Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,239 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

How Technology Changed Healthcare In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Technology Changed Healthcare In Nigeria (224 Views)

Healthcare In Enugu State: Pictures Of Ongoing Hospital Projects / As COVID-19 Cases Rise, Patients Face Difficulties Accessing Healthcare In Kano / Akeredolu Commissions New Medical Equipment To Boost HealthCare In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Technology Changed Healthcare In Nigeria by magazineguy(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2017
I just sat down in one of the top hospitals as I toured my city. I couldn’t bring myself down to the fact that I was sitting in one of the multi-billion naira healthcare facility in Southern Nigeria. As one of the physicians opened the door ready for his day’s consultation, I took a peep sneakily- the type you don’t get caught at. I looked and saw one of these Gray Anatomy-like equipments. Never seen before in my existence. My point is that we cannot ignore the fact that there are life support machines in this part of the world.

The idea that applications are available to measure a person’s breathing rate or a digital platform for consulting with doctors, the trends in the past few months have been tremendous. It is of clarity to see that technology is completely changing the way patients seek treatment for minor and major complications.

One of the many methods in which technology is transforming healthcare is by aiding the remote population in teeming communities consults with medical practitioners who otherwise are not reached out to easily. The National Health Insurance scheme is one of the platforms patients check in with their doctors. Though the NHIS platform has suffered setback every once in a while, we cannot resonate between the assistance and disappointment that lies on the foundation it was built upon.

Another method in which healthcare is moving with the arrival of new technology is with the rise of adapted diagnostic implements. It means that these diagnostic equipments are no more in reserve for doctors alone, but can also be utilized by the patients. An example of such devices is the Welb device which calculates heart and breathing rates and then interprets the information directly to the patient’s smartphone.

Here are more of the diagnostic tools;

Augmented Autism Apps
Deep tissue massage seats
Pharmaceutical vending machines
Portable allergen detectors

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/technology-changed-healthcare-nigeria/

cc

lalasticala, dominique

(1) (Reply)

Iuds May Prevent Cervical Cancer / Health / HEALTHLAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255, Redeploys 299 Staff To State Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.