Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

How We Got Our First Client In Pukena - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How We Got Our First Client In Pukena (466 Views)

Get Registered On UPWORK And Land Your First CLIENT as a Nigerian / The Four Best Ways To Find Your First Client / A Nairalander Was My First Client And Revived My Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Got Our First Client In Pukena by pukena(m): 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
One satisfied customer can give you more advertising than money can buy.

The first three months in Pukena, we made no sales, except for the Free Cleaning Tour we used to promote our services. We spent the bulk of that time on boarding service providers across all our service categories. It was a very rigorous exercise. It's the main foundation of Pukena. Our stock in trade are these top rated professionals.We even set up Pukena Academy to prepare them to stand befor the King!

No sales yet, but I was happy at our achievement.

I met our very first major client on Facebook few weeks ago. He wanted Pukena to handle a very major web development project for his company.I had to go to Victoria Island to meet him in his office for him to believe there is actually a real human being behind all this noise about Pukena!.

But I made a fist impression on our first meeting. He told me there were other more experienced developers he knows but he is attracted by my enthusiasm.I got the contract.One of the biggest web project I have ever handled.

Two weeks into the web development contract, I paid him a visit to show him our progress. He was impressed at how I was able to capture his mind and develop his plans. I went an extra mile to even help to strategically develop his vision and open up some grey areas he wasn't aware of. That was it! He was excited. I was pleased to see him happy.

Now, his wife manages a very top hotel in Victoria Island, and they have been looking for painters for some remodelling and painting in the hotel. Right there as we spoke, he asked me, " do you have painters in Pukena?" I

said "yes sir!. In fact our painters just passed through an inhouse training to improve their level of professionalism."

He said, "Really, Ok, my wife needs painters in her hotel, let me call her to ask if I could send you over".

Ok, like they normally said, the rest is history.

Today, I took one of my best painters for a second job assessment visit to help me get an expert view on the job before we send in an official quote.

The quote sailed through and we are billed to start the majot remodelling project next week!

Now this is the most interesting part.

This amazing woman said, " my husband spoke so well about you. How you are so vision-driven, enthusiastic and passionate for your new business. That's is why am giving you this contract. In fact, this is the first of several project you are going to be handling for us henceforth. I would also introduce you to my network of hotel manager friends, whom am sure needs your services".

Ok, if you were in my shoes, won't you dance more that am doing right now? lol

Your customer is not just King, he runs the business, make him very happy, and you would never look for job!

www.pukena.ng

1 Like

Re: How We Got Our First Client In Pukena by chily11: 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
Good idea

(1) (Reply)

Affordable French Translation Services In Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt & Nigeria / How To Make Extra N19800 Per Month As A Youth Corps Member / Dangote’s $300 Million Cement Plant Commissioned In Congo Brazzaville

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.