Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? (1338 Views)

Kirk Franklin(a popular gospel artist) Blasphemy Against Jesus Christ. / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Ghost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by TalkWithLizy: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Hello House, can some one explain the below:

and why is it eternal SIN.

Mark 3.22–30
Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit

22 And jthe scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, k“He is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “by the prince of demons he casts out the demons.” 23 lAnd he called them to him and said to them in parables, “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26 And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end. 27 But mno one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. Then indeed he may plunder his house.

28 o“Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 for they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

What Happens to an ardent sinners that have spoken evil of the Holyspirit in the past and NOW got repented and became born again. Does that mean he will go to hell. Acts 17:30

Kindly provide answer with relevant scripture verse.

Thanks
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by sonofluc1fer: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Calling the Holy Spirit a rapist paedophile for sleeping with a young man's virgin bride. I'm sure that would make the Holy Spirt mad and make him unforgiving.

If the Holy Spirit is unforgiving.. Hmmm.. That will take you down a strange road.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by TalkWithLizy: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
My Brother I agreed with U. But apostle Paul did more than this and yet he is still greatest of the apostle. what can u say about that?

sonofluc1fer:
Calling the Holy Spirit a rapist paedophile for sleeping with a young man's virgin bride. I'm sure that would make the Holy Spirt mad and make him unforgiving.

If the Holy Spirit is unforgiving.. Hmmm.. That will take you down a strange road.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by OtemSapien: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Blasphemy against the holy spirit means telling the holy spirit 'to hell with you among the trinity'. Holy spirit, you bloody murderer of 'Ananias and Sapphira.'

1 Like

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by Seun(m): 4:21am On Nov 01, 2017
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means attributing the signs and wonders performed by a true agent of God to the devil or an evil spirit. For example, if you say that TB Joshua or Benny Hinn's miracles are of the devil, but you happen to be wrong, God will never ever forgive you, even if you repent. However, if you murder thousands of innocent people during your life, only to repent in your dying moments, God will forgive you.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by tosinjay(m): 5:40am On Nov 01, 2017
Seun:
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means attributing the signs and wonders performed by a true agent of God to the devil or an evil spirit. For example, if you say that TB Joshua or Benny Hinn's miracles are of the devil, but you happen to be wrong, God will never ever forgive you, even if you repent. However, if you murder thousands of innocent people during your life, only to repent in your dying moments, God will forgive you.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by tosinjay(m): 5:45am On Nov 01, 2017
Seun:
Lie, not so... Murder thousands in your life and genuinely oblivious to Christ your repentance stand but knowing well you wan' do it like, i repent quickly before i die, that person will still end up in hell, devil ain't joking when he's battling for souls and even God as much as he loves us doesn't welcome evil allbeit fake repentance. Lying against the Holy Spirit is blasphemy, your example cannot be entirely right or even right at all. Knowing fully it's genuine miracle and denying it is blasphemy. But why would God judge blasphemy on your example, lot's of demonics out there.

It's almost clear to tell one these days. By their fruit we know them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by AHCB: 6:06am On Nov 01, 2017
Seun:
You expect anything less from a jealous God?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by Kaycee7(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2017
Seun:
I've always felt you had a good knowledge of Christian Doctrine but I now see I'm wrong.
This post, sir, is wrong information and should be taken down.

The six sins against the Holy Spirit are
Presumption of God's mercy
Despair
Impugning the known truth
Envy of other's spiritual good
Obstinacy in sin
Final impenitence

But should one realize his folly and repent, God would definitely forgive you
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by OtemSapien: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kaycee7:
I've always felt you had a good knowledge of Christian Doctrine but I now see I'm wrong.
This post, sir, is wrong information and should be taken down.

The six sins against the Holy Spirit are
Presumption of God's mercy
Despair
Impugning the known truth
Envy of other's spiritual good
Obstinacy in sin
Final impenitence

But should one realize his folly and repent, God would definitely forgive you
Seun stated his reason and you stated yours, but the bible didn't state what exactly blasphemy against the 'unforgiving spirit' is. So how did you come about yours?
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by Kaycee7(m): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
OtemSapien:
Seun stated his reason and you stated yours, but the bible didn't state what exactly blasphemy against the 'unforgiving spirit' is. So how did you come about yours?
Catholic Doctrine
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by OtemSapien: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kaycee7:
Catholic Doctrine
okay, I see. But how did the Catholic come about all these? Do they have monopoly to understanding what Jesus says?
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by hopefulLandlord: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
tosinjay:

Lie, not so... Murder thousands in your life and genuinely oblivious to Christ your repentance stand but knowing well you wan' do it like, i repent quickly before i die, that person will still end up in hell

I'm curious, what are the biblical verses that back this part of your post?
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by Kaycee7(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
OtemSapien:
okay, I see. But how did the Catholic come about all these? Do they have monopoly to understanding what Jesus says?
From the Bible
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by OtemSapien: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kaycee7:
From the Bible
Bible references pls.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by Kaycee7(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2017
OtemSapien:
Bible references pls.
Genesis 4:13
Matthew 25:4
Acts 5:3
Acts 7:51
1st Timothy 4:2
Titus 1:15
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? by shadeyinka(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2017
TalkWithLizy:

Hello House, can some one explain the below:

Thanks
Blasphemy in this sense is an act of Rebellion against the Holy Spirit. Like, "I know who you are, do your worst" !. Many atheists curse andvuse profane words on the Holy Spirit without realy knowing Him. Theirs can not be said to be Blasphemy. How can one rebel against one who does not exist?

A few atheists are atheists out of rebellion and not out of confusion or ignorance.

Any act of defiance in this regard where a person NOT out of IGNORANCE speak sacrileges, profanity or desecration to the Holy Spirit Blasphemy.

Jesus was not telling the Jews that they have blasphemed, He was warning them of proceeding further to the level of Blasphemy.

(1) (Reply)

Firehouse Assembly Church Workers Kneeling Down For Their Father In The Lord / The Beauty And Grace Of The World’s First Muslim Hijabi Ballerina(photos) / Is There Any Scientific Proof That Females Were Created From Men's Ribs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.