Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Mourinho Reveals What Martial Has That Rashford Lacks - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Reveals What Martial Has That Rashford Lacks (503 Views)

Jose Mourinho Reveals His Lionel Messi Dream And Wants To Coach Superstar / Jose Mourinho Reveals What Will Happen In Man United Vs Barcelona Today / Modric Reveals What Ronaldo Told Him After Winning UEFA Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Reveals What Martial Has That Rashford Lacks by bluepython(f): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
The Frenchman came off the bench to score the winner against Spurs on Saturday Manchester gaffer Jose Mourinho has been in a dilemma this season picking between Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford to start in the left-wing position this season. But now the Manchester United manager has revealed one player has a key attribute over the other. 19-year-old English striker Rashford has been preferred in the Premier League while his 21-year-old French team-mate has been a regular starter in the Champions League.

On Saturday, October 28, the French international came off the bench once again to score as he netted the winner in the Red Devils' 1-0 win over Spurs.
Revealing what Mourinho said to him before coming on, Martial told Sky Sports "The manager told me to find the space. I know Lukaku is good with his head. I found the space and I scored so I'm happy."

Mourinho then expanded on this at full-time and also revealed the one attribute Martial has over positional rival Rashford.

"I was telling him to do that but at the same time to play from Lukaku, against three very good central defenders, but three central defenders who had a hard match for 60, 70 minutes against Lukaku and Rashford. "So he comes, okay, probably a lucky shot, but the movement is good, the desire is good, and the goal is the goal that gives us two more points than the 0-0."
Source: www.socccerembassy.com

(1) (Reply)

Countries That Have Qualified For Rusia 2018 / Why Super Eagles Player, Idowu Could Be In Trouble In Russia For Playing For Nig / Five Reasons Manchester United Will Overpower Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.