Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU (17793 Views)

Students Strip Kogi University Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Harassment / Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by oshe11: 7:24am On Oct 30, 2017
edunwablog:

The Kogi State University, Ayingba has deployed members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and non-teaching staff to teach first degree courses and supervise students’ projects in the institution.

The acting Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of the Universities (ASUU) of the university, Dr. Aina Daniel, disclosed this at the weekend while addressing journalists in Lokoja.

The action of the university followed the sack of 125 academic staff after the proscription of ASUU activities by the state Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, last July.

Aina noted that it had became imperative to draw the attention of the public to the unethical practices being carried out in the institution where “Unqualified persons such as technologists, NYSC members and other non-teaching staff are being co-opted to teach courses and supervise students’ projects.

“It is pathetic and unfortunate that taking a cursory look at the list of the purportedly sacked lecturers and the courses they teach, the reallocation of such courses and identifying those who are assigned to teach those courses, it is crystal clear that the “one ready to kill has met the one ready to die” while not knowing that there is no one to bury. Stench results.”

According to him, “KSU, Anyigba has degenerated almost beyond the pre- 2005 era. Unethical practices are done with imminent colossal damage in an effort to create the impression that all is well within the system.”

He pointed out that “in several departments, postgraduate programmes have folded up completely and where they exist, they are being handled by unqualified persons; where a number of PhD and Masters Degree Students did their external defenses without the knowledge of their major supervisors. “Also, completed undergraduate projects hitherto supervised by the purportedly sacked lecturers were re-assigned and graded by lecturers who never took part in the supervision; in some instances, the names of the original supervisors were fraudulently removed and replaced with those who were not part of the supervision process. These are clear cases of plagiarism. There is a need to beware!!,” he said.

He alleged that allegations abound that fraudulent activities like sales of lecture materials are rife as a result of the current situation in the university. “In some cases, some ‘lecturers’ reportedly instruct students to browse and download lecture materials without teaching in readiness for their end of semester examinations. There are so many courses still left untaught and this cuts across almost all the departments with far reaching implications on the quality of the University degrees.

“Pitiable is how to describe the current state of our colleagues who decided to fall into irrelevance in our struggle to build the KSU, Anyigba of our dream at this point in time. Of course, this is apart from the demons, monsters and sycophants who are manipulating them for their selfish goals,” he said.

Aina stated that despite its efforts aimed at amicable resolution of the crisis, the Kogi State government has instead resorted to intimidations.

“For the past three months, we were being pushed, pressed, oppressed and persecuted. We were prevailed to absorb all in our stride, hoping that the voice of reason, sanity and legalism will prevail across the strata of our tormentors.”

According to the union, “It is common knowledge that proscription of a trade union is beyond the jurisdiction of a governor, adding that it had given time for this error to be corrected.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/10/corps-members-deployed-to-teach.html
IF I START TO TALK........
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 30, 2017
That's a lie and I will advise everyone else to ignore this information. NYSC members don't lecture, only thing they do is invigilate exams, tests or whatever. Assist the lecturer in class in the case of assignments that is they don't set the assignment, they deliver the assignments. In the laboratories, NYSC members only assist. I don't see any reason for this nonsense. KSU might be in some mess right now but it doesn't give anyone any right to tanish it's image. Very soon they'll say NYSC members are now occupying Registrar and Dean offices or maybe KSU VC is now a copper

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by tete7000(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2017
Where is NUC? I think theirs is the job to regulate university education in Nigeria.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by juwoonn(m): 7:26am On Oct 30, 2017
Bello's exit may just be like Abacha's own.

They should just close down the school

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by otokx(m): 7:28am On Oct 30, 2017
Unbelievable
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by zanogo(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2017
chemicalDisease:
And you want me to believe this?
you have to believe it, i dont know what is wrong with the black race,we seems not to get anything right, i keep telling everybody the reason why other races racially abuse blacks is because we are not bringing anything to the table, it is deeper than the skin colour,the moment we show our importance to the world social strata then you will see how people around the world change their attitudes towards blacks, the europeans were once at this stage (dark ages) but they fought their way out, we have to take responsibility for our predicament and fight our ways out......"History only matters when the present is a failure"
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by ksbusari(m): 7:32am On Oct 30, 2017
State of emergency needs to be declared in Kogi state.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by DavidEsq(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2017
Is it not kogi state? Is da one a university?
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by chloedogie(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2017
zanogo:

you have to believe it, i dont know what is wrong with the black race,we seems not to get anything right, i keep telling everybody the reason why other races racially abuse blacks is because we are not bringing anything to the table, it is deeper than the skin colour,the moment we show our importance to the world social strata then you will see how people around the world change their attitudes towards blacks, the europeans were once at this stage (dark ages) but they fought their way out, we have to take responsibility for our predicament and fight our ways out......"History only matters when the present is a failure"

I will ask you a simple question and if you don't have an answer for it just quietly walk out. Are you presently studying in Kogi state university? Or working there?
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by hAlexandro(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2017
undecided What's ksu please this is no excuse jare during my undergraduate days in Oau a corper member with first class was told to handle a course and he taught it perfectly and understandable compared to how the prof would have handled it and we passed excellently
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by zanogo(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2017
chloedogie:

I will ask you a simple question and if you don't have an answer for it just quietly walk out. Are you presently studying in Kogi state university? Or working there?
do i owe you any explanation? my comment is directed to the black race as a whole, which i just used happenings in kogi to make comparison.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by Nukilia: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2017
AishaBuhari:
Wake up Nigerians and fight for what's yours... The media is fast killing the moralities of who we are...

Summon everyone,
Head to the streets with placards,... A peace protest be carried out...

Enough of with all these complaints already... This is the time to act... Complaints over the media isn't working in this country...

Issorite...

grin cheesy
Guy, people are hungry and you want them to hit the street again.... grin
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by ehissi(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2017
psucc:
Gov Bello us a perfect example of the devil's incarnate.

You mean of Buhari ba?
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by salesforce: 8:33am On Oct 30, 2017
Ok
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by FBIL: 8:42am On Oct 30, 2017
Kogi, one of those states that would quickly condemn Biafra agitation or restructuring because laziness is ingrained in their brains. I don't blame them, I blame my brothers who have oil but can't take control of it. People from nowhere jumping to govern a state because ''my papa na our traditional ruler, meanwhile I have never run any business successfully''. grin grin
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by chloedogie(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2017
zanogo:

do i owe you any explanation? my comment is directed to the black race as a whole, which i just used happenings in kogi to make comparison.

There is no black race. We are Africans boy.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by mukhcech(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2017
chloedogie:

You dey mind the MUMU people. undecided
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by zanogo(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2017
chloedogie:

There is no black race. We are Africans boy.
lol, you need a refund from your history teacher, the blacks in brazil,colombia,ecuador etc are what? exchanging words with people like you is like beating a dead horse, very futile effort and this will be the last time i will dignify you with a response.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by AnaCheks(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Felixalex:
Kogi state..... If Kogi State were to be a company, by now there would have been a take over by another company or a total fold-up.... I don't think I have heard of one positive thing that governor has done in the state.. Rochas is better than that guy

It is called CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by toye440: 9:57am On Oct 30, 2017
princeSammyz:
The perfect example of everything bad governance. In fact, some students have been asked to re-sit courses they had taken the previous year just because the results are held by the sacked lecturers. His emergence was in controversy, and so has been his rule. More worrisome than his tyranny are the pathetic youths that litter everywhere singing his praise with claims of new direction; not bothering whether its upwards or downwards. He is terror the law has imposed on us, and I hope 2019 will bring it all to an end, Inshallah. Devilish Governor!
only Ebira youth go support am. Tell me Y shit no go support fly.

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by esaias1(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2017
chemicalDisease:
And you want me to believe this?
will you believe a single lecturer taking 7 courses in different levels? Cos ksu are short of lecturers.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by esaias1(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2017
AishaBuhari:
Wake up Nigerians and fight for what's yours... The media is fast killing the moralities of who we are...

Summon everyone,
Head to the streets with placards,... A peace protest be carried out...

Enough of with all these complaints already... This is the time to act... Complaints over the media isn't working in this country...

Issorite...
with Gov Bello, trust me protest is not an option, he will immediately deploy soldiers to disrupt the protest, arresting and punishing those who are caught.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by Joshuamassodi(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2017
they can't teach senior section in secondary school, is uni that they teach buhari have education E8
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by thundafire: 11:29am On Oct 30, 2017
nony43:
All these youth Governors, the can do anyhow, look at Ben Ayade of Cross River state, since he became the Governor pot holes don full everywhere plus the city is looking dirty
] swear dat Ayade na POP mistake just as Yahaya na APC as carnival dn dey approach he wouldn't mind filling it up useless short man, I just imagine if Duke wasn't governor b4 Dis touts Imoke and Ayade I just pity how my dear state 4 be
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by bullbull: 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
Did the teachers in this Universities not graduate illiterate like ambode .

Or illiterate who talk about south south and south west on television.. who graduated them..
Or who talk about nigerian army.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by luckingto50: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria especially Kogi State done Pafuka. Nonsense nd brainless governor. He should go back to his taxi biz because he doesn't have anything to offer his people.
Re: Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU by vizvil: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
VERY TRUE. for example gst, some departments have unqualified people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Overseas Scholarship Scheme To Study In UK 2016 / Strike Continues, FG Yet To Take Concrete Action – ASUU / Police Arrest Fake NYSC Corp Member With Forged Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.