Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment (3140 Views)

UNIUYO Pharmacy Graduate Takes Photoshoot With Her Numerous Awards (Photo) / Nigerian Graduate Who Sold Ice Cream Releases Transformation 7 Years After / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Oluwolex2000(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
@

A first class Nigerian graduate has taken to Twitter to openly beg people to help her get a job. Odufuwa Sola, 22, from Ogun State, has remained jobless since she graduated in 2015 from Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo State.

“I’m Odufuwa Sola, I’m a First Class Graduate of Physics with Electronics from Ajayi Crowther University,” she tweeted on Tuesday from her handle @MzKansola. “Kindly help me retweet. I need a Job.”

Ms. Sola did not just make a First Class but was the best graduating student in the university for that year with a 4.83 G.P.A. She had the honour of delivering a valedictory speech in the school.

Ms. Sola’s appeal for help has been retweeted more than 3,000 times by other Twitter users.

But that is just the best she has gotten for now as nobody has asked her to come over for a job interview.
Ms. Sola, who said she was amazed at the rate people retweeted her post, told sources she was inspired to resort to Twitter for help having seen other people with similar situation get help through the social media.

Ms. Sola said she has applied for employment at the Ajayi Crowther University, but that she was yet to get a reply from the school.

She has also submitted applications to several companies and organisations within the country.

“Most jobs I apply for are graduate trainee slots that are science-related,” Ms. Sola said, adding that she was not feeling sad at all that she has not been able to get a job.
“I know the situation of the country, though I didn’t expect it to take so long,” she said. “But I trust God.”

Also, she does not regret studying physics. She said she would do it again and again if she were to start her university education all over. “Physics is fun,” she said.

Ms. Sola’s dream is to work someday as a renewable energy analyst, she told sources.
Meanwhile, she has started learning tailoring at Ijebu-ode, Ogun State, where she resides, while waiting and hoping to be called up for a job interview soon.

“My family has been supportive, everyone around me is just wishing me the best and praying I get a job soon,” said Ms. Shola who lost her dad in 2015, few months to her graduation ceremony.

“My appeal to Nigerians is to help me get a job of my dream and passion. I know it’s not easy out there, but with the help of God, I know something good will happen soonest. Nigerians are good people, it’s just the situation we find ourselves in as a country,” she said.

When Sources contacted the spokesperson of the Ajayi Crowther University, Alvan Ewuzie, he said that giving first class graduates instant employment in the university depended on the availability of space in the department where the student graduated from.

Source : http://www..com/2017/10/22-yr-old-first-class-nigerian-graduate.html

Cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oyinkansola, you would find your heart desires in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nigeria now f....ck up country. God why always Nigeria. Employment =0. Security= 0. Good leadership =0. Corruption =100. Development =0. Were are the youths ?? Please let come together and save this Nation
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Eggcelent(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
This Is Serious. I Will Like To Assume She Finished Her Service Year Recently
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Yeligray(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Thorhammer:
Nigeria now f....ck up country. God why always Nigeria. Employment =0. Security= 0. Good leadership =0. Corruption =100. Development =0. Were are the youths ?? Please let come together and save this Nation
you can't save the Nation until some people are gone.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by KardinalZik(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
Just recently I said CERTIFICATE IS OVERRATED; this is a basic reason.

A girl committed suicide recently at OAU coz she had a glorious E in a course, not even an F.
NOW, this one graduated well, yet she is battling emotional stress coz her CERTIFICATE ISN'T ABLE TO FETCH HER JOB.

YOU CAN BE A JOB CREATOR if you change your perception about certificates.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Maj196(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hmmm. God help her
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by fatymore(f): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
Let me go to twitter and broadcast too... Lols
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nukilia: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lovely girl... Its sad she's going through this crazy stuff...
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by hos4x(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ehya

I day feel for am sha

But na private uni sha, so I no too day trust their first class

3 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nukilia: 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
We churn out graduates who can't find their footing in the society...
The country doesn't even value what you study...

A catastrophic nation
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
hos4x:
Ehya

I day feel for am sha

But na private uni sha, so I no too day trust their first class
You people have come again. Na ur own we go trust abi undecided

3 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
grin

Try Chevron and Schlumberger. Don't forget Shell petroleum.

grin

Reality na bastard

4 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Useless country
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by laribari(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Did you say first class in Physics and Elect? Your head dey hot!!

At this stage of my life, or even mention mathematics for where I dey if you nor want make we quarrel.

I mean oo, you self go even think sey we get fight before.

1 Like

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Naughtytboy: 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
Go to school acquire all the grades,, let me work on my talent,, in three years i will employ u with a bsc, seems people haven't noticed Nigeria is a country of celebrities.. If wanna make it big with book go to outside the country

2 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by tiredoflife(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Go and marry abeg
If u can't create a job for urself
Its best u just go marry
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by blank(f): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Yet there are 2:2 graduates getting jobs without any godfather. Time and chance happen to us all.

4 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by ToyeBrainz(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
Are u a final year computer science students?

Get free project tips and Assistance from me

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Maj196(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lalasticlala dis one no be snake oo but abeg help d girl ministry.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by kay29000(m): 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
Na wa o!
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by cstr1000: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Oduok(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
This is so ridiculous. Ridiculous of class of degree, ridiculous of the course and institution she finished from. The average educated person was mearnt to create possibilities in any and every environment he/she finds him/herself - talk less of First Class. The country/society is supposed to look up to a First Class graduate and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by BiafranBushBoy: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
Bleep degree!!

Go for certifications!!

Follow www.topwritersden.com. it will be your learning platform till you get that job.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by generationz(f): 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
lol this is funny

so the school can't even get her a lecturing job even if she works as a clerk

shame on ajayi crowther university for not covering the shame of its best graduating student for that matter.

she should go and wash her head because this one seems like village people handwork
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by jaychubi: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
So she can't also find a private secondary school to teach physics abi ok keep waiting for shell
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by obyrich(m): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
jaychubi:
So she can't also find a private secondary school to teach physics abi ok keep waiting for shell
The ones that will owe her 3 months salary?
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by BRAV0O(m): 3:51am On Nov 01, 2017
Maj196:
Lalasticlala dis one no be snake oo but abeg help d girl ministry.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Yameater(m): 3:59am On Nov 01, 2017
Naughtytboy:
Go to school acquire all the grades,, let me work on my talent,, in three years i will employ u with a bsc, seems people haven't noticed Nigeria is a country of celebrities.. If wanna make it big with book go to outside the country
Don’t worry I know why I quoted you
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by SexyDenzel: 4:50am On Nov 01, 2017
tiredoflife:
Go and marry abeg
If u can't create a job for urself
Its best u just go marry
Are you fkin serious now? you see a young intelligent lady thats willing to do what she can to get a "job" for herself and do something with her life and you're telling her to go and get married?! Can't you respect the fact that she isn't on social media posting nonsense and pictures of her booty like most dumb Nigerian girls do nowadays?! I feel for you. Did you see what she studied and also came out with 4. something? I bet you're not a scholar that's why you reason the way you do and you also can't hold a candle light where she is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This True About First Class Students? / "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb / Expelled for Examination Malpractice (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.