Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Police Officers Don't Have To Check A Student's Phone - Police Commissioner - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Officers Don't Have To Check A Student's Phone - Police Commissioner (569 Views)

Secondary School Students Attack Police Officers In Ogun State / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Officers Don't Have To Check A Student's Phone - Police Commissioner by Iphekitan(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
POLICE OFFICERS DON'T HAVE TO CHECK A STUDENT'S PHONE - ONDO STATE POLICE COMMISSIONER TELLS FUTA STUDENT UNION.

Ajele Ifekitan | FUTA S.U.B.
01- 11 - 2017.

The Ondo State Police Command headquarters welcomed some Student Union officials of the Federal University of Technology Akure, on Wednesday, 1st of November, 2017. The commissioner of police for the state, Assistant Inspector-General of Police, AIG Gbenga Adeyanju in her headquarters on Wednesday made it known to the university student union officials that no police officer has the right to check a student's mobile phone.

On the visit of the Olaseinde Adeyinka's led administration to the Ondo state command headquarters, over the incessant harassment of students around the university, the police commissioner while addressing the union leaders said; "Only if a crime has been established against you, or a petition was written against you; maybe you have been acccused of stealing and some amount entered your phone, and that shouldn't even be on the street, only then can they check your phone. Your telephone is your personal property, the content is your personal. So if any policeman searches your phone, its either he's not sure of what he his doing or he's trying to look for an offence to implicate you, it is wrong."

"That is why i said they should give you my number, if any student is harassed unlawfully, they should call, meanwhile don't fight any policeman, i repeat don't fight any policeman in uniform, if he searches you, and checks your phone, accuses you of an offence, and handcuffs you, just follow him quietly, and let me know the station you are taken to, if you can't call, definitely you have friends that can call, and eventually you will be saved, but suffer it a little, so that, at the end of the day, the policeman would pay for his sins. If am invited by the school, officially i could come and give security tips to the university community."

The Olaseinde Adeyinka William's administration is actualising the promise of a secured academic environment of the university student. Reportedly harassment from the NPF of is one of the major issues students staying off campus face. The Commissioner of police advise students not to take law into their hands, but to follow such police officers harassing them. Then such incident should be reported to his office as soon as possible.

© LIVE FEEDS, FUTA - 2017.
Re: Police Officers Don't Have To Check A Student's Phone - Police Commissioner by greatermax77(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nigerian big ogas & lies is like 5&6
He just told the students what they loved to hear because they are ignorant.
The police has the authority to search any body or person he suspects or any body under investigation
Re: Police Officers Don't Have To Check A Student's Phone - Police Commissioner by seansifo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
But they have the right to bust students in their hostels for no reason what a pity. #reporting from EKSU Osumayo hostel phaaeII

(1) (Reply)

Hello Lets Learn French / *aau 2017/2018 Academic Session Fees Schedule* / Nile University Of Nigeria Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.