Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,463 members, 7,850,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam (548 Views)

The Unjust Law Of Divorce In The New Testament: Especially For The Woman / The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian / Apostle Johnson Suleman Encourages Divorce In Marriages Of Deceit (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by EazyMoh(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
I read a thread here talking about the non-negotiability of divorce in Christianity. I couldn't help but observe the clear contrast with verdict of Islam on the same issue.
Like many other aspects of life divorce in Islam becomes permissible or even compulsory under some circumstances. And to say divorce should only be considered if a spouse commits adultery 78 times is just ridiculous!
As an engineer I came to understand and appreciate the importance of emergency exit in buildings and vehicles, emergency shutdown for machinery as well numerous safety features installed on almost everything humans build and operate.
Incorporating emergency exits and fail safes in a process doesn't mean the engineers are not confident about their structures, it's to make if anything is to go wrong, life and property loss will be minimized or eliminated.
Family and marriage are very important institutions in Islam, that's why Divorce is dedicated a whole Chapter (Dalaq, Chapter 65) in the Qur'an.
As the messenger of Allah (PBUH) said in a Hadith.
"This is (made of) provisions, and the best of its provision is a righteous wife"
Given the fact that we are only given one lifetime, it wouldn't if we get stuck with an unrighteous spouse for rest of our lives without a chance of escape.
In summary marriage life is simple in Islam. If any of the partners is not content with living with the partner, all they could do separate. The husband revoke the marriage by simply uttering "I divorce you", and the wife can also revoke the marriage by simply refunding half of the dowry he paid her (if they had consummated the marriage) or in full if they hadn't. Note the husband isn't entitled to his dowry refund if he was the one who wants the divorce.
He is encouraged to give her a parting stipend to support her before she remarries, and the custody of kids is automatically and unconditionally given to their mother.
You can marry and divorce as many times as you want as long as you have a genuine personal to do so. And God will not be angry with you. If anything he'd love you more if your intentions were to guard yourself against disobeying Him for example by engaging in adultery, becoming accessory to commit sin or jeopardize conduct of your religion properly.

Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by EazyMoh(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
I tried to avoid long epistle by shunning quotations, however you can read the Qura'nic Chapter called Divorce here: https://quran.com/65
Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by alBHAGDADI: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
Everything about Islam is always a scam.

What do you expect from a religion that tells its followers to lie/deny they are Muslims when their life is at stake?

What do you expect from a religion whose prophet practiced Al taquiya aka Lies?

Such a religion will definitely support divorce even if it's for flimsy and selfish excuses. What the OP is saying is that once I feel my wife refused to cough or frown her face one morning, I can go ahead and divorce her on that basis. Perhaps, it's just an excuse to kick away the fourth wife so as to marry a new one in order not to exceed the 4 wives limit set by Allah. Omo, see scam o grin

I'm glad you just used this post to expose the lies that Allah is the God of the Bible.

How can he say he hates divorce in the Bible and later promote it in the Quran?

Well, I'm glad this was posted in the general religion section. This will enable us expose the fraud called Islam. I hope your shady Islamic mods won't move it to the Islamic section the moment the beating becomes unbearable.
Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by alBHAGDADI: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
I think @Eazymoh realized that the words of Jesus Christ in that Christian thread on front page judged his prophet Mohammad, that's why he quickly opened this thread to soften issues.

See how Jesus Christ judged Mohammad 700 years before Mohammad was born.

READ CAREFULLY

Sura 33:37
And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah ," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished.

Did you read the above Quran verse, especially the bold part? It involves Mohammad and his adopted son's wife. The story shows mohammad visiting his adopted son. On getting there, he met his absence but saw his wife, who is mohammad's daughter in-law, scantily dressed. He admired her beauty and made remarks about it. Shortly after he left, his adopted son returned and got informed by his wife about the remarks Mohammad made about her beauty. The adopted son, Zayd, decided to please his prophet by divorcing his wife so that mohammad could marry her. To buttress that action, Mohammad immediately came up with the Quranic revelation written above. Two things can be deducted from the whole affair:

1) Zayd divorced his wife but not on grounds of sexual immorality

2) Mohammad married a divorced woman, the divorced wife of his adopted son Zayd

Since muslims claim Mohammad was sent by the same God that sent Yahshua the Messiah, let us see what Yahshua has to say concerning their affair.

Mathew 5:32
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife,
except for sexual immorality , makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

From the words of the messiah himself, Mohammad and his action is adulterous.
Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by EazyMoh(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
I think @Eazymoh realized that the words of Jesus Christ in that Christian thread on front page judged his prophet Mohammad, that's why he quickly opened this thread to soften issues.

See how Jesus Christ judged Mohammad 700 years before Mohammad was born.

READ CAREFULLY

Sura 33:37
And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah ," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished.

Did you read the above Quran verse, especially the bold part? It involves Mohammad and his adopted son's wife. The story shows mohammad visiting his adopted son. On getting there, he met his absence but saw his wife, who is mohammad's daughter in-law, scantily dressed. He admired her beauty and made remarks about it. Shortly after he left, his adopted son returned and got informed by his wife about the remarks Mohammad made about her beauty. The adopted son, Zayd, decided to please his prophet by divorcing his wife so that mohammad could marry her. To buttress that action, Mohammad immediately came up with the Quranic revelation written above. Two things can be deducted from the whole affair:

1) Zayd divorced his wife but not on grounds of sexual immorality

2) Mohammad married a divorced woman, the divorced wife of his adopted son Zayd

Since muslims claim Mohammad was sent by the same God that sent Yahshua the Messiah, let us see what Yahshua has to say concerning their affair.

Mathew 5:32
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife,
except for sexual immorality , makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

From the words of the messiah himself, Mohammad and his action is adulterous.
I don't understand the essence of quoting that verse, especially as regards to human nature and how impossible is for billions of people to live without divorce as an option when things get bad.
Why not deal with the millions of divorce among Christians even major pastors like Pastor Chris, who end up abandoning the Christianity's and Jesus's command and embracing the Islamic commandment which is TO DIVORCE. I don't see the rest of you at least boycotting the Churches whose overseers are involved in divorce despite the fact that they have pushed their ex wives into adultery.
Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by alBHAGDADI: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
EazyMoh:

I don't understand the essence of quoting that verse, especially as regards to human nature and how impossible is for billions of people to live without divorce as an option when things get bad.
Why not deal with the millions of divorce among Christians even major pastors like Pastor Chris, who end up abandoning the Christianity's and Jesus's command and embracing the Islamic commandment which is TO DIVORCE. I don't see the rest of you at least boycotting the Churches whose overseers are involved in divorce despite the fact that they have pushed their ex wives into adultery.
Those men were never called by Jesus or they became Judas along the line just to please flesh.

Check out all those Jesus called in the Bible. They all stood till the end except for Judas. Those pastors left the teachings of Jesus Christ, that's why they went ahead to marry after divorce. The moment you abandon Christ's teachings, you embrace the teachings of Satan.

BTW, my post was not talking about followers of a religion. It was simply about how Jesus judged Mohammad before he was even born. I see that you couldn't fault that.
Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by EazyMoh(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Those men were never called by Jesus or they became Judas along the line just to please flesh.

Check out all those Jesus called in the Bible. They all stood till the end except for Judas. Those pastors left the teachings of Jesus Christ, that's why they went ahead to marry after divorce. The moment you abandon Christ's teachings, you embrace the teachings of Satan.

BTW, my post was not talking about followers of a religion. It was simply about how Jesus judged Mohammad before he was even born. I see that you couldn't fault that.
Lol! I can't help but laugh at your hypocrisy and double standard.
If we tell you the same thing about extremist committing violence on incentives people that they are misguided and not following true Islam you won't accept. But now you want me to believe you instead of the divorce practicing and sanctioning pastors?

About your post it's simply irrelevant. Before Jesus the Jewish faith recognized divorce, then Jesus came and overnight the policy was reversed. Mind you Jesus never married, so he lacked the required ground to teach by example. As it's evident there are many alleged Jesus's lessons that are simply impossible to obey and Christians worldwide have relegated them to the background.
Now you are telling me you are more concerned with Islam's prophet marrying a divorcee 1439 years ago than Pastor Chris and his likes that are disobeying the same Jesus's command?
Guy get your priorities right!
Re: The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam by alBHAGDADI: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lol! I can't help but laugh at your hypocrisy and double standard.
If we tell you the same thing about extremist committing violence on incentives people that they are misguided and not following true Islam you won't accept. But now you want me to believe you instead of the divorce practicing and sanctioning pastors?

Don't you get it? When a person that professes a religion is doing things contrary to what the religion teaches, there's no way you can blame the religion for whatever shame such a person is committing.

But in the case of Islam, terrorists see justification for their acts in the Quran. The prophet of Islam was even a terrorist himself that he said "I have been made victorious by terror". Didn't he behead over 600 Jews in one night? Didn't he have sex in his 50s with a 9 year old girl? Didn't he invade places he was invited in? Didn't he forcefully islamized people?

Now tell me what he did that ISIS is not doing today. Moreover, the Quran prescribes jihad. So, whatever terrorists do today are inspire by Islam and it's prophet.

As for the pastors, how is their lifestyle justified in the Bible? The Bible totally condemns such living. Hope you understand better now, otherwise provide verses that support such pastors.

EazyMoh:

About your post it's simply irrelevant. Before Jesus the Jewish faith recognized divorce, then Jesus came and overnight the policy was reversed. Mind you Jesus never married, so he lacked the required ground to teach by example.
The policy was reversed alongside other policies that were harsh e.g not eating pork, stoning, blasphemy laws etc.

But a fellow like you would rather still hold on to the juicy old laws while you abandon the harsh ones. Your sexual desires makes you cling to the old law.

Your claim of Jesus not marrying which you say prevents him from having the moral ground to speak on such issues is really silly and can only come from an Antichrist.

Jesus was not cripple, yet he cured cripples. He was not sick, yet he cured the sick. He was not hungry, yet he fed the hungry. He was not dead, yet he raised the dead.

Still, you think he has to be married before he can have authority concerning marriage. You just proved that Muslims only claim to follow Jesus with their mouth but their hearts are far from him. They don't know him.

EazyMoh:

As it's evident there are many alleged Jesus's lessons that are simply impossible to obey and Christians worldwide have relegated them to the background.
Pls, mention the teachings and I will do my best to point out some folks who obey them. Mind you, not all who profess Christianity are really Christians.

EazyMoh:

Now you are telling me you are more concerned with Islam's prophet marrying a divorcee 1439 years ago than Pastor Chris and his likes that are disobeying the same Jesus's command?
Guy get your priorities right!
I'm more concerned cos Mohammad claims to be a prophet of God, yet he disobeyed the teachings of Jesus Christ whom Muslims claim they all obey.

That puts Mohammad in the same category as pastor Chris and his Co adulterers.

(1) (Reply)

Why Accuse Catholics Of Idolatory , When Non-catholics Are Doing This? / The Pope Uses Specially Built Bomb Proof And Bullet Proof Cars Called Popemobile / What Is RASTA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.