Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Is Ponmile By Reminisce Overrated Or Underrated? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Ponmile By Reminisce Overrated Or Underrated? (1242 Views)

Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) / Download Ponmile By Reminisce / A Review Of "Ponmile" By Reminisce And Its Reference To Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Ponmile By Reminisce Overrated Or Underrated? by enny66(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Ponmile by Reminisce: Reminisce has once again shown he is no ordinary artiste with his latest single “Ponmile”. The song whose title translates to mean “Honour me” addresses a very important social issue. Performed in Yoruba language interspersed with a few English words, it is arguably one of the best songs released this year – the many covers by other artistes is testament to its status.

What is “Ponmile” about?

Ponmile tells the story of a relationship at the brinks, the story of a man – call him insecure – who feels disrespected by his partner’s apparent lack of commitment to their relationship. Despite expressing the extents he would go to secure her attention, he makes it clear he would rather be told she is no longer interested in him than be disrespected by her. By saying “Ponmile”, he is asking her to “honour him” by desisting from such behaviors that undermines their relationship.

Ponmile by Reminisce: The Covers

Talent recognizes talent. This is evident in how many of Nigeria’s most talented vocalists have not been able to resist the appeal of “Ponmile” by producing their cover versions. Chidimma, Aramide, Immaculate Dache, Kennyblaq and Jaywon are some of the popular names to have recorded covers for the song.

Nigerian’s sweetheart, Chidimma Ekile’s cover of Reminisce’s “Ponmile” tells the story from a woman’s perspective. Her strong vocal rendition speaks of a lady frustrated with her partner’s disregard for her emotions. She seems to be saying respect is reciprocal; you should honour me so I can honour you. She talks about her man’s escapades and how that has influenced her attitude towards him.

Continue reading https://naijmobile.com/ponmile-by-reminisce/

Re: Is Ponmile By Reminisce Overrated Or Underrated? by Mctribal: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pomile...I just love the song....this is also a great one from your own boy McTribal #laughitout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd6ww5pxeYI
Re: Is Ponmile By Reminisce Overrated Or Underrated? by Forzap: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
That song is lit!! My favorite at the moment

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Modenine(the Lyricist)'s Lyrics / Reminisce – 2 Mussh (remix) Ft Ice Prince & Sauce Kid / Snude-spotlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.