Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,746 members, 7,844,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him (41322 Views)

Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League / Nigerian Helen Joseph ‘feared’ By American Female Boxers (pic) / Commentator Addresses Peter Rufai As ‘Late’ During Libya Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Pidginwhisper: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2017
kennygee:
Na wa

Na Nigerians go dey drive that American embassy car, who wan bet am with me?
If I go confirm and the driver na from Somalia nko, wetin you go gimme??
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by olatade(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2017
leave our Peter rufai alone, he's not a terrorist abeg
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Totino: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2017
Next
Keneking:
Who are American Embassy officials that are pursuing innocent civilians lipsrsealed
The jurisdiction covered by international laws is the embassy at Walter Carrington Victoria Island and other similar locations ...
To have crossed VI to Alake and intimidate civilians are is totally unacceptable.
Abeg wetin be Trump twitter handle sef angry angry

There must be public apologies to the citizens of the Nigeria ..

Anyway, a two year multiple entry tourist visit to Peter Rufai and his family to any city (not prone to tornado and thunderstorms) would not be bad sha grin grin grin grin

US government sef cool
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by ciggy000(m): 11:37am On Nov 01, 2017
can they do such in America or its only in Nigeria where poo happens
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Daboomb: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2017
adisabarber:
So American embassy officials have the right to chase people on Nigerian roads?

That is what the DPO should have asked those driving the Embassy vehicle?
If Peter Rufai did actually brush them and failed to stop (assuming), what the law allows them is to go and file a report at the nearest police station, not chasing him and endagering his Life!

Our Policemen are just too ignorant of what the law says and l am sure they are just "awed" by the fact that an American Embassy SUV drove into their compound. angry angry
What if they had killed Rufai in the process of chasing him or he crashes his vehicle and died?
Is it legal for you to be chasing someone at high speed and bashing them continually ?(that is actually attempted murder, if you get a proper lawyer!)

Can the Nigerian Embassy officials go about chasing Americans in their own country like that?

Our Police officers are just too daft and ignorant to enforce the law.

IMO, Peter Rufai should get a sound lawyer and sue them for endagering his life and they should pay damages. Simple
If that was tried in the same America, l am sure the driver of that vehicle and those chasing the victim will probably be in jail right now.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Oluwasegun664(m): 11:48am On Nov 01, 2017
Pls Nairalander, I dont mind if my question cn b in FP..
Pls how do I pay a handling fee to new Zealand embassy at south Africa... I applied a visit visa n I was told to send my passport to their embassy at south Africa... Tnx
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Leez(m): 11:48am On Nov 01, 2017
divicode:
Fllatyies: Buhari is the cause
Zombies: They were invited by PDP
Honest Nigeria: Nigeria is a jungle where anything goes
Afonjas:we are gambari slaves and born cowrds
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Leez(m): 11:48am On Nov 01, 2017
divicode:
Afonjas:we are gambari slaves and born cowards
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by linearity: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2017
free2ryhme:
Becos they used American embassy vehicle does not mean they have to take laws into their hands

If the case were opposite in their country they would have arrested the diplomat in the process citing their law as being superior

Na the useless country called Nigeria caused all this nonsense when we don't have regards for our own laws

Diplomats are granted immunity in their host countries and can't be arrested and yes, it is applicable to even Nigerian diplomats abroad.

Nigerian diplomats abuse this privilege very well in New York City and they are among the top defaulters on parking tickets and traffic offenses in NYC and they don't pay and don't care and there is nothing New York can do about it.

If the crime are serious, the State Department can only plead with their Country of origin to withdraw their immunity, so that they can be prosecuted...if their country of origin refuse, the only recourse left for the host country is to deport them and bar them from re-entry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Bullhari007(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2017
they would have put bullet in his skull Onye Ara
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Mrees(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2017
Mr Peter take it lightly please...God help Nigeria
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Tedassie(m): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2017
kennygee:
Na wa

Na Nigerians go dey drive that American embassy car, who wan bet am with me?
Na lie jor

Bet with e'rrything you own and still lose cheesy
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2017
Totino:
Next

Next what?
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by silentkeela: 11:59am On Nov 01, 2017
Brainless comment? see below
divicode:

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Daboomb: 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
free2ryhme:
Becos they used American embassy vehicle does not mean they have to take laws into their hands

If the case were opposite in their country they would have arrested the diplomat in the process citing their law as being superior

Na the useless country called Nigeria caused all this nonsense when we don't have regards for our own laws

Stops saying Nigeria is a useless country, .........it is THE PEOPLE in a country that gives it a bad name.

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Daboomb: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
Bullhari007:
they would have put bullet in his skull Onye Ara

Leez:

Afonjas:we are gambari slaves and born cowards

IPOB miscreant comments. undecided undecided

You see yourselves?
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Peter Rufai, better defend yourself. Buhari doesn't know anyone else unless you are from Daura.

Also watch how you move about at odd hours

lmao
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
silentkeela:
Brainless comment? see below

I was trying to comment back until I saw your evil and diabolic moniker
Waste of time talking to a lost soul
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by talk2percy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Chisosss, I even thought this happened in America till I read the full story...for our own country kwa? Them go oppress us for their place and for our own domot kwa This is unacceptable!
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
Chai! Some Nigerian youth with "akamu" brain. can't we be objective for once? I can't imagine how people are beginning to say nonsense without actually knowing what really transpired.
1. Is he the only one that passed there yesterday or has been passing there?
2. Are the people mad to just start pursuing after him?
3. have they been chasing others like that?
Let's learn to intelligently reason things through before we start ranting nonsense.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Leez(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Daboomb:

IPOB miscreant comments. undecided undecided
You see yourselves?
yes we see u gambari slave cheesy grin
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by seunjungle1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
I don't like your behavior
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Bestbeelieve: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
Those useless US embassy security details also bashed my vehicle once while trying to beat traffic on lagos mainland. Without even an apology for breaking my side mirror. my business for the day was more important than chasing some ignoramuses....but one day they'll meet their waterloo in hell.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by ogbada33: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
this guy wey dey see double for France 98. hope say hin don go correct him sight
If that is all you can remember him for, then it is pathetic.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Habyz(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
OK let me get this straight, he "brushed them and they flagged him down" since did embassy officials become FRSC officials or the police to flag a citizen down for "brushing" them? Let's say that was legal what about the part where is car was bashed.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by ernieboy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
LoveThemChubby:
Chai! Some Nigerian youth with "akamu" brain. can't we be objective for once? I can't imagine how people are beginning to say nonsense without actually knowing what really transpired.
1. Is he the only one that passed there yesterday or has been passing there?
2. Are the people mad to just start pursuing after him?
3. have they been chasing others like that?
Let's learn to intelligently reason things through before we start ranting nonsense.
What sort of questions are u asking? Is it legal for anyone to engage on a dangerous road chase of another driver? So if in the course of the chase an accident had occurred and lives had been lost u will be asking these questions?

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
you for let them chase you enter mushin or ipaja, them go hear am
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by amazingspiderma: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
And the Nigeria police said they will address the matter amicably. Sounds like sweep the matter under the carpet to me.

This country is a mystery.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by khalids: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
So sorry to be spamming the front page......
Please urgent help is needed
https://www.nairaland.com/4136217/bukky-needs-urgent-medical#61936704
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by Augustap(f): 11:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
Wetin concern me

Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by egoldman(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Peter Rufai, better defend yourself. Buhari doesn't know anyone else unless you are from Daura.

This is very funny.
Re: Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him by egoldman(m): 7:06am On Nov 02, 2017
divicode:

Afonja Nko, they no get opinion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2018 World Cup: Why Musa, Iheanacho May Not Make My Squad – Rohr / Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team / Kanu Nwankwo & His Wife, Amara Step Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.