Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... (2125 Views)

Army Bans Sale Of Petroleum Products In Jerry Cans / Army Bans Motorcycles In Some States To Curb Kidnapping (Full List) / Goat Painted In Army Camouflage Found In Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by desmond2pk: 6:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Nigerian Army bans Nigerians from wearing
camouflage clothes...
The Nigerian Army has banned Nigerians from wearing the Nigerian
Military camouflage.
According to a statement from the Nigerian
Army which was circulated this week, the Force
is not pleased with the Nigerians who
wear the military gear in music videos, photo-
shoots and concerts.
Calling out names like, Nigerian rapper, Jesse
Jagz, Pop singers Iyanya, Wizkid, Davido, Tekno
Miles and Chidinma in the statement, the Force
explained that the ‘military camouflage is not
meant for the entertainment industry, It is
strictly meant for military personnel’.
”This is to inform the general public and most
especially Nigerian celebrities to abstain from
the use and abuse of the Nigerian Military
camouflage. Several investigations were carried
out and we noticed the camouflage is mostly
being used by Nigerian celebrities in music
videos, photo-shoots and concerts‘, the
statement had read.
‘In this same videos and photo sessions,
Nigerian celebrities like ‘Jesse Jags’ smokes
marijuana while putting on the Nigerian
Military camouflage‘.
‘Henceforth, any civilian found GUILTY of
putting on the camouflage irrespective of their
social status will be dealt with severely‘, the
Nigerian Army warned.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by izombie(m): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2017
Hmmm. Cloth don finish for market? Nigerian army na to just dey issue order up and down to nigerians dem sabi. But when dem see cameroun army dem go turn to pap. Ndi owo.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2017
This is really a Zoo Army.

How do these Army guys behave when they travel to developed societies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Samsimple(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2017
Who wan even wear than junk abeg, when confirm jeans and t-shirt never finish for bend down select
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by QueenSekxy(f): 6:56am On Oct 30, 2017
that has been there greatest achievement since independence! !weaklings

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by QueenSekxy(f): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:

what do you expect in a country where people that sucked on cow breasts are at the hem of leadership....calling this place a zoo is an insult to the actual zoo undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by xdos(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Why is it that it is only in Nigeria that the military fights people for wearing camos...
In developed nations, it iz not so...I stand corrected
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by adem30: 7:10am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:

Tell us the develop country you have been to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 30, 2017
adem30:

Tell us the develop country you have been to.
If i start replying every nobody that quotes me daily i might end up with my brain in my lap grin
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by HAH: 7:18am On Oct 30, 2017
In other climes when you wear the military regalia it means you ate associating with them and they are happy but here they flog you.

Though on the other hand criminals use the cloth to perpetrate crime.

But is camo military uniform ? Camo is anything that is used to disguise you in say bush or desert or there may even be city camo, in other countries camo can be worn by anyone but the difference is the badge which is the symbol of authority that only service personnel can carry
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by fergie001: 7:24am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
If i start replying every nobody that quotes me daily i might end up with my brain in my lap grin
You are wicked,

You will be subjected to thororugh scrutiny at the gates in heaven,

Make i write am down,QueenofNepal,If I find your trouble for NL,kill me grin

Camo,I no get
Camo,I no wear,
So ko kan aiye mi

Fayose,u don hear am abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by DanseMacabre(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2017
What are they talking about This ban has been in existence since 1960.

They just modified the list to include 'celebrities', because countless 'ordinary' Nigerians have been brutalised for wearing camouflage.

Anyway, the so called ban won't extend to terrorists and militants, so what are we saying sef? grin

Shakespeare would have rightly called this 'Much Ado About Nothing'.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 30, 2017
xdos:
Why is it that it is only in Nigeria that the military fights people for wearing camos...
In developed nations, it iz not so...I stand corrected
is nigeria a developed country??

you can equally jump to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by agbangam: 7:32am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:

shuuut up joor, simple instruction is difficult for u bia bia pple to adhere to. The country has some security issues, some Criminal minded people put it on to commit evil so it is for our own interest dat d military choose to control d use of camouflage. Nigeria is not as peaceful as USA cos u might want to use them as a reference.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2017
seems civilians wearing Como is one of the reasons why they keep losing the war against BH... This people are really stupid, always ready to show muscle around the civilians
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by oladeebo: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

what do you expect in a country where people that sucked on cow breasts are at the hem of leadership....calling this place a zoo is an insult to the actual zoo undecided
but what about who born birth feed with feeding bottle till they grown up?
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by QuotaSystem: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2017
Since they can't ban militants and terrorists from wearing them, why are they harassing innocent civilians that choose the fabric to express their style sense?

This is one of the oldest nonsensical policies of the Nigerian Army ever.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2017
oladeebo:

Type in English please
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by QueenSekxy(f): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2017
oladeebo:

learn to write well,,till then ,never quote me again.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by oladeebo: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

learn to write well,,till then ,never quote me again.
but why can't you vacated to Brits forum where written well is a necessity?
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by oladeebo: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Type in English please
the hard one!
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by QueenSekxy(f): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2017
oladeebo:

but why can't you vacated to Brits forum where written well is a necessity?
hahahahahaha..
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by oladeebo: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

hahahahahaha..
heen lady!
don't laugh at me
ok
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by xdos(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2017
Your response got me laughing. How about other developing countries?
dayo2me:
is nigeria a developed country??

you can equally jump to be corrected
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by lawalosky(m): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2017
no be new thing
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 30, 2017
xdos:
Your response got me laughing. How about other developing countries?
lolz. what happen to them?

have you heard cases where some people were caught using the nigeria army camo to defraud innocent people?
don't compare nigeria a country that has law but the people therein are lawless to other developing countries.
nigerians and black are criminally inclined, take it or leave it.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by dododawa1: 8:19am On Oct 30, 2017
D list not completed, FAYOSE and DINO MALAYE.
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by Nbote(m): 8:48am On Oct 30, 2017
Was there a tym dey unbanned it?
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by PFRB: 9:26am On Oct 30, 2017
How many govts do we have in this country.? ? ? ?
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by cassidy1996(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:
that has been there greatest achievement since independence! !weaklings
you dey mind them, dem nor get work
Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by plaetton: 10:36am On Oct 30, 2017
agbangam:

shuuut up joor, simple instruction is difficult for u bia bia pple to adhere to. The country has some security issues, some Criminal minded people put it on to commit evil so it is for our own interest dat d military choose to control d use of camouflage. Nigeria is not as peaceful as USA cos u might want to use them as a reference.
You shut up.

The Nigerian Army has no Constitutional role to make laws.

Only the legislative arm of the government can make binding laws.
Only the legislature can criminalize the wearing of army camouflage attires by citizens.

It is only in a militarized Zoo that the army imposed laws on citizens whenever they feel like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Bans Nigerians From Wearing Camouflage Clothes... by xdos(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
First, I am a Nigerian and a black too and I am not criminally inclined.
There is no country on surface earth that do not have citizens with criminal tendency. Nigeria is a lot better than some developing countries.
We have been so unfortunate to have terrible people in govt. The same people who seized power and have been recycling themselves right even before I was born.
[quote author=dayo2me post=61899522]lolz. what happen to them?

have you heard cases where some people were caught using the nigeria army camo to defraud innocent people?
don't compare nigeria a country that has law but the people therein are lawless to other developing countries.
nigerians and black are criminally inclined, take it or leave it. [/quote

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Reasons Why Buhari Wants Railway From Daura To Maradi In Niger Republic / Intelicor Says Bill Gates, Dangote Behind Fulani Herdsmen Crisis In Nigeria / It Is An Honour To Be Despised By Fools.” (nichiren Daishoni)-Kadaria Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.