Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,167 members, 7,818,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar (22446 Views)

Latasha Ngwube Rocks Bikini On National Bikini Day / Latasha Ngwube's Look To Simi And Adekunle Gold's Traditional Wedding / Latasha Ngwube: "The Potholes In Lagos Are Affecting My Breasts" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by wunmi590(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by RZArecta(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
Even though I don't like bobrisky for any reason at all and I actually pity it's parents for giving birth to such entity, the question still remains ma, who begged you to invite it to your show ? Who even knows you have a show for crying out loud ? Attention seeking mofo cool
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
morereb10:
Worst mistake one can ever make. On a more serious note guys, when will Nigeria as a whole and especially this so called OAP's or slay queens understand that the way a man speaks English, is not the way he should be judged.

It is very wrong to assume the content of ones character is in his or her ability to speak correct or fluent English. English is a borrowed language in this country. When will we understand that?

She can say she won't invite Bobrisky because of what he represent, that will be understandable judging from the values in the society associated with us but definitely not because he can't speak good English.

After all, like my friend use to say, - na idea we need.
Exactly what I am thinking who English help?

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by oputa1: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
senier007:
The are all useless and the same
Don't even know why some celebrity are even talking about that gay, how can our society accept someone like that? What happen to our moral and godly attitude?
The lady is busy display unattractive fatty body
And the dude sees himself as a made nigga

May God bring sanity to our nation

AMEN!!!! OH
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Fhowe: 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
even if i don't like bob risky this lady went totally out of line .we meet such people all the time you should understand we are not all the same .And if you switch places you might not have made it halfway of what that person is today.Think before you talk not vice versa.Trying to rise by bringing other people down she first started with toke makinwa the guy handled in a matured way looking for cheap fame i don't even know this bag of beans (she is so big nobody even knows her still struggling for people to know her, bob risky is so small yet we know him ). Cant she just go on with the interview without bringing other people into it .
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by EmekaBlue(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Normal thing for Yoruba peeps na....my afonja frienz sabi say things like

I tells him
I am eat already e.t.c
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by sinimapongolle(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

Y'all need to stop saying this. English is a respected language all over the world. Let's say we decide to stop speaking English in Nigeria today, what language would we choose? Is it the Yoruba or the Igbo language? The thing is this English is the common thing to all tribes in Nigeria. I don't understand Igbo when it's spoken but if you say it in English, I would. The Kenyans have Swahili, the common language outside English
Yea i kinda agree with u tho, too many languages are being spoken in nigeria alone, aside the three common ones we are aware of, buh say if english language were to be barred in naija, prolly pidgin english 4 better o!
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by morereb10: 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

Y'all need to stop saying this. English is a respected language all over the world. Let's say we decide to stop speaking English in Nigeria today, what language would we choose? Is it the Yoruba or the Igbo language? The thing is this English is the common thing to all tribes in Nigeria. I don't understand Igbo when it's spoken but if you say it in English, I would. The Kenyans have Swahili, the common language outside English

You are less informed if you think the common acceptable language in Nigeria is English

Let me ask you - have you ever heard of Pigin english before?

google it

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by morereb10: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

You are less informed if you think the common acceptable language in Nigeria is English, Let me ask you - have you ever heard of Pigin English before?

google it

And you will be very wrong to think English is a respected language all over the world. - Chinese and French is even more respected than english.

Google it too
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Aida13: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
What in the Speedy Darlington is going on?? Don't discriminate pls grin angry
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Clobis(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
is english now the bases to measure success, wealth, influence or achievments? madam for your information apart from usa and uk other developed countries don't give a damn about english language and that doesn't stop there glory from shinning.

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Freeman59: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Woah! That's harsh
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Paulosky1900: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
morereb10:
Worst mistake one can ever make. On a more serious note guys, when will Nigeria as a whole and especially this so called OAP's or slay queens understand that the way a man speaks English, is not the way he should be judged.

It is very wrong to assume the content of ones character is in his or her ability to speak correct or fluent English. English is a borrowed language in this country. When will we understand that?

She can say she won't invite Bobrisky because of what he represent, that will be understandable judging from the values in the society associated with us but definitely not because he can't speak good English.

After all, like my friend use to say, - na idea we need.

true talk buddy afterall the whole world isnt speaking english..we have french,dutch,spanish,italian,arabic e.t.c ...speaking correct english doesnt make one a wise person...king solomon isnt an english man bt he is the wisest being ever had.
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by wildchild02: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lmao very funny

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
U WAIT,LET AWA BRO BOBRISKY COMAN CASH U

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Prince001(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

Respected language forced on people by killings, raping and maiming. English is just like any other language, agbero, thief, rapist and all in London speaks good English cos it's their language. It doesn't make them a better person mind u!

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
morereb10:

You are less informed if you think the common acceptable language in Nigeria is English, Let me ask you - have you ever heard of Pigin English before?

google it

And you will be very wrong to think English is a respected language all over the world. - Chinese and French is even more respected than english.

Google it too

Haha. Pidgin ENGLISH. Why don't you read both my comment and yours again, this time slowly

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
BenShammer:
Hmmm. So you can't date a guy that speaks bad English. What if you met him while trying to learn French but it turns out his English is not so good?

What's your problem ? Who is talkin about dating? Do you have a problem with comprehension

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
Prince001:

Respected language forced on people by killings, raping and maiming. English is just like any other language, agbero, thief, rapist and all in London speaks good English cos it's their language. It doesn't make them a better person mind u!

Do you guys have issue with comprehension? I am not shallow. How can I use English to judge a person? Does that make any sense?

I was talking about the annoying thing we keep hearing people on this forum saying, that English is not our language? So let them say it? What exactly is the language? Don't say pidgin English because that's just modified English.

The truth is that Nigeria only has one language that unites us and that is the English language. I made reference to Kenya. If the government of Kenya today decides to stop everyone from speaking English, they have got a backup and that is Swahili.

So which is Nigeria's common language outside the English

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2017
sinimapongolle:

Yea i kinda agree with u tho, too many languages are being spoken in nigeria alone, aside the three common ones we are aware of, buh say if english language were to be barred in naija, prolly pidgin english 4 better o!

Thank God you understand me because I am surprised at the funny mentions. By the way pidgin is modified English

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by devvland(m): 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

Do you guys have issue with comprehension? I am not shallow. How can I use English to judge a person? Does that make any sense?

I was talking about the annoying thing we keep hearing people on this forum saying, that English is not our language? So let them say it? What exactly is the language? Don't say pidgin English because that's just modified English.

The truth is that Nigeria only has one language that unites us and that is the English language. I made reference to Kenya. If the government of Kenya today decides to stop everyone from speaking English, they have got a backup and that is Swahili.

So which is Nigeria's common language outside the English

Correct. Your head dey there.

Thing is, people who always attack the English Language as used in Nigeria are folks needing to apologize for their incompetence in usage. It's just plain reverse-inferiority complex. They get a heart attack each time the matter is raised. And don't be fooled by those who can write impeccably...cos perhaps speaking it is their challenge. So we all turn to promoting the local culture as a way to disguise our insecurities and shortcomings. It's all very psychological. But you have to be smart to decipher the currents underneath the cool exterior.

1 Like

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
devvland:

Correct. Your head dey there.

Thing is, people who always attack the English Language as used in Nigeria are folks needing to apologize for their incompetence in usage. It's just plain reverse-inferiority complex. They get a heart attack each time the matter is raised. And don't be fooled by those who can write impeccably...cos perhaps speaking it is their challenge. So we all turn to promoting the local culture as a way to disguise our insecurities and shortcomings. It's all very psychological. But you have to be smart to decipher the currents underneath the cool exterior.

Thank you for understanding. Honestly I am happy you understood me
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by devvland(m): 11:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

Thank you for understanding. Honestly I am happy you understood me

I think we all pretty much understand. Trouble is, there people for whom it's a touchy subject. They react predictably. They list all the different languages in the world in addition to the over 240 ethnic tongues spoken in Nigeria.

But I fail to see their grouse. Rather, I see someone fighting a losing battle. Competence in English will always remain a symbol of the class of education one has in Nigeria. Whether you like it or not. If you go through Nursery, Primary, Secondary, & University & still can't get your tenses right, then your overall IQ needs to be questioned. Why? Cos English features in all levels of our academic lives. Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Literature etc are all taught & learned in English in this country...& before you can attain any degree of competence in those subjects, you must have a decent grip on comprehension of English. Why? Cos textbooks for Nigerian students are written in English not Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw, etc.

This whole disdain for English is the greatest enabler of the low performance in schools today. Chinua Achebe was powerful in his use of his local tongue, but that never dismissed his equally powerful handling of the English language. There's no crime in being bi- or even multy-lingual. Matter of fact only those with higher intelligence can handle more than one language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Prince001(m): 12:26am On Nov 01, 2017
devvland:

I think we all pretty much understand. Trouble is, there people for whom it's a touchy subject. They react predictably. They list all the different languages in the world in addition to the over 240 ethnic tongues spoken in Nigeria.

But I fail to see their grouse. Rather, I see someone fighting a losing battle. Competence in English will always remain a symbol of the class of education one has in Nigeria. Whether you like it or not. If you go through Nursery, Primary, Secondary, & University & still can't get your tenses right, then your overall IQ needs to be questioned. Why? Cos English features in all levels of our academic lives. Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Literature etc are all taught & learned in English in this country...& before you can attain any degree of competence in those subjects, you must have a decent grip on comprehension of English. Why? Cos textbooks for Nigerian students are written in English not Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw, etc.

This whole disdain for English is the greatest enabler of the low performance in schools today. Chinua Achebe was powerful in his use of his local tongue, but that never dismissed his equally powerful handling of the English language. There's no crime in being bi- or even multy-lingual. Matter of fact only those with higher intelligence can handle more than one language.
Its amazing how some people are indulge in nonsense. I guess cos most people that sees English language as their saviour never leave Naija then u will be dissappointed cos in England no matter how good ur English is if u don't speak it in their accents, I swear u will be shocked d way u will be looked at as if u not making sense! It will be awesome to speak our own language, maybe we just take pidgin English that never discriminate anyone regardless of their education background.
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by africaneyes: 5:25am On Nov 01, 2017
Crazy.

Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 01, 2017
Prince001:

Its amazing how some people are indulge in nonsense. I guess cos most people that sees English language as their saviour never leave Naija then u will be dissappointed cos in England no matter how good ur English is if u don't speak it in their accents, I swear u will be shocked d way u will be looked at as if u not making sense! It will be awesome to speak our own language, maybe we just take pidgin English that never discriminate anyone regardless of their education background.

You just proved devvland right with this your "beautiful construction" of English. I am not perfect. Stop talking like you are making sense because you are not. The emboldened is obviously crap. It's obvious you haven't left the shores of Nigeria to anywhere. You said an English Man would be shocked when listening to us speak because we don't have their accent? Common, read that again and see if it makes any sense to you. You could have just talked about racism without using English as a yard stick because your statement is void of sense. I have an Indian lecturer here with a thick Indian accent. If accent was a criteria for employment, why should they employ him?
Think of something intelligent. Don't say because he is not an African or a nigger because that would be dumb.
By the way, pidgin is modified English. Y'all with your insecurites
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Prince001(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

You just proved devvland right with this your "beautiful construction" of English. I am not perfect. Stop talking like you are making sense because you are not. The emboldened is obviously crap. It's obvious you haven't left the shores of Nigeria to anywhere. You said an English Man would be shocked when listening to us speak because we don't have their accent? Common, read that again and see if it makes any sense to you. You could have just talked about racism without using English as a yard stick because your statement is void of sense. I have an Indian lecturer here with a thick Indian accent. If accent was a criteria for employment, why should they employ him?
Think of something intelligent. Don't say because he is not an African or a nigger because that would be dumb.
By the way, pidgin is modified English. Y'all with your insecurites

U are very funny, I have been living here in Europe for 16yrs now! I graduated from university in London, I'm talking from experience!!!May God Almighty grant ur wish to be able to travel abroad, to see and hear what I was talking about.
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by twerkjack: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2017
SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG IN AFRICA.....

THAT GIRL IS ALMOST OBESE AND SHES FLAUNTING IT??

SHED SOME WEIGHT SISTER,,,,

WTF??
Re: Latasha Ngwube: I Can’t Invite Bobrisky To My Show, Due To His Bad Grammar by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2017
Prince001:

U are very funny, I have been living here in Europe for 16yrs now! I graduated from university in London, I'm talking from experience!!!May God Almighty grant ur wish to be able to travel abroad, to see and hear what I was talking about.

My wish grin grin. What's the big deal in Europe? I am doing my masters currently in the UK, so Mr Liar, you have got no point. You didn't graduate from London. That's very obvious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido Celebrates His 25th Birthday Today (Photos) / Helena Nelson: What My Mother Did To Me! / Queen Christy Daniel Celebrates Christmas Season With Amazing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.