Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard (725 Views)

Checkout The Assignment Given To A Group Of Pupils. See What A Student wrote / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / Hurricane Maria In Dominican: Buhari Orders Evacuation Of Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 3:37am On Nov 01, 2017
Hey guys, if you are in for this say aii...
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Yameater(m): 4:03am On Nov 01, 2017
AII

1 Like

Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 4:06am On Nov 01, 2017
Great!!!
Yameater:
AII
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by swiz123(m): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2017
Aii
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by ToyeBrainz(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2017
Am dropping my voice... I just hope you guys can hear it grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2017
Lol, i can hear it and I'm sure others can as well
ToyeBrainz:
Am dropping my voice... I just hope you guys can hear it grin
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
Guys how can we start some sort of movement for the Nigerian youths where we will make a tremendous impact in the society and our voice would be heard by our leaders?
I feel we've been neglected. I feel most youths these days just embrace whatever the society gives them. I feel nobody is willing to do anything. Most youths would shy away from things like this. We already have an adaptive spirit, taking anything that comes our way. Everybody wants to get to the helm of affairs but no one is willing to change or take the first step.
What's your take on this guys. Let's just express how we feel sincerely here...
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by swiz123(m): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
How would our voice be heard?obviously not through nairaland
If nairaland youths can come together let's make this thread lively, then with time we will take it to twitter en mass
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by chaarly(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2017
Booked
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
Sure I agree with you, obviously not through naira land,
but we can start from somewhere, and as you've said, if only the youths on naira land can come together, this will all make sense...
swiz123:
How would our voice be heard?obviously not through nairaland
If nairaland youths can come together let's make this thread lively, then with time we will take it to twitter en mass
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by IamOlusa(m): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
Rhode92:
Hey guys, if you are in for this say aii...
What plans do you have now?
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
We would all start by airing our views, everyone would drop a comment or two about how we can start a change. I basically believe that our youths are confused and have lost it, but there are still a lot of people out there that are willing to start a change,
hence the reason for this group. So its not really about what plans I have, its about what we can do together because we are stronger together...
IamOlusa:

What plans do you have now?
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by oluebubeneo(f): 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Rhode92:
Guys how can we start some sort of movement for the Nigerian youths where we will make a tremendous impact in the society and our voice would be heard by our leaders?
I feel we've been neglected. I feel most youths these days just embrace whatever the society gives them. I feel nobody is willing to do anything. Most youths would shy away from things like this. We already have an adaptive spirit, taking anything that comes our way. Everybody wants to get to the helm of affairs but no one is willing to change or take the first step.
What's your take on this guys. Let's just express how we feel sincerely here...
We should show support to our peers contesting for government positions. We should encourage and support them. We shouldn't just assume that they can never win because they are contesting with way older people and so just sit back and not show any form of support.
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by oluebubeneo(f): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2017
2019 is at the corner and the polithiefcians will come out en masse with their false promises. Some might offer we, the young people, money to vote for them and ignore our peers who might not have that kind of money to throw around but have noble intentions. Let's not sell the future for chicken change. Let's support our own. To those that sold their votes during the last general elections, I hope you are still spending the money now.
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
oluebubeneo:
We should show support to our peers contesting for government positions. We should encourage and support them. We shouldn't just assume that they can never win because they are contesting with way older people and so just sit back and not show any form of support.
Omg this is an amazing post! You really hit the nail on the head!!! We shouldn't assume a younger candidate can't win because they are contesting again the older ones...

1 Like

Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
oluebubeneo:
2019 is at the corner and the polithiefcians will come out en masse with their false promises. Some might offer we, the young people, money to vote for them and ignore our peers who might not have that kind of money to throw around but have noble intentions. Let's not sell the future for chicken change. Let's support our own. To those that sold their votes during the last general elections, I hope you are still spending the money now.
False promises everywhere. The youths of these days sell out their futures to all these politicians than cone to them with bribe. Temporary success is not success. Anything that comes easily goes easily...

1 Like

Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by oluebubeneo(f): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Rhode92:

Omg this is an amazing post! You really hit the nail on the head!!! We shouldn't assume a younger candidate can't win because they are contesting again the older ones...
Thanks for creating this thread. I have a lot to say. I know a lot of young people have a lot to say too.
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Rhode92: 3:35am On Nov 02, 2017
oluebubeneo:
Thanks for creating this thread. I have a lot to say. I know a lot of young people have a lot to say too.
Sure, and I'm glad you've got a lot to share.
I'd like to start by saying that before any positive impact can be made, we have to start from ourselves. I hate to say this but most of our youth's behaviors are very disheartening. Things I see most especially on social media just make me wonder where exactly our generation is going. We keep complaining that the people at the helm of affairs are corrupt and not fit to rule. But our youths these days are doing little or nothing to change that trend. What's the way forward guys, what is the first step? How do we go about imparting ourselves positively before making decisions in unison. How can we captivate the minds of the youths out there? Two heads is most definitely better than one. You comments pls guys...
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by Atikyvette: 6:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Aii
Re: Let's Start A Group On Nairaland Where The Voice Of Nigerian Youths Can Be Heard by oluebubeneo(f): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2017
Rhode92:

Sure, and I'm glad you've got a lot to share.
I'd like to start by saying that before any positive impact can be made, we have to start from ourselves. I hate to say this but most of our youth's behaviors are very disheartening. Things I see most especially on social media just make me wonder where exactly our generation is going. We keep complaining that the people at the helm of affairs are corrupt and not fit to rule. But our youths these days are doing little or nothing to change that trend. What's the way forward guys, what is the first step? How do we go about imparting ourselves positively before making decisions in unison. How can we captivate the minds of the youths out there? Two heads is most definitely better than one. You comments pls guys...
Having personal goals is a major step. Some people don't know what they really want to achieve say 5 years from now. When goals are defined, it gives direction and whatever that person does will be directed into achieving that goal. There won't be time for unnecessary stuff.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yabatech Admission Cut-off For 2017/2018 Nd Full Time Programme Is Out / Futa 2nd Batch Admission List Has Been Released / Gain Admission Into Unizik Or Unn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.