Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,386 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. (5233 Views)

Dino Melaye Mother's Grave 'Holy Bible' (Photos) / Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) / Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Our people are deceived and blind. As was prophesied.

We think that when we are reading the bible, we are reading about other people. About foreigners. White foreigners.

We do not realise that we are reading the story of our ancestors.

We do not realise that we, the Niger-Congo speaking groups of Africa, are direct descendants of fleeing Jews of antiquity.

That over a million of us fled into Africa after the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

That number, in 2000 years, has multiplied to several hundreds of millions of us today - the majority 'black African' population.

The Niger-Congo/Bantu blacks are a Semitic group, separate from the equally black Hamites. The former comprises today's 'forest' Africans like the Igbo, Yoruba, Ashanti, Efik, Bini, etc, while the latter comprises the Sudanese, Ethiopians, Nubians, and possibly Hausa and Fulanis. Those are the REAL Africans, while the Niger-Congo branch are IMMIGRANTS to Africa from the ancient Middle East. If you google "ancient Jews images", you will see ONLY images of Niger-Congo blacks. The Old Testament is the story of our ancestors before they fled into Africa.

They apparently had a pact with Yahweh, which they broke, and for which they were promised iniquities by Yahweh, such as slavery, and economic decline. These appear to define the recent history of our people, further confirming the truth of our proposition.

In old churches across Europe today, you still see images of the "Black Madonna", the original depictions of Mary carrying Jesus, which were of a black woman and child. Only around the 18th century did images of Mary and Jesus start to become whitened by European artists. This was what the colonial nations like Nigeria came to know and accept till this day. Thankfully, the truth is starting to emerge.

When Moses was asked by Yahweh to put his arm in his garment, and pull it back out, he was shocked and amazed that it had turned white, "as the arm of a leper". His skin had to be black/dark brown for him to have had this reaction.

Interestingly, in the movie, The Ten Commandments, this particular incident was left out. Perhaps because the guy who played Moses was Charlton Heston, a white actor...

Intriguingly, it was prophesied in Deuteronomy and elsewhere in the OT that we would forget who we were, that we would be a "blind" people, and that those tribes we know today as Europeans and Arabs would conspire against us to bring us down.

It is clear there is a lot we can learn from the Bible...

Hebrews being led into captivity by the Assyrians in 680 BC.

Only one race of people on earth have hair like that.

Niger-Congo Africans.

''Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israell?'' Amos 9:7

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Bestchisom(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
So it appears that our ancestors at a very remote period of history, were world leaders in every respect. The richest and most pre-eminent people on the earth.

A people favoured by the Gods.

By Yahweh and the Elohim.

It appears that they became complacent and wayward, forgetting their roots, and Yahweh, leader of the Elohim, made them pay for it.

Deuteronomy 28

Curses for Disobedience

15 However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.

21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess.

22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron.

24 The Lord will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.
[Clear reference to the future desertification of the then fertile Sahara]

25 The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth.
[Foreign invasions/ colonialism/ racism]

26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away.

27 The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured.

28 The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind.
[Many negroid Africans today are philosophically blind, and have no clue about their history, and many feel racially inferior, leading to phenomena like skin bleaching]

29 At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

30 You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit.
[This was common in US slavery; when the slave would have a wife and the master would rape the women. Nearly the entire Western Hemisphere was built off slave labor yet the descendants of the slaves have nothing to show for it]

31 Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them.
[Foreign invaders, colonialists, enslavers etc]

32 Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand.
[Clear description of the slave trade]

33 A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days.
[Colonialism... Europe looted African resources and put very little back by way of development]

34 The sights you see will drive you mad.

35 The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

36 The Lord will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your ancestors. There you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone.
[This refers to the fleeing Jews entering Africa, many of whom descended to idol worship. It also refers to negro slaves overseas forced to worship 'the white man's god'.]

37 You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the Lord will drive you.
[A clear prediction of the rise of anti-black racism and the myth of black 'inferiority']

38 You will sow much seed in the field but you will harvest little, because locusts will devour it.

39 You will plant vineyards and cultivate them but you will not drink the wine or gather the grapes, because worms will eat them.

40 You will have olive trees throughout your country but you will not use the oil, because the olives will drop off.

41 You will have sons and daughters but you will not keep them, because they will go into captivity.
[Slave Trade - Arab and Transatlantic]

42 Swarms of locusts will take over all your trees and the crops of your land.
[Famine, poor harvests... highly synonymous with modern-day Africa]

43 The foreigners who reside among you will rise above you higher and higher, but you will sink lower and lower.
[Europeans, Indians and Chinese come to Nigeria and we make them lords over us]

44 They will lend to you, but you will not lend to them. They will be the head, but you will be the tail.
[Today, the west lends to Africa, but we do not lend to them]

45 All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the Lord your God and observe the commands and decrees he gave you.

46 They will be a sign and a wonder to you and your descendants forever.

47 Because you did not serve the Lord your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity,

48 therefore in hunger and thirst, in unclothedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the Lord sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

49 The Lord will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand,
[This sounds a lot like American slave traders]

50 a fierce-looking nation without respect for the old or pity for the young.

51 They will devour the young of your livestock and the crops of your land until you are destroyed. They will leave you no grain, new wine or olive oil, nor any calves of your herds or lambs of your flocks until you are ruined.

52 They will lay siege to all the cities throughout your land until the high fortified walls in which you trust fall down. They will besiege all the cities throughout the land the Lord your God is giving you.

53 Because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you.

54 Even the most gentle and sensitive man among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves or his surviving children,

55 and he will not give to one of them any of the flesh of his children that he is eating. It will be all he has left because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of all your cities.

56 The most gentle and sensitive woman among you—so sensitive and gentle that she would not venture to touch the ground with the sole of her foot—will begrudge the husband she loves and her own son or daughter

57 the afterbirth from her womb and the children she bears. For in her dire need she intends to eat them secretly because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of your cities.

58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the Lord your God—

59 the Lord will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses.

60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you.

61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed.
[Africa has been plagued by disease in recent times - Aids, Malaria, Yellow Fever, Ebola, etc]

62 You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left but few in number, because you did not obey the Lord your God.
[Blacks were the numerical majority in the Middle East in antiquity. Today, they are only a few blacks there]

63 Just as it pleased the Lord to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you. You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.
[The black Israelites were uprooted from Israel in 70 AD and forced to flee the region]

64 Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known.
[Black descendants of slaves are spread across the world, in the Caribbean, South America, North America, Europe etc]

65 Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the Lord will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart.

66 You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life.

67 In the morning you will say, “If only it were evening!” and in the evening, “If only it were morning!”—because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see.

68 The Lord will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, and no one will buy [redeem] you.
[This is a clear reference to the trans-atlantic slave trade, with the US the modern-day 'Egypt'. On US currency is visible Egyptian symbolism like pyramids and the Eye of Horus]

Jeremiah 24:9 And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the Earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.
[Clear prediction of the rise of worldwide anti-black racism]
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
OUR JOURNEY

If you look at the above map, you can see why Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa, with 200 million people.

Nigeria is at the direct end path of fleeing Jews from Israel as well as the ancient Egyptians and Nubians, into inner Africa. The first convenient stop, with lush vegetation and Sahel. Most of the blacks who fled settled in Nigeria, with others moving farther ahead into Western Africa, which remains less populated than Nigeria, the first stop.

So it is possible that of the 1 million Jews who fled into Africa from 70 AD, perhaps a third, or even half, of them settled in what is known today as 'Nigeria'. A settler population of 500,000 people 2,000 years ago would have certainly grown to 200 million by 2017.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Weak! Your argument is weak.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

Song of Solomon 1:4-6

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.'

Job 30:30

My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.”

Lamentations 4:8

Their visage is blacker than coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.”

Lamentations 5:10

Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.”

Revelation 1:15

“And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.”

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2017

The Earliest Known Depiction of Jesus (Coptic Museum in Cairo, Egypt)

The Catacombs of Domitilla – Christ and The Disciples

Christ, Peter, and Paul (4th Century A.D.)
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Rosskii:

Song of Solomon 1:4-6

4 'Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.'

“My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.” – Job 30:30

“Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.” – Lamentations 4:8

“Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.” – Lamentations 5:10

“And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.” – Revelation 1:15
Do you accept the Igbos are Jews and why?
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Do you accept the Igbos are Jews and why?

Not just the Igbos. The Efiks, Bini, Yorubas, and other Nigerians are descended from ancient Jews, Canaanites, Nubians and Egyptians.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
Rosskii:

Not just the Igbos. The Efiks, Bini, Yorubas, and other Nigerians have ancient Jewish and/or Egyptian ancestry.
I'm talking about Igbos in particular. Let's leave others for now. Do you agree that Igbos are Jews? Simple yes or no.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I'm talking about Igbos in particular. Let's leave others for now. Do you agree that Igbos are Jews? Simple yes or no.

Absolutely. Without a question. In fact 'Igbo' is a direct derivative of the word, Hebrew.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
Rosskii:

Absolutely. Without a question. In fact 'Igbo' is a direct derivative of the word, Hebrew.
But Hebrew is different from Jew. And there's no DNA line to back this up?
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Amberon11: 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
you can't refute so you resort to the usual rhetoric.
Even black Americans know this. Deuteronomy 28 is the history of black people and slavery. Keep being blind while accusing others of being slaves to religion
Sapiosexuality:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
But Hebrew is different from Jew. And there's no DNA line to back this up?

The terms are usually interchangeable.

DNA is only useful if you have something to measure it against. But what do you measure the DNA of dispersed Israelites against? The current occupiers of Israel? They weren't there even 100 years ago, never mind 2000 years.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Amberon11:
Even black Americans know this. Deuteronomy 28 is the history of black people and slavery. Keep being blind while accusing others of being slaves to religion
Do you believe all those stories in the bible are true?
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:09am On Oct 29, 2017
Lies. I trust DNA evidence better. I am not a jew.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 12:11am On Oct 29, 2017
AlfaSeltzer:
Lies. I trust DNA evidence better. I am not a jew.

DNA evidence to match against whom?

The current occupiers of Israel are not descended from the ancient Israelites.

Do modern Israelis look like the people in the above images?
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:12am On Oct 29, 2017
Rosskii:

The terms are usually interchangeable.

DNA is only useful if you have something to measure it against. But what do you measure the DNA of dispersed Israelites against? The current occupiers of Israel? They weren't there even 100 years ago, never mind 2000 years.

Exactly the point I want you to make. How does anyone know that the current crop of Igbos are Hebrews or Jews? History? That is written by the winners of war and the rulers of the world? Why should I trust the bible on the history of the Igbos? Why? Was the council at Nicea with sole aim of domination allow such a statement that ridicules their superiority complex?
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 12:20am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly the point I want you to make. How does anyone know that the current crop of Igbos are Hebrews or Jews? History? That is written by the winners of war and the rulers of the world? Why should I trust the bible on the history of the Igbos? Why? Was the council at Nicea with sole aim of domination allow such a statement that ridicules their superiority complex?

Firstly, it is not clear that the Council of Nicaea had a racially-tinged agenda. They likely compiled the books that they did not consider immediately threatening to their survival, leaving out those they did, such as the Book of Enoch.

There is no sign either that the bible books - particularly of the Old Testament - were written by anyone but the ancient Israelites themselves. The Book of Isiaiah, Genesis, Amos, Psalms, Exodus, Leviticus, etc, were all written by black ancient Israelites. They were recounting their experiences with Yahweh.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 12:28am On Oct 29, 2017
Amberon11:

Deuteronomy 28 is a virtual checklist for the black race over the last 1,000 or 2,000 years.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Rosskii:

Firstly, it is not clear that the Council of Nicaea had a racially-tinged agenda. They likely compiled the books that they did not consider immediately threatening to their survival, leaving out those they did, such as the Book of Enoch.

There is no sign either that the bible books - particularly the Old Testament - were written by anyone other than the ancient Israelites themselves. The Book of Isiaiah, Genesis, Amos, Psalms, Exodus, Leviticus, etc, were all written by black ancient Israelites. They were recounting their experiences with Yahweh.
I think you are begging the question. Instead of saying their is no sign any or other person would have written the books other than the ancient Israelites why not first tell how there is a sign it was written by ancient Israelites. You get me?

The fact that it was reported the council at nicea left out books like Thomas and Enoch shows their was an intention to create a standard. Their was an intention to create a divide and promote only infallibility. It exposed the insecurity of the compilers.

Psychologically speaking, the likelihood of people with such mindset allowing the story of the black origin of the Jews, Jesus and Hebrews to sell is very minimal. You see I'm not really doubting anything here. I don't believe any either. I simply need enough sound argument to accept.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 12:39am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I think you are begging the question. Instead of saying their is no sign any or other person would have written the books other than the ancient Israelites why not first tell how there is a sign it was written by ancient Israelites. You get me?

The fact that it was reported the council at nicea left out books like Thomas and Enoch shows their was an intention to create a standard. Their was an intention to create a divide and promote only infallibility. It exposed the insecurity of the compilers.

Psychologically speaking, the likelihood of people with such mindset allowing the story of the black origin of the Jews, Jesus and Hebrews to sell is very minimal. You see I'm not really doubting anything here. I don't believe any either. I simply need enough sound argument to accept.

You are assuming the Council of Nicaea had a race-based agenda. Why? Colour-based racism is a relatively new phenomenon in human history, specifically traced to the 17th century in Europe - a mere 300 years ago!! Racism was a system of beliefs developed by the European elite during the trans-atlantic slave trade to justify the inhuman nature of the trade to a moralistic European christian society. Prior to that era, colour-based racism was virtually non-existent.

So the council may have had its agenda, but it didn't seem to include racial distortion of facts. That only came with 17th century Europe, who used whitened artworks to force a change in public perception regarding the identity of the Israelites.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by DPsalmist2(m): 12:39am On Oct 29, 2017
Well done Brother! The Children of Yisrael are finally waking up to their true identity.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by DPsalmist2(m): 12:44am On Oct 29, 2017
How i'll contribute more to this thread later.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by DPsalmist2(m): 12:53am On Oct 29, 2017
Before I go to bed, let me just post these.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 12:57am On Oct 29, 2017
DPsalmist2, that was a great contribution. Zephaniah 3:10 was accurately predicting that the Israellites would settle in West and Central Africa, which is the exact location matching the descriptive term ''from beyond the rivers of Ethiopia''.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by BabaRamota1980: 1:07am On Oct 29, 2017
Rosskii:
Our people are deceived and blind. As was prophesied.

We think that when we are reading the bible, we are reading about other people. About foreigners. White foreigners.

We do not realise that we are reading the story of our ancestors.

We do not realise that we, the Bantu speaking groups of Africa, are direct descendants of fleeing Jews of antiquity.

That over a million of us fled into Africa after the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

That number, in 2000 years, has multiplied to several hundreds of millions of us today - the majority 'black African' population.

The Bantus are a Semitic group, separate from the equally black Hamites. The former comprises today's 'forest' Africans like the Igbo, Yoruba, Ashanti, Efik, Bini, etc, while the latter comprises the Sudanese, Ethiopians, Nubians, and possibly Hausa and Fulanis. Those are the REAL Africans, while the Bantus are IMMIGRANTS to Africa from the ancient Middle East. If you google "ancient Jews images", you will see ONLY images of Bantu blacks. The Old Testament is the story of our ancestors before they fled into Africa.

They apparently had a pact with Yahweh, which they broke, and for which they were promised iniquities by Yahweh, such as slavery, and economic decline. These appear to define the recent history of our people, further confirming the truth of our proposition.

In old churches across Europe today, you still see images of the "Black Madonna", the original depictions of Mary carrying Jesus, which were of a black woman and child. Only around the 18th century did images of Mary and Jesus start to become whitened by European artists. This was what the colonial nations like Nigeria came to know and accept till this day. Thankfully, the truth is starting to emerge.

When Moses was asked by Yahweh to put his arm in his garment, and pull it back out, he was shocked and amazed that it had turned white, "as the arm of a leper". His skin had to be black/dark brown for him to have had this reaction.

Interestingly, in the movie, The Ten Commandments, this particular incident was left out. Perhaps because the guy who played Moses was Charlton Heston, a white actor...

Intriguingly, it was prophesied in Deuteronomy and elsewhere in the OT that we would forget who we were, that we would be a "blind" people, and that those tribes we know today as Europeans and Arabs would conspire against us to bring us down.

It is clear there is a lot we can learn from the Bible...

Hebrews being led into captivity by the Assyrians in 680 BC.

Only one race of people on earth have hair like that.

Bantu Africans.

''Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israell?'' Amos 9:7

You did not do a good job with your input.

First, The Old Testament was opened with Genesis. From Genesis to Exodus there is nothing about Jews.
So who were the people of Genesis and Exodus?

Second, Yoruba is not a Bantu.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 1:24am On Oct 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

You did not do a good job with your input.

First, The Old Testament was opened with Genesis. From Genesis to Exodus there is nothing about Jews.
So who were the people of Genesis and Exodus?

Second, Yoruba is not a Bantu.

Exodus was a story about the Israelites. Yorubas are not technically Bantus, but are of the Niger-Congo language group which includes the Bantus, and approximates to the ancient Israelite racial prototype. Opening text corrected to reflect more accurate naming.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by BabaRamota1980: 1:53am On Oct 29, 2017
Rosskii:

Exodus was a story about the Israelites. Yorubas are not technically Bantus, but are of the Niger-Congo language group which includes the Bantus, and approximates to the ancient Israelite racial prototype. Opening text corrected to reflect more accurate naming.

You have a very good thread that can attract solid opinions and inputs on origins but I believe by mixing and separating concepts to meander your way through the history could offend people and in their impatience they will attack your initiative.

If you want to talk about stock of origin and nativity then leave linguistics completely out of it.

The language that most speak today is not consistent with where they originate from. Only few ethnic groups are still around and in posession of their native tongue and land. Yoruba is one of such...but even amongst Yoruba is a foreigner stock brought in by Oduduwa, the son of Lamarudu. Neither the natives nor the foreigners had Bantu reference.

If Exodus was about Israelites and Bible is story of Blacks, were Israelites Blacks? Where are they today?
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by ConcernedRusian: 2:00am On Oct 29, 2017
WRONG. The Bible originates from Judaism, which originates from the Semitic religions of the semitic people. (e.g. Aramaeans, Hebrews, Arabs, Assyrians, etc.) Semitic people themselves coming from ancient Afro-Asiatic peoples from whom Oromo and Somali and Ancient Egyptian also arose. Nigerians, and the overwhelming majority of Africans are not semitic people, ethnically culturally or linguistically.

The only people in Nigeria outside Arab tribes who could genuinely claim some sort of ancient semitic connection are Hausas because their ancestors are actually people who came from Eurasia into Africa, and their language is a distant relative of Arabic, Somali, Egyptian and Berber ,and even then it's only a whisper.
Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by Rosskii: 2:48am On Oct 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

If Exodus was about Israelites and Bible is story of Blacks, were Israelites Blacks? Where are they today?

''Moses forewarned the Children of Israel of the curses that would befall them if they did not follow the commandments of The Most High. In Deuteronomy 28:15 it says this:

‘And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt not harken (listen) unto the voice of [Yahweh] to observe to do all his commandments and his statues which I command thee this day that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee.’

The particular curses that would befall the Children of Israel for not keeping the commandments of Yahweh were that they would suffer slavery similar to the type of slavery they suffered in Egypt and that they would be transported into this new slavery ON SHIPS and that the places where we would be transported they would be sold as slaves to their enemies. In Deuteronomy 28:68 it says this:

‘And the Lord shall bring thee into Egypt (slavery) again (a second time) WITH SHIPS (Cargo Slave Ships), by the way whereof I spake unto thee, thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen (slave men) and bondwomen, (slave women) and no man shall buy [redeem] you’.

This is the missing link between the Hebrew Israelites and the Transatlantic Slave Trade. It explains how the Israelites fled into the interiors of Africa as refugees after the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D. They were rounded up on the African continent and shipped all over the western hemisphere to be sold as slaves. This is the history that has been omitted from the pages of history.''

THUS, the answer to your question of ''Where are the Jews today?'' is: The regions where the trans-atlantic slave trade was most active - the West African forest regions, plus the black diaspora of the Americas and the Caribbean.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. by BabaRamota1980: 2:57am On Oct 29, 2017
ConcernedRusian:
WRONG. The Bible originates from Judaism, which originates from the Semitic religions of the semitic people. (e.g. Aramaeans, Hebrews, Arabs, Assyrians, etc.) Semitic people themselves coming from ancient Afro-Asiatic peoples from whom Oromo and Somali and Ancient Egyptian also arose. Nigerians, and the overwhelming majority of Africans are not semitic people, ethnically culturally or linguistically.

The only people in Nigeria outside Arab tribes who could genuinely claim some sort of ancient semitic connection are Hausas because their ancestors are actually people who came from Eurasia into Africa, and their language is a distant relative of Arabic, Somali, Egyptian and Berber ,and even then it's only a whisper.

Just because Bible was written by Semites does not make it their story or account of their experience.

The Bible could very well be a chronicle of events and culture of a people outside the Semitic scribes that authored it. Who knows? Keep an open mind, too early in this discussion to start eliminating theories ahead of concrete facts. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Just Won Enugu State / Hezbollah Sponsoring ENDSARS Campaign Through Nigerian Celebrities. / Senate Proposes Life Jail For Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.