Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,952 members, 7,863,385 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports (8207 Views)

Nigerians React Over Approval Of $1 Billion For Anti-Terrorism War / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram / $1 Billion Ogoni Cleanup: Senate Committee Launches Probe, Visits Wike (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
Excellent Initiative. Brilliant idea

We need more productive-driven initiatives like this that is purpose driven and will create employment, jobs and boost the economy. This is excellent. Well done, Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by SehgateTeam(m): 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
It is no more news again that oil is no more
booming like it used to be in the past and
agriculture remains the only option for investors
looking at long-term and stable return on investment.
Involving yourself into a guarantee money backed
project under any sector within agricultural business
is highly profitable and you stand a big chance of
contributing to the development of the country, boost
the

https://sehgatehub./2017/02/11/vast-opportunities-in-nigeria-agricultural-business-sector-eye-opener-for-agro-investors
Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Ausmark: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
we have not eaten dey want to export, just what is the govt thinking can they not do it alone ?
we will end up buying food from his investor like fuel we have n buy.
who is this investor?
they want to sell our land, this govt should think well, Nigerians are not babies.
pls they not distract us at all.
grow Nigerians on farming n processing, we r stilll behind farimng, that should be an excuse to use us.
Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by deomelo: 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
Blue3k:
Turkey Nigeria business ties seem to be getting stronger. Let's see if the trade fair next year in Abuja helps. Anyway this and jubilee syringe factor in Akwa Ibom, Osun airport concessions are examples of Turkish investments.

Does Lagos produce a lot of food that the feel need to add them to processing zone? Oh well I'm interested to see where other 15 will be located. I'm guessing the others zones will by the other river ports to make export easier.

Production is not a requirement for processing and Lagos is a prime location for processing because of access to major markets and export facilities.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Blue3k(m): 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
deomelo:

Production is not a requirement for processing and Lagos is a prime location for processing because of access to major markets and export facilities.

OK fair enough sort of like Kebbi Rice deal. Lagos was processing the thend rice bought from that state. I would think it would add to the cost of the processor but whatever.
Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Originalsly: 3:13am On Nov 02, 2017
Blue3k:

● Nigeriana are going to be employed by investor.
● Investor will pay taxes.
● The food he processes is grown by Nigerians. I doubt it's going to be only his crops he processes and stores.
● lower food prices because of better storage.

Yes the will get to use land they invested 200 million dollars towards (gasp the horror). The government already does get with chesp agriculture loans. You can also check ERGP see other policies. Agricultural processing is listed under manufacturing in that report.

● No doubt. .. the farms will be mechanized and not require a huge labour force most of whom will be unskilled labourers. We all know how well other foreign investors treat their schooled employees... and how well they pay them so we can expect our unskilled farm workers to receive lu rate salaries and royal treatment. Employed?...underemployed or exploited?

● Pay taxes?..Really?... that will be breaking news. I can bet my life they were offered yearssss of tax break.... and when they will finally begin to pay...it will be just a token.

● Grown by Nigerians? ..or grown in Nigeria? Just think about the foreign supermarkets and how interested they are in carrying locally grown produce.Local farmers will be on their own... and may Heaven help them if the investor is growing the same crop.
● Lower food prices?....how?...if they are going to process and export?
The land they are going to use. ..... would be land now off limit to locals... if the lived or farmed there... grazed their cattle.... all of that will come to an end. Slavery repackaged... first we captured and sold our own to be enslaved by the foreigners....now we are inviting the foreigners to come and enslave us.... good development.
Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Blue3k(m): 4:31am On Nov 02, 2017
Originalsly:

● No doubt. .. the farms will be mechanized and not require a huge labour force most of whom will be unskilled labourers. We all know how well other foreign investors treat their schooled employees... and how well they pay them so we can expect our unskilled farm workers to receive lu rate salaries and royal treatment. Employed?...underemployed or exploited?

● Pay taxes?..Really?... that will be breaking news. I can bet my life they were offered yearssss of tax break.... and when they will finally begin to pay...it will be just a token.

● Grown by Nigerians? ..or grown in Nigeria? Just think about the foreign supermarkets and how interested they are in carrying locally grown produce. Local farmers will be on their own... and may Heaven help them if the investor is growing the same crop.

● Lower food prices?....how?...if they are going to process and export?
The land they are going to use. ..... would be land now off limit to locals... if the lived or farmed there... grazed their cattle.... all of that will come to an end. Slavery repackaged... first we captured and sold our own to be enslaved by the foreigners....now we are inviting the foreigners to come and enslave us.... good development.

● nobody asked them to unskilled.

● don'tr isk your life senselessly. Theirs state and local taxes to consider and other taxes. You call in a token but what was government getting before?

● You do know processor makes money processing crops right. It's like saying oil refiner won'trefine competition crude oil because they bother petroleum. The company is on Nigeria employing Nigerians and adding to gdp. ExxonMobil based in Dallas Texas but Mobil Nigeria employees Nigerians and add to economy of Nigeria. It''s win win for everyone.

● Are the exporting everything if there's demand locally. If you have extra supply on market food prices drop?

● I can't manage your feeling if you feel destitute. Foreigners can't own land btw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Danladi7: 5:46am On Nov 02, 2017
ozoemenaca:
Until we see it materialise, I dont believe APC government. If they are really sincere, they should site them where it could boost export through other ports like that of Portharcourt, Calabar, Warri and Onitsha
he no go better for sincere GEJ,okonjo iweala,Allyon madueke,Anyim pius Anyim,stella oduah and emefiele for not doing that and for making PH,Calabar,warri and Onitsha ports dysfunctional !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by omohayek: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2017
Blue3k:

● don'tr isk your life senselessly. Theirs state and local taxes to consider and other taxes. You call in a token but what was government getting before?

● You do know processor makes money processing crops right. It's like saying oil refiner won'trefine competition crude oil because they bother petroleum. The company is on Nigeria employing Nigerians and adding to gdp. ExxonMobil based in Dallas Texas but Mobil Nigeria employees Nigerians and add to economy of Nigeria. It''s win win for everyone.

● Are the exporting everything if there's demand locally. If you have extra supply on market food prices drop?

● I can't manage your feeling if you feel destitute. Foreigners can't own land btw.
I have to give you credit for finding the patience to respond calmly to such inane comments. What a typically Nigerian mindset to want 100% of nothing rather than 10% of something meaningful, wanting to impose ridiculous hiring and exporting requirements on potential investors even with a semi-comatose economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports by Originalsly: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2017
Blue3k:

I can go back and forth...but won't. From your view.... crumbs should be joyfully accepted because after all.... it is better than nothing. When the FG cannot even name the company..... let alone the terms of the deal.... we should be waving red flags.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Polls: Why Governors Support Buhari’s Re-election Bid – Gov Yari / Pictures Of The Four Men That Attacked Ekweremmadu In Germany Has Been Released / Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.