Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

LFDW2017: The Music Of Fashion - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / LFDW2017: The Music Of Fashion (329 Views)

Group ordering of fashion items from china / Nice And Beautiful Outfits For Sale At Celines Home Of Fashion. / +18 >> See What This One Is Wearing In The Name Of Fashion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LFDW2017: The Music Of Fashion by WinniethePooh1: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
The Heineken Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2017 (LFDW2017) just rounded up yesterday and whoosh! What a week it was.

I was at the LFDW2016 and then this one two days out of the four and I can tell you that humongous amount of work and detailing does go into planning and executing this event.

Annually. So kudos to the project managers, the technicians, the designers, the logistics personnel, the lighting and set designers, the graphics designers, the sponsors and of course, the DJ.

I’m talking about the runway DJ who ensures the music for each collection comes up at the right time and definitely the designers who select what songs their collections are walked to or possibly the assistants who choose them, or whoever really does that in the team.

On Day 3, I started paying attention to the music the models where walking to and the effects it was having on the overall perception of the collection for me and it was interesting to discover.

I cannot speak for the entire audience.

One designer on Day 3 started off with an interesting first look and continued to bring down pieces that were baffling, if that’s a safe word to use. I’m not calling names.

You know the general notion that designers hardly make items that are wearable in every day life? That was the feeling as one after another model came through the back stage in these pieces that were confusing and hard to envision their functionality.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I am one of those fashion enthusiasts who realise that sometimes, designers are just trying to make art or at best design costumes that might interest movie or music directors.

But I tuned off anyways and while I worked on an article for the night ( I was here for work after all), I started paying more attention to the music the models were walking to.

Read more:

https://www.amore.ng/lfdw2017-music-fashion/

(1) (Reply)

5 Possible Mistakes Made At Beauty Parlors / FCBM #flexxyourcreativity 3.0 Contest / Get This Cheap And Helpful Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.