Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror (464 Views)

Boko Haram Suicide Attack Kills Eight At Borno Mosque / A Pastor Got A Woman Pregnant In An Act Of Adultery / Woman Kills Cobra In Her Daughter's Room (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by Wangxiao(m): 7:02am On Nov 01, 2017
(CNN)Eight people were killed and almost a dozen injured when a 29-year-old man in a rented pickup truck drove down a busy bicycle path near the World Trade Center Tuesday in Manhattan, New York City.

The suspect was identified by two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation as Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov. He's from Uzbekistan in Central Asia but had been living in the US since 2010, sources said.
A senior law enforcement officer told CNN a note, written in English, was found in the truck that said the attack, which unfolded around 3 p.m. on Halloween, was done in the name of ISIS.
"This was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said, "aimed at innocent civilians, aimed at people going about their lives who had no idea what was about to hit them

Jamal Lewis, a 17-year-old student who witnessed the attack told The Daily Telegraph: “I was walking down West street and heard a loud noise behind me. I saw the white pickup truck run over two cyclists and carried on. People were around their bodies, but they were dead. There was no screaming, people were in shock.”

The attacker continued all the way until Chambers Street - a distance of round 20 blocks - before heading back to the road.

The truck smashed into a yellow school bus, injuring children and adults and leaving sizable dents in both vehicles.

The crash happened just a few blocks from World Trade Center memorial.

The attacker was left injured but not incapacitated. Stumbling from the car, he pulled out what appeared to be two guns - but were later confirmed to be a paintball and pellet gun.
Allahu Akbar", he begun to shout - "God is Great" in Arabic - as passersby screamed and ran in all directions.

James O'Neill, the city's police chief, confirmed that the suspect made a statement that suggested terrorism as a motive when he exited the vehicle.

"If you just look at the M.O. of the attack, that's consistent with what's been going on. So that along with the statement has enabled us to label this a terrorist event," he said.

One witness said the driver looked “confused” and appeared to be injured in a “pretty bad” way. Others said he was limping.

"A whole load of people came running past my way saying ‘he’s got a gun, he’s got a gun’, the witness added.

By coincidence, a New York police officer stationed close by heard the commotion and was able to intervene rapidly.

Source: UK telegraph
Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by Wangxiao(m): 7:13am On Nov 01, 2017
See pictures:

Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by tyup(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2017
RIP to the dead

meanwhile sing with me

I am a living soul, I am a living soul
i'll praise the lord (2ce)
are you a living soul?
if your a living soul you'll praise the lord

the most high reigneth, the most high reigneth, the most high reigneth in my life today (2ce)

also, at the center of it all it's you that we see it's you that we see.

#Happy_new_month everyone

Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by Lomprico2: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2017
I suspect Trump.
Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by Wangxiao(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2017
tyup:
at
??
Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by Wangxiao(m): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2017
Lomprico2:
I suspect Trump.
I suspect Buhari
Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by Lomprico2: 7:39am On Nov 01, 2017
Wangxiao:

I suspect Buhari

grin grin
Re: Manhattan Truck Attack Kills 8 In 'an Act Of Terror by medolab90(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
New month new terror

(1) (Reply)

Shocker: Body Of Man Killed By Lightning Fails To Decompose 49 Days After Burial / Why I Saved Money In Both Naira, Dollars - Peter Obi / The 1st Human Head Transplant Carried Out Successful In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.