Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,189 members, 7,864,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Jose Mourinho Explains Why Romelu Lukaku Didn't Take Yesterday's Penalty - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Explains Why Romelu Lukaku Didn't Take Yesterday's Penalty (396 Views)

Mourinho Explains How Inter Milan Beat Barcelona In The Champions League / Mourinho Explains Negative Tactics In Liverpool Draw / Chant About The Size Of Romelu Lukaku's Manhood By Man United Fans Causes Uproar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Explains Why Romelu Lukaku Didn't Take Yesterday's Penalty by phantomayo: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has explained why he chose Daley Blind over Romelu Lukaku as the taker of the side's second penalty in their 2-0 win over Benfica in the Champions League last night.

Anthony Martial had already missed from the spot in the contest by the time that the Red Devils - then leading by a goal - were awarded a second penalty of the evening after Marcus Rashford was tripped by Andreas Samaris.
Lukaku looked as if he was in line to take the kick, only to then walk away in apparent dejection as Blind instead smashed home for his side's second of the contest.
"I am paid to take decisions - good or bad," Mourinho told reporters when quizzed about the incident after the game. "In the first half the decision was bad because the player I chose to take the penalty missed.
"In the second half I made another decision and I don't see the drama. The penalty taker for this match was Martial, he took it in the first half and missed and he was not even on the pitch for the second one.

"Then I have to make a decision. Romelu wants to take, he had the personality to take the responsibility, [Ander] Herrera the same but my...http://www.columny.com/2017/11/jose-mourinho-explains-why-romelu.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Opinion Chelsea Vs Manchester United: Mourinho Speaks Ahead Of Clash / Cristiano Ronaldo Welcomes Fourth Child / Am Winning The Ballon D’or Ronaldo Speaks Confidently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.