Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,769 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio (6885 Views)

Cameroon Invades Kiriawa-jimni Village Nigeria, Kill 70 / Gunmen Kill 11 In Rivers State / Boko Haram Islamic Sect Attack School In Yobe State Nigeria, Kill 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by snowdrops(m): 10:29am On Mar 17, 2010
JOS, Nigeria, March 17 (Reuters) - At least 11 people have been killed in an attack on a village close to the central Nigerian city of Jos, a region where hundreds have died in sectarian violence this year, state radio said on Wednesday.

Plateau State radio said the attack on the village in the Riyom area, 30 km (19 miles) south of Jos, took place at about 1:30 am (0030 GMT), citing the Riyom local council chairman.

"We have heard that a village was attacked last night," a Red Cross spokesman in Jos told Reuters, adding the agency had dispatched a team of volunteers to the village.

Plateau State, of which Jos is the capital, lies at the crossroads of Nigeria's Muslim north and Christian south, a region known as the "Middle Belt".

Fierce competition for control of fertile farmlands between Christian and animist indigenous groups and Muslim settlers from the north have repeatedly triggered unrest in the region over the past decade.

Four days of clashes between Muslim and Christian mobs killed more than 400 people around Jos in January, according to local community leaders.

Violence flared again 10 days ago with attacks on the mostly-Christian villages of Dogo Nahawa, Zot and Ratsat just south of Jos, in which hundreds more people are feared to have been killed. [ID:nLDE6260AW]

Pope Benedict, the United States and the United Nations have all condemned the violence and urged the authorities to work for a peaceful resolution.

Retaliatory attacks are not uncommon and Acting President Goodluck Jonathan put the security forces on red alert after the attacks south of Jos a week and a half ago to try to prevent unrest from spreading to neighbouring states. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Shuaibu Mohammed and Nick Tattersall; editing by Robin Pomeroy)

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFLDE62G0K520100317
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by vowiski(m): 10:34am On Mar 17, 2010
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. . . . . , . . . . . .
WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE

WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDE
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2010
I am tired , absolutely tired of Nigerian now behaving like westerners with all this political correctness madness.

We are facing a Jihad in Nigeria, a religious war, it is time to leave the north to join Niger and Chad their muslim brothers.

When will you people wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will you listen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One word of wisdom is enough for the wise.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by chosen04(f): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2010
WE SLEEP, THEY KILL

WE COMPLAIN, THEY LAUGH

WE SAY DIVISON, THEY SAY ONE NIGERIA

WE DO PEACFUL PROTEST, THEY ORGANISE MATCHETs, ARROWs & SWORDs PROTEST.

WE CALL FOR PEACE, THEY CALL FOR TOTAL CONQUER via unprovorked KILLINGs.

WE CALL FOR DIALOGUE, THEY CALL FOR POGROM.

*****Father what else shld we ask for again
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by tkb417(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2010
vowiski:

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. . . . . , . . . . . .
WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE

WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDE WE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDE
WE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDEWE MUST DIVIDE

Hellooooo
the killings are in Jos. are you saying we must divide Jos into 2 states or divide Nigeria? if we divide Nigeria, how will that syop the killings in Jos?
cos i dont understand this gnashing of teeth at all
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

Hellooooo
the killings are in Jos. are you saying we must divide Jos into 2 states or divide Nigeria? if we divide Nigeria, how will that syop the killings in Jos?
cos i dont understand this gnashing of teeth at all

I hope that you are not mentally lazy, have you taken the time to educate yourself about these issues at hand ?
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Abagworo(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2010
Even if nigeria should divide,the middlebelt and some part of yorubas(kogi,kwara,oyo) must either be with the north or found their own region.my reason is not hate but because they are also potentially volatile.kashmir is like middle belt where moslems and budhists mixed and remains a headache to the entire world.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by tkb417(m): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2010
frosbel:

I hope that you are not mentally lazy, have you taken the time to educate yourself about these issues at hand ?
i hope ure not stupid?
i just asked if the split will stop the killings in Jos
answer Yes or No and stop brandishing idiocy
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by wirinet(m): 11:36am On Mar 17, 2010
Can somebody please explain to me how division of Nigeria would stop violence?

How many units would you need to split Nigeria into to stop Fulani-Beron violence, Ife-Modakeke violence, Itsekiri-Ijaw violence, Jukun-Taraba, violence, Ogoni-okrika Violence and tens of other sectarian violence all over Nigeria.

What is need is a round table discussion to table all our grievances because every single tribe in Nigeria has them, and a to have some degree of autonomy to be able to develop at their own pace.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 17, 2010
I have never advocated for any sort of split but if these religious loons see human lives as nothing and the Govt of Nigeria take a 'sidon look' approach then Nigeria can go on split into whatever form.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by 9ijaprince(m): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2010
Hope this is not true. Is this country turning to somalia?
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by ud4u: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2010
Na waa for this Country, I tire ooohh
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2010
what is happening now?oh God this should be false.what the Bleep is wrong with these bastardss? OH GOD OH NOT TRUE PLS
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2010
what the shiit with this censorrs. go too helllllllll
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by ohisng(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2010
DIVIDE THE COUNTRY OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@snowdrops, my man how u dey? So na 10 downing street be ur official address now abi u no wan tell us the name of d refugee camp when u dey?
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Chilug(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
It is not a surprise to me with all the dastardly act and gruesome carnage being experienced in jos.
is only a manifestation of our wickedness as a nation with monster and illitrates living together,
Ojukwu though saw it long ago
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by tkb417(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
wirinet:

Can somebody please explain to me how division of Nigeria would stop violence?

How many units would you need to split Nigeria into to stop Fulani-Beron violence, Ife-Modakeke violence, Itsekiri-Ijaw violence, Jukun-Taraba, violence, Ogoni-okrika Violence and tens of other sectarian violence all over Nigeria.

What is need is a round table discussion to table all our grievances because every single tribe in Nigeria has them, and a to have some degree of autonomy to be able to develop at their own pace.
thank u joh
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by chrisrock(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
I think the best solution to this issue is division.when natural disaster they happen for other country(Chile,Haiti,u.s) human disaster they happen for Niaja.let just split since we can't speak with one voice.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by oge4real(f): 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
Oh not again!
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by hrworld: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
But where are the Securities? Army, Police, Navy etc. I dont even think that Jang man have any idea to tackle the problem.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by splashbaby(m): 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2010
9ijaprince:

Hope this is not true. Is this country turning to somalia?
AWOL!
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Feraz(m): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
It seems like these people want nigeria to divide. I blame their governors who were supposed to educate them but refused only to use them as political tools. If things go on like this, then we have to seperate. What baffles me is how someone would wake up one morning and just decide to kill people
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by truly: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
@OMO IBO
I have never advocated for any sort of split but if these religious loons see human lives as nothing and the Govt of Nigeria take a 'sidon look' approach then Nigeria can go on split into whatever form.

What people are saying is that people who are fighting (Ife/Modakeke, Ijaw/Itsekiri, Umuleri/Agwuleri, Birom/Fulani) see human lives as nothing. It is not peculiar to a tribe.

When there is a war, human beings descend to a level of savagery that would have baffled the perpetrators if before their own war, they were told that some people did similar inhuman acts

Look at this link in the Guardian

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article04/indexn2_html?pdate=150310&ptitle=Like%20Jos,%20like%20Rwanda

This part of that article is very relevant
I will return again to a quote from Gil Courtemanche book where he writes that "We can all turn into killers, Valcourt had often maintained, even the most generous of us. All it takes is a certain circumstance, something that clicks, a failing, a patient conditioning, rage, and disappointment. The prehistoric predator and the primitive warrior are still alive beneath the successive varnishings that civilization has applied to mankind."

During the Bosnian wars, the atrocities committed in Europe shocked other Europeans
In Sierra Leone, school boys were amputating legs and arms of people. Some of them killed their OWN parents
Fela said "this uprising will bring out the beast in us"

So we should not wish for war if we ourselves do not want to be pushed into a state where we start treating human lives as nothing!
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by otondo55: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
We are simply not meant to be together.

amry ko ! shooting people in the name of peace keeping.

they are part of the killing.

Split this country NOW !!!!!!
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by smartgal: 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
We must divide, Again Islam is not a religion - its just some group of fanatical lunatics following the BEAST CALLED ALLAH OR MOHAMMED OR WHAT EVER THE PERSON'S FOOLISH NAME IS
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by tkb417(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Truly
that was a brilliant one
nice one
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Seun(m): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
The clashes in Jos are not religious, they are tribal.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by onyengbu1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
truly:

What people are saying is that people who are fighting (Ife/Modakeke, Ijaw/Itsekiri, Umuleri/Agwuleri, Birom/Fulani) see human lives as nothing. It is not peculiar to a tribe.

Comparing those fightings with what is happening in Jos is quite deceiving to someone who has no idea what those crisis are really for.

Go ahead and compare gangster wars in US.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by truly: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Smartgal
We must divide,  Again Islam is not a religion - its just some group of fanatical lunatics following the BEAST CALLED ALLAH OR MOHAMMED OR WHAT EVER THE PERSON'S FOOLISH NAME IS

I am a Muslim. I have no apologies whatsoever about it
I am just surprised that people comment about Islam without knowing so much about it

Like I have said elsewhere, Muslims do not take kindly the abuse of Allah and the Prophet (may Allah's blessing be upon him)
That is the reason why you will NEVER EVER see a muslim who knows what he is doing abuse Jesus Christ (may Allah's peace be upon him)

There are misguided muslims. There are misguided christians
Stress, invasion, conflicts bring out worst in us
I do not judge christians by the actions of Reverend King

However, I am not so sure if you will remain so cool if I hurl at your father the insults you have posted here
Yet Muslims do not even compare Allah to their parents. Their is no basis. Allah is divine

Try and understand history of both muslims and chrsitians - recent and medieval - before you post
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by truly: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Onye-egbu
Comparing those fightings with what is happening in Jos is quite deceiving to someone who has no idea what those crisis are really for.

Go ahead and compare gangster wars in US.

Can you confirm that you witnessed all the fightings in Ife/Modakeke and Ijaw/Itsekiri
One way of knowing what people will do is look at
- what cult members do in schools
- touts fighting at motor parks
- atrocities committed by armed robbers (eg that pregnant lady banker shot dead without need last year at Ketu)
- people fighting over land even in our cities
- and check on youtube - those Nigerians exorcising spirits from children by burning and stabbing
   etc

These will tell you about the potential savagery of man
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
CNN says the victim's tongues were cut out.

That doesnt sound religious to me, more like tribal or cultic.

@ truly

are you sure the fighting is Islamic in nature, because cutting out tongues is a stark indication other factors are at work there.

More like what obtains in the central African conflicts.
Re: Fresh Clashes In Central Nigeria Kill 11 -radio by Demoladoc: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
MOST PEOPLE DONT THINK BEFORE COMING HERE TO TYPE RUBBISH.

How does spliting nija stop the killings in jos?

CAN ANYONE WHO IS SCREAMING SPLIT EXPLAIN THIS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Was Nigeria's "Best" Military Ruler/Dictator/Despot/Tyrant? / Unveiling Erelu Abiola Dosunmu's Only Child For Late Amb. Deinde Fernandez / "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.