Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo (14954 Views)

Arewa Forum: Producing President In 2023 Not Exclusive Right Of South / 2023 Not For Igbo – Primate Ayodele / 2023 Igbo Presidency Is Not Negotiable, Ohanaeze Youths Threaten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by sarrki(m): 6:54am On Oct 30, 2017
PRESIDENT of Ohanaeze Ndigbo of the 19 Northern states, Augustine Amaechi has said an Igbo presidency in 2023 will end various agitations in the South East.

Amaechi also alleged high level injustice, marginalisation and lack of fair play against the South East.

Speaking in Minna, Niger State, yesterday, after a one-day meeting of the group, Amaechi said the region hassuffered marginalisation and neglect for too long.

“Nigerians should support Igbo presidency in 2023, as the only way to douse growing tension in the South East.”

He insisted that agitations by the banned Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) were borne out of injustice and continued marginalisation of the region.

“Virtually every Nigerian agrees that there is injustice in the country, especially against the South East, but what every Nigerian has not agreed is what to do to address the injustice.

“Some have called for restructuring, some for devolution of power, all these still boil down to restructuring and the reason for this is that one region has not been recognised as belonging to Nigeria,”

He pointed out that what they are seeking is equitable distribution of power and resources in Nigeria.

“We want every Nigerian to be happy, I want to say that injustice to a Nigerian is injustice to all irrespective of tribe or creed. It does not matter where the person comes from, once a Nigerian suffers injustice, it should be a concern to all,” he added.

Amaechi explained that the leadership of Ndigbo from the 19 Northern states was in Minna, not only to address issues that concern Igbo, but to also get feedback from all the northern states on the recent quit notice issued to Igbo, although the tension has died down.

In addition to this, “the meeting will enhance a better relationship among the Igbo and their host communities.

“This meeting will help us advise one another on a better understanding of the host community culture and give due respect to the community that has accommodated us. Igbo in the North are wealthy. As a result of the conducive environment we enjoy, we have prospered and we are bound to appreciate some of their cultures.”

“We are here to deliberate on issues as it concerns Ndigbo particularly and to point out areas where we feel the state has not treated us well.

“I want to tell you here that our national head quarters has spoken in favour of restructuring and we are bound to follow the fact that this country should be restructured,” he said.

Amaechi said politics would not be ruled out of the meeting in Minna “because when leaders are taking political and economic decisions, ‎it is necessary to weigh the effects of such decisions.

He said Igbo would do everything to secure the unity of the country as they aspire to produce an Igbo president in 2023‎.

“We want to produce the president of Federal Republic of Nigeria and not Biafra and this reminds everybody that we are not talking of Biafra this time,” he said.

Amaechi said with such ambition, the Igbo has to build bridges of friendship between Igbo and their various communities.

“At the end of this meeting, I can assure you of ‎the Igbo presidency in 2023,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/igbo-leaders-task-buhari-on-decayed-infrastructure-in-south-east/

7 Likes

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by sarrki(m): 6:56am On Oct 30, 2017
shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided lipsrsealed

Baba madridguy Deomeleo, Gavelsam una come see chom chin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by SmellingAnus(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2017
I agree with the Igbos on this...

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Atiku2019: 6:57am On Oct 30, 2017
cool cool
Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by babablogger: 6:57am On Oct 30, 2017
IPOB keeps shooting the Igbos in the foot

You can't threaten other regions and expect them to vote you in to lead them

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2017
EATING YOUR CAKE & LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVE IT.

IPOBIAN HOPE

BIAFRAN DREAM

MASSOBIC IDEOLOGY

18 Likes

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by GavelSlam: 6:59am On Oct 30, 2017
grin

You guys should at least try to stick to one agenda.

Nigerians would have loved to rotate the presidency across the geopolitical regions BUT you guys have a lot of convincing to do.

We must see that the Nigerian project is of ultimate interest to you.

I would like y'all to have the Anthem as your ring tone to start with. grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by HoluwarTohbar(f): 7:00am On Oct 30, 2017
sarrki:

Of over a million zombies on NL in 2015, these are the only ones not redeemed yet. God will do it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Ovamboland(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2017
You better start thinking of 2027 as your brothers have resolved to vote for another PDP Abo.ki in 2019 and he will do fresh 8years

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Spylord48: 7:02am On Oct 30, 2017
It is quite achievable. They should start now with consultations,mending bridges and joining alliances together in order to get a presentable candidate. The problem with we igbos is that we hardly present a consensus candidates during presidential elections. you will see up to 5 igbo people running for one post but if there is a consensus candidates acceptable to all, I think it will be easier to push the igbo presidency agenda.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by GoldNiagara(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2017
sarrki:
PRESIDENT of Ohanaeze Ndigbo of the 19 Northern states, Augustine Amaechi has said an Igbo presidency in 2023 will end various agitations in the South East.

Amaechi also alleged high level injustice, marginalisation and lack of fair play against the South East.

Speaking in Minna, Niger State, yesterday, after a one-day meeting of the group, Amaechi said the region hassuffered marginalisation and neglect for too long.

“Nigerians should support Igbo presidency in 2023, as the only way to douse growing tension in the South East.”

He insisted that agitations by the banned Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) were borne out of injustice and continued marginalisation of the region.

“Virtually every Nigerian agrees that there is injustice in the country, especially against the South East, but what every Nigerian has not agreed is what to do to address the injustice.

“Some have called for restructuring, some for devolution of power, all these still boil down to restructuring and the reason for this is that one region has not been recognised as belonging to Nigeria,”

He pointed out that what they are seeking is equitable distribution of power and resources in Nigeria.

“We want every Nigerian to be happy, I want to say that injustice to a Nigerian is injustice to all irrespective of tribe or creed. It does not matter where the person comes from, once a Nigerian suffers injustice, it should be a concern to all,” he added.

Amaechi explained that the leadership of Ndigbo from the 19 Northern states was in Minna, not only to address issues that concern Igbo, but to also get feedback from all the northern states on the recent quit notice issued to Igbo, although the tension has died down.

In addition to this, “the meeting will enhance a better relationship among the Igbo and their host communities.

“This meeting will help us advise one another on a better understanding of the host community culture and give due respect to the community that has accommodated us. Igbo in the North are wealthy. As a result of the conducive environment we enjoy, we have prospered and we are bound to appreciate some of their cultures.”

“We are here to deliberate on issues as it concerns Ndigbo particularly and to point out areas where we feel the state has not treated us well.

“I want to tell you here that our national head quarters has spoken in favour of restructuring and we are bound to follow the fact that this country should be restructured,” he said.

Amaechi said politics would not be ruled out of the meeting in Minna “because when leaders are taking political and economic decisions, ‎it is necessary to weigh the effects of such decisions.

He said Igbo would do everything to secure the unity of the country as they aspire to produce an Igbo president in 2023‎.

“We want to produce the president of Federal Republic of Nigeria and not Biafra and this reminds everybody that we are not talking of Biafra this time,” he said.

Amaechi said with such ambition, the Igbo has to build bridges of friendship between Igbo and their various communities.

“At the end of this meeting, I can assure you of ‎the Igbo presidency in 2023,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/igbo-leaders-task-buhari-on-decayed-infrastructure-in-south-east/

Now the Pigs and Idiots want the zoo''s supports to become President! This people and sense are two parallel lines.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by QueenSekxy(f): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2017
babablogger:
IPOB keeps shooting the Igbos in the foot

You can't threaten other regions and expect them to vote you in to lead them

shut up..even when ipob was not in existence,,have your one zoogeria ever dreamt of voting an Igbo presidency cos of your low self worth and fear of an Igbo presidency..just shut the fvxk up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by clevvermind(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2017
HOW CAN AN IGBO PERSON BE PRESIDENT WHEN THE HATE THING IS STILL THERE. ANYWAY, IT IS POSSIBLE SHA.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by GavelSlam: 7:04am On Oct 30, 2017
sarrki:

My brother the thing tire everybody.

Most Nigerians never knew how much hate some Igbos harboured in them until IPOB became their latest fad.

I can't lie, personally the Igbo man that would sway my opinion today, I'm not sure I have met him.

Reason being, at the height of Ipob' s demonstration of hate, hardly did you find any who came out to oppose their actions.

Shame catch me for some people.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by QueenSekxy(f): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2017
to the so called ohanaze,,you guys will vote yourself in i see,,after betraying your subjects and all whatnot. ......

we are not interested in Igbo presidency..

this place isn't for us..
referendum is the answer..

please no unity beggar should ever quote me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by QuotaSystem: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2017
clevvermind:
HOW CAN AN IGBO PERSON BE PRESIDENT WHEN THE HATE THING IS STILL THERE. ANYWAY, IT IS POSSIBLE SHA.

These people think they can get the Presidency by threats and blackmail, instead of earning it through bridge building and diplomacy.

The hatred that has oozed out of that region since Jonathan was kicked out, has set them back politically for at least 25 years.

Let them bring their plate so "zoogerians" can donate their votes for Ibo presidency in 2023.

Nansense and Konkobility grin.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Oloripelebe: 7:06am On Oct 30, 2017
cheesy grin grin grin grin
Una. Eyes go clear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by fergie001: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2017
I will not say anything on this matter.

The most important thing is getting it right,
Getting federalism,
Weakening the centre,

Then competence,
Well,its subjective......
Anybody from any part of Nigeria,has the inalienable rights of been President......
Life 1st

1 Like

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Bolustical: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2017
Same people who have always criticised others who said Nigeria's unity is non-negotiable are the same people telling us Igbo Presidency is non-negotiable.

Presidency is a thing of negotiation and alliance between conflicting interests and the Igbos have not been doing well in building bridges of friendship.

The silence of Ohaneze Ndigbo during the madness of Kanu is something that is coming back to haunt them in 2023.

BTW, who do the Igbos want to present that has a national clout to win the south alone not to talk of the north?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Bari22: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2017
Hahaha
From Biafra or death
to Nigeria will burn if kanu is arrested to Federal government must produce Kanu. Now that the reality fall on them they are singing for Igbo president. President s not appointment so work for it.

As for me and my northern brothers, we can't vote for people that publicly declare their hate toward us.

I can't vote for Igbo

Simple

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by babablogger: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

shut up..even when ipob was not in existence,,have your one zoogeria ever dreamt of voting an Igbo presidency cos of your low self worth and fear of an Igbo presidency..just shut the fvxk up
but when we voted jonathan in he was from the north bah

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by QueenSekxy(f): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2017
babablogger:
but when we voted jonathan in he was from the north bah

you afonja and illiteracy, ,so Jonathan is now from the East??what did you take this morning?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Oblang(m): 7:12am On Oct 30, 2017
Ovamboland:
You better start thinking of 2027 as your brothers have resolved to vote for another PDP Abo.ki in 2019 and he will do fresh 8years

Leave them make dem no wise up. Me don't have a problem voting Igbo. They should just bring a good candidate and stop crying like a baby....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by kalvoken(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Of over a million zombies on NL in 2015, these are the only ones not redeemed yet. God will do it.
Hmm, am finding it heard to hold such faith.
The dude is just perpetual zombie. His own zombiesm is natural

1 Like

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by clevvermind(m): 7:15am On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

These people think they can get the Presidency by threats and blackmail, instead of earning it through bridge building and diplomacy.

The hatred that has oozed out of that region since Jonathan was kicked out, has set them back politically for at least 25 years.

Let them bring their plate so Nigerians can donate their votes for Ibo presidency in 2023.

Nansense and Konkobility grin.
YOU ARE RIGHT ON POINT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by QuotaSystem: 7:15am On Oct 30, 2017
sarrki:

shocked shocked shocked

Bridges of kini? How? By shouting almajiri and afonja all day like barren witches

Total brain reset complete. Factory default settings restored.

One really needs to learn this highly effective python dance cool.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by QueenSekxy(f): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2017
babablogger:
lol I can see your intelligence quota is way below average I never said he was from the east but you keep showing how stup*d you are

And I thought you guys said Bayelsa was part of biafra na so indirectly Biafrans have hhad their presidency

Don't Quote me again
no i don't need to reply to the stupid comment up there,, it's too dumb to reply..

now swerve undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by juman(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2017
They want to go and steal money like their brother azikiwe jonathan stole big amount of money.

They are not interested building their projects o. Only interested in money stealing.

Yiiigbooo. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by juman(m): 7:21am On Oct 30, 2017
Ovamboland:

Abi.

What yiigbo people know about politics sef?

Do they think its like business where they open a shop and still have armed robbery gangs on the streets?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Paperwhite(m): 7:21am On Oct 30, 2017
See zombies masturbating.Meanwhile they're no where to be found in all the threads wherein all the corrupt dealings of this useless government is being taken to the Nigerian cleaners.

1 Like

Re: Presidency In 2023 Not Negotiable – Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:23am On Oct 30, 2017
That will be Ok. FG should look for Igbos in Rivers, Benue, Delta, or Akwaibom.
All Igbos are one.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE: INEC Does NOT Have Full Official Results Of 2007 Presidential Electi / Governors, Ministers Battle For Buhari Cabinet Slots / Sanwo-Olu Swears In 57 Council Chairmen, Says It Is Time For Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.