Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima (525 Views)

"Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by nwakibie3(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2017
The Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, has described the clamour for restructuring Nigeria’s federation as an effort made towards “treating the symptoms, not the disease.”

According to him, restructuring the minds of the people and the quality of governance was more important than the issue of devolution of power.

He stated this during a chat with the media at the weekend.

Shettima said: “My own take on this restructuring debate is that we are treating the symptoms, not the disease.

“Restructuring my foot; let’s restructure our minds, let’s restructure our quality of governance. When people are talking of artificial intelligence, when others are talking of robotics engineering, of nanotechnology, we are talking of restructuring the federation; our problem is not an issue of devolution of powers, let’s be very honest.

“Our problem, as Chinua Achebe rightly encapsulated, is largely that of leadership. Leadership that will put the nation first is much more important than restructuring the nation. Let’s restructure our minds. Let’s restructure our quality of leadership,” Shettima added

On the public perception of federal government’s anti-graft war, the governor said President Muhammadu Buhari was the leader Nigeria needs to overcome its challenges, with respect to the anti-corruption campaign.

“No matter what you will accuse Buhari of, nobody can accuse Buhari of corruption. He’s a stabilising factor in this country, he’s a man of impeccable credentials,” he said.

Amid speculations over the President’s decision to contest the presidential election in 2019, Shettima believes President Buhari is the only one who has a say on such decision.

He, however, said that nobody can force the President to contest in 2019, neither can anyone preventing for running for a second term in office.

“That decision should be made by the President; nobody should ask him not to contest, in the same vein nobody should push him to contest. He has his own health to take care of, he’s not a young man by any standard.

“The nation truly needs the wisdom, the integrity, the commitment of the likes of Buhari but believe me, whatever decision he takes, we are solidly behind him,” he said.

Cc myndd44
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/30/restructuring-foot-devolution-power-not-nigerias-problem-governor-shettima/

1 Like

Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by Paperwhite(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2017
See them! Illiterate parasites! One of the trouble with Nigeria.Restructuring was a cardinal part of the government manifesto so "Change begins with APC".Nigeria @ present;it's either restructure or disintegrate.Guess Borno is still safer than Lagos Mr.governor?

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by madridguy(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2017
tongue tongue
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by lordTK(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2017
Boko Haram Commando!

Why would he want restructuring, when he's benefiting from this colonial structure?

Lazy Almajiris.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2017
,We all know you guys will never allow Restructuring. Restructuring will expose how lazy the North are. Even with the free oils money, you guys remain the lest develop region in Nigeria.

posterity will judge Lord Lugard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by fergie001: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2017
I will not call this man stupid,because I respect the good people of Borno state....But this man who seemingly in the past has adorned himself in a garb of knowing what to do,have in the past few months shown to be unintelligent,at best.

Restructuring was one of your party's manifesto,you rode on it to claim power,but see you here retort...
This is a man in 2011,who was alleged to have embezzled close to 10bn naira.Monies supposedly for the 27LGAs of the state.

Restructuring and devolution of powers is the way to go.
What do you know about AIs,etc.
Can you talk about robotics in a society that is too Abuja-dependent.You want to talk about quality in leadership when failures like you have been in office over 6years?
You exonerate a man who has unabatedly protected his ilks involved in massive corruption that has made Judas Iscariot a seeming Saint.

Why not let every state,run at its pace,construct its roads without the hindrance of Trunk A,B or whatever Federal roads.
All over the world,in established democracies,do they have a hypocritical lot who "sharia-lise ogogoro",and benefit from the tax from 'ogogoro-infidels',yet approve 'gum'.

Mr.Governor,Nigerians know why the North has staunchly opposed restructuring.You are talking about leadership when your fellow 35 thieves-at-arms continuously fail the common man with reckless abandon.Let us allow our Governors dig deep,and tap hidden potentials in their states and not get hoodwinked by the Ministry of Solid Minerals.

Always trying to divert attention from the realities,and looking for a selling point for 2019.
BTW,where is Maina?
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by aolawale025: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2017
Shettima. Am surprised how he turned out since he joined politics. As a banker then, he was rational.
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by Skyfornia(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2017
Why are the northern leaders all scared of restructuring?
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by bolanto24(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2017
Just look what this stupid Boko Haram governor is saying.

For me I believe a better system will create better and purposeful leaders.

Restructuring is a task that must be achieved. Wether the northern elites like it or not.

The south must be resolute and firm on this demand.
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by RegalD(m): 9:04am On Oct 30, 2017
He should have restructured his brain before talking trash. talking about quality of leadership, we are yet to see a bit of it in him.
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by GuyWise(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2017
When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was touring some SS/SE states many politicians were seen calling for restructuring against secession even some northern politician and religious leaders were not left out......

But when the northern orligachy collabo with some southern slaves and fools and took Mazi Nnamdi out, the call for restructuring have died down and the northern parasites have started again beating their chest and will be like.... COMAN RESTRUCTURE NA.
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by nNEOo(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2017
Restructuring the mind of up2 200million ppl could take from 200million yrs upward to accomodate the new babies yet to be born.

Like i always say let us restructure,or amend our constitution to accomdate but not limited to PUBLIC EXECUTION OF CURRUPT PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS,
Minimum of 4yrs imprisonment if you fail to fufil ur campaign promises without any justifiable reason
Hence forth presidential candidate should be based on how advanced and developed ur states is ...
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by nNEOo(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2017
bolanto24:
Just look what this stupid Boko Haram governor is saying.

For me I believe a better system will create better and purposeful leaders.

Restructuring is a task that must be achieved. Wether the northern elites like it or not.

The south must be resolute and firm on this demand.
this thing is very eary if u ask lalasticlala na...
The south want restructuring to meet up with his mates,the north want status quo of stargnation i say out of the 100 naira BREAD MALLAM CUT ME 50 naira own ma take drink tea abeg...
grin
Re: Restructuring My Foot; Devolution Of Power Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Gov Shettima by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2017
The only way the South can get a restructured Nigeria is when an election boycott is mooted. This northern parasites are not ready to let go of oil money because their Lives depend on it.

(1) (Reply)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri Weeks After Zuma Was Honoured By Okorocha. / Osibanjo And Shenanigans / I Will Pay Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears Before 2018 – Gov Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.