to mention the corruption at all levels. I pity all those students and just hope the government do something about this ugly situation
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by jessefly: 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2010
abeggi neco is too hard sef
haba see as they fail people dats why people rarely take it
if u look at d questions dey probably brought things dat are not in syllabus
i know this cos i sat for only neco praticals 2002 n mehn it was somein else i was like wat is this, was definitely not thot 65% of these
imagine registering only 250,000 students check how many waec go register, me i dont blame d students neco own too much sef wink
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by candylips(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
unbelivable
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by bike1: 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
Just short of words. I wonder where wer heading to? Where has our reading cultures gone to?see wat civilization has done to our kids? Everytime there on the net-facebooking , watching movies etc. I aint saying ther not gud but there shud be a limit to everytin. Parents beware. These kids r our future pride
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by splashbaby(m): 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2010
chelseabmw:

so neco is now hard?
No be Neco hard oo Na education for Naija
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
Please has anyone seen their results yet?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by honeric01(m): 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
Only 2%? omg, this is a BAD omen. embarassed embarassed embarassed

What can be done to correct this mistake? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teacher Brutalizes Nursery 1 Pupill Over Assignment / Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 / Uniport 2010/2011 Post Utme Cut-off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.