Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK (14221 Views)

Quick Steps To Grow Yams In Sacks For Harvest Within 6-8 Months / Benue Sweet Yams. / Nigeria To Export Of 480 Tonnes Of Yams Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Abbeyme: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2017
At last, we are going green

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by bigdot1759(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2017
stabilizer:
Gari of 80 naira per Congo is now 400naira... Rodents overthrown pmb at aso rock lolz.. Nigeria is a great place to live when you need to understand the difference between rich poor government people and animals. These are the basic tagwords of the nation called Nigeria surrounded by inefficient leaders with malfunctioning sense of governing.
for where u dey buy ur own gari for #400, oooo na sambisa gari u dey chop? greatest mumu for Ibadan here self na 150 ooop

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by anny268(f): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Is crude oil not expensive?

Is palm oil cheap?

A small tuber of yam is 400 naira in Abuja, big one is at least 500 to 600 hundred naira whereas a bottle of palm oil is 450.. While a family of five can cook four pots of soup with a bottle of palm oil, can they satisfactorily feed with a tuber of yam? Crude oil? I guess u cook with crude oil at home. I'm not against d exportation of crude oil or whatever, but d exportation of yam is wrong.. Be sincere to yourself at least.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Nukilia: 8:06am On Oct 30, 2017
scaramucci:

How does the policy of exporting yam benefit our people? Governance should always be about our people. I would rather we export services.

Believe the government @ your own risk cheesy
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Pataricatering(f): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2017
gongoaso27:
they don come again, wen we are still hungry I our house we are feeding outsiders. God na you o.
Ur the same people that will still complain about the dollar !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by krasican(m): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2017
anny268:
It's wrong.. Yam is very expensive in most part of the country.. This will only make it more expensive and unaffordable especially to the poor. It would have been better if it were to be a commodity we have in excess in d country. That's my opinion though.

This will encourage more people to go into farming..thereby stabilizing the price...if you are farmer will u sell at a cheaper price wen u know if u export it u make more profit?

2 Likes

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by GavelSlam: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2017
scaramucci:

How does the policy of exporting yam benefit our people? Governance should always be about our people. I would rather we export services.

So the countries that export yams and bananas the rest of the world eat are making wrong decisions?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

Believe the government @ your own risk cheesy

I believe them not. I just had to reply their minion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Pataricatering(f): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
AishaBuhari:
Nigerians are suffering from physical and spiritual hunger and the government's major concern is take the little left for the masses(commoners) and export overseas and pocket the money...

What a country..
Government will pocket farmers money export of produce is not like export of oil ? The government only pockets taxes , the farmers pocket the earnings.

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by wildchild02: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
This minister is working

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

So the countries that export yams and bananas the rest of the world eat are making wrong decisions?

Check well. You would see that those countries are meeting up with their local demand.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Yams imported from Nigeria are now available in the UK.

I personally bought 3 tubers last week from an African store in the UK.

I was initially skeptical about the purchase as I worried that I might get home only to cut the yam and find out that it’s gone bad. However, when I cut and cooked the yam, it was very fresh, white and tasted superb.

This is no APC propaganda.
the point is...It doesn't matter where the yam comes from...Buying yam itself its like playing a lotto. ����Most times i buy from this african Caribbean shops here...And yam is either soft or too many holes inside and no matter how hard u try to savage it you end at a loss..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by kudosamass(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2017
Buy cheap Abuja Farmland and start farming today. Agriculture is about to take over from Oil.

See Cheap Abuja Farmlands for sale here: http://abujafarmland..com

Or check my signature for any size or location in Abuja
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by emi14: 8:18am On Oct 30, 2017
Protocols in everything because of bribes. Ceremony for transportation of Nigerians yam to UK by British airways when Ghanaian yams floods UK market . It takes Ghana less than 14days to export yam from Accra to UK while Nigerian yams takes ages because security agents want to have share of the profits. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by AreaFada2: 8:18am On Oct 30, 2017
Ralphlauren:

I was initially skeptical about the purchase as I worried that I might get home only to cut the yam and find out that it’s gone bad. However, when I cut and cooked the yam, it was very fresh, white and tasted superb.

It has been available for at least 20 years. Just reliability of supply is what retailers/takers complain about. Hence they prefer relying on Ghana produce. Including pawpaw and pineapple.

Even Shoprite in 9ja sell watermelon from South Africa. Reliability of 9ja supply the issue too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by asawanathegreat(m): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2017
APC yams
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by olas24u(f): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:
People would still find something wrong with this.

If in doubt, look below.

So it makes sense to you that a foreign airline flies the products of your country?
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by stabilizer: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2017
Bro I beg go to bodija and get a good one not that one of 150 u mentioned, never heard of #150 in the last one year. Say no to sandy/cheap gari

bigdot1759:
for where u dey buy ur own gari for #400, oooo na sambisa gari u dey chop? greatest mumu for Ibadan here self na 150 ooop
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Iko5000: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2017
Yams from Nigeria have always been available from Nigeria since 1980 but yes in small quantities, but my Guy majority of the yams in U.K. Come from other West African countries . So easy on your propaganda .
Ralphlauren:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by GavelSlam: 8:29am On Oct 30, 2017
olas24u:

So it makes sense to you that a foreign airline flies the products of your country?

Can't you open your own airline?

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by donqx: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2017
good
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by mmsen: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2017
Ralphlauren:

They've been available abroad for years.

These people like running their mouths too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by vioment: 8:44am On Oct 30, 2017
Who cares. There is already shipping and minimal yam and other perishable trades going on. Is just that the average american/uk don't eat yam except africans. Easy math as to where to focus your attention. Focus in Nigeria and Africa especially west africa. Build the infrastructure, build the roads and freight rail for Nigeria and west africa to increase commerce. Thank goodness for the uk deal but it is a small percentage buying it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by talk2percy(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2017
Come, the yams wey here never do us oh...Uk should find a way to feed themselves oh...so that is why #500 yam no fit feed a whole family of four??
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2017
ariesbull:
British Airways has offered to fly Nigerian yams to the United Kingdom in a bid to sustain the export of the produce. Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, disclosed this during a chat with the press in Abuja, weekend.

He said: “British Airlines just called and said they are willing to fly the yams. You know when they are leaving Nigeria they carry no cargo, it is only when Nigerians are coming back that they overload the whole place with hand luggage. So they said the luggage holes can take one or two tons of yams.

“DHL flies cargo planes into Nigeria daily, 747 planes and they go back largely empty. They have to fill the aircraft with sand bags to balance the weight. They said arrange let’s fly this thing, we will give you discounts. “The Russian Ambassador came to my office to ask if we can sell them fruits— pawpaw, avocado pears, bananas, mangos. He came in with his jet.”

Chief Audu Ogbeh insisted that there was no alternative to exportation of agricultural produce as the realities of oil and gas export had made the future very bleak. “Many countries, we have been told will in 10years or 15years be using electrical cars; it is time for us to get ready because in five years, they will probably get there. “Tesla is a group in the US, their electrical cars are now able to drive 500kms on a single charge and it takes eight minutes to recharge, almost faster than your cell phone and you can clock another 500kms.

“What do we do when that time comes and oil is gone and there is nothing to export? Some people are there and anything you try to do they attack you, they harass you and how do you earn forex?

“Nigeria is owing N18trillion in debt right now and 20% or so of that is foreign, the rest is local debt. How do you pay the foreign ones if you have no earnings in dollars? How do you import medicines and vaccines if you don’t have dollars? ‘’The argument that yams would be short is not true; 30% of the yams we grow rot away and we are the largest producers of yam in the world. The figure is not mine, it is that of the Food and Agricultural Organisation, FAO.

“I think generations past have made many serious mistakes, we mismanaged oil and gas. If not, by now, Nigeria should be talking of $200 billion foreign reserves. Between food and petroleum products we blew 60billion a year on imports, it made no sense. “Why couldn’t we refine our petrol here, why import rice, sugar, milk, tomato paste, fruit juice concentrate, fish, apples, grapes and what have you? “So the big question is where are we heading because if we cannot sort this thing out quickly enough, I can assure you like when I talked about Boko Haram many years that trouble lies ahead.

On the other hand, if we can turn it around, this country could be a paradise but we don’t have that much time. “Too many young people are angry, they are all over the streets, kidnapping, and stealing, killing and what have you. What kind of country are we in that people kill each other so happily. You just enter a village 40 people have been killed, 11 people have been killed, you kidnapped somebody and shot him; are we sane?”

Emma Ujah

https://etimes.com.ng/nigerian-yams/

Only an idiot can believe that the British n other Europeans will buy this 10th generation yams. Idiots

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by maasoap(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2017
emmabest2000:

Yes you’re damn right , why not buhari airways ?
You forgot that PDP sold off Nigerian Airways at give away prices to cronies?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2017
emi14:
Protocols in everything because of bribes. Ceremony for transportation of Nigerians yam to UK by British airways when Ghanaian yams floods UK market . It takes Ghana less than 14days to export yam from Accra to UK while Nigerian yams takes ages because security agents want to have share of the profits. Nonsense
And most of the so called Ghana yams are actually Nigeria yams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Ojuororun(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2017
pawesome:
Dts y tuber f yam is xpensive

Most farmers wil prefer xportin yams cz de wil hv beta gain dn sellin it hia yam is nt sufficient enof n even if it is,we wil inflate d price ourselves wen we knw is been xported
dat just it bro.........dat is d major problem dat we hav in dis contry ......Corruption ti hit nation ......... gringringrin am goin back to my contry oh ....grin chinagrincheesy
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by otokx(m): 9:27am On Oct 30, 2017
These people have come again.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by toprealman: 9:29am On Oct 30, 2017
my Naija is now a confirmed comedy central republic.... smh.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by goldfish27(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2017
distributed to hungry Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture / The Birth Of A Local Garri Processing Factory / What Salary Is Ok For A Farm Manager?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.