Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos (2368 Views)

Playstation 2 PES 2014 Vs Playstation 3 PES 2014 / Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 / Why Playstation Move Will Beat Project Natal And The Wii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
Now Natal is motion sensing camera while PLAYSTATION MOVE is a motion sensing camera with wireless controller to enhance gaming.

In my own opinion, Natal is too lame! Now I know many will like to condemn the PLAYSTATION MOVE as a rip off of wiimote but Sony had motion sensing camera on PS2 and had tech demo for the move before wii came out. So how about condemning the wiimote as a rip off? yeah that's right!!

Enjoy your bah bah bah on Natal.

[flash=480,425]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svhyf1SF3CU&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><[/flash]

PLAYSTATION MOVE

[flash=480,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><[/flash]
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
On face value i prefer Project natal cos of it's 6th sense feel.
But then you sort feel and look stu.pid when playing a serious-action-packed-shoot-em-up style game.

I don't think the choice of video's you uploaded did project natal any favours.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by texazzpete(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2010
9jaganja:

Now Natal is motion sensing camera while PLAYSTATION MOVE is a motion sensing camera with wireless controller to enhance gaming.

In my own opinion, Natal is too lame! Now I know many will like to condemn the PLAYSTATION MOVE as a rip off of wiimote but Sony had motion sensing camera on PS2 and had tech demo for the move before wii came out. So how about condemning the wiimote as a rip off? yeah that's right!!

Enjoy your bah bah bah on Natal.

We've seen actual games using Move. We haven't seen any games using Natal - merely tech demos. Why not wait until E3 before you make these silly assumptions.

9jaganja:

In my own opinion, Natal is too lame! Now I know many will like to condemn the PLAYSTATION MOVE as a rip off of wiimote but Sony had motion sensing camera on PS2 [b]and had tech demo for the move before wii came out. [/b]So how about condemning the wiimote as a rip off? yeah that's right!!

Kindly stick to talking about things you know about.
There were no tech demos for the Move before the Wii came out - it didn't exist.
The only rip-ff artists are Sony - sticking the original motion sensor in the SIXAXIS controller to ape the Wii's controls.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
texazzpete:

We've seen actual games using Move. We haven't seen any games using Natal - merely tech demos. Why not wait until E3 before you make these silly assumptions.

Kindly stick to talking about things you know about.
There were no tech demos for the Move before the Wii came out - it didn't exist.
The only rip-ff artists are Sony - sticking the original motion sensor in the SIXAXIS controller to ape the Wii's controls.

When was the eyetoy launchded? eyetoy was motion sensing and it has been there since days of PS2 so what are you up to? PLAYSTATION introduced motion sensing.

Here you go to  the video to show you playstation started the whole motion sensing thing. The video was uploaded in 2006 and the game came out long before that!! And it was on PS2. Makes me wonder when you started playing games.

[flash=480,425]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><[/flash]
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
why people think MOVE is a wii ripoff is totally beyond me, This is simply capitalizing on the failure of wiimote.
The move can do 1:1 motion control, the Socom 4 video which isn't even complete confirms it, i remember zippers saying that it took them only 3 months to incorporate the MOVE into the game.

it's funny that some people still think that Eyetoy was SEGA's Dream eye ripoff when the Eye toy was a motion camera and the Dream eye was a mere Webcam that could take Still images.

take a look. . .

360 Avatars, stolen from Miis.

Natal, stolen from Sony Eye toy.

360 controller (two triggers, two shoulder buttons, two sticks, d pad, 4 colored face buttons in a diamond patter, stolen from Sony DualShock.

And of course HALO, stolen from Macintosh.

But the American media is too biased to see all these, rather they keep calling the MOVE a wiimote ripoff.

I think Natal will have huge sales at the beginning because Microsoft has been hyping it like the second coming of Christ but after a while it would FAIL . who want to run around like a punk? The fact that games from wii can easily be ported to work with MOVE on the PS3, gives MOVE an edge.

Natal needs total redesign of Games and can't work with existing tittles,  thats where Natal would also fail, Only 3 Ist Party studios can't save Natal. How many publishers would like to spend resources and put on only NATAL?, when two similar Motion tech are available in the market with great install base.

Meanwhile  Sony is targeting both Casuals and Hardcore with the move, The Move can easily be patched with existing tittles. with Dedicated 21 1st and 2nd Party studios supporting it, Failure isn't an option. Third party dev/publishers are also interested, Lord of the rings which was already slated for the wii is now Coming to the PS3. . .

Sony has tried Motion camera only with the eye toy and have equally tried Motion control only with the sixaxis, they found out they can't work independently . . that's why Move uses both the Playstation Eye and the Motion control. I need triggers, I can be running around thinking my fingers is a GUN. nuts.

Everything Natal can do the Playstation eye can Do except that Natal is 3D, an maybe a little more. . bUT  but,  Natal just got one of or it's processor removed. . . and it eats 30% of the 360 cpu, thats means expect more mediocre games. .

The LAG from NATAL is incredible and unreasonable.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by texazzpete(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2010
9jaganja:

When was the eyetoy launchded? eyetoy was motion sensing and it has been there since days of PS2 so what are you up to? PLAYSTATION introduced motion sensing.

Here you go to  the video to show you playstation started the whole motion sensing thing. The video was uploaded in 2006 and the game came out long before that!! And it was on PS2. Makes me wonder when you started playing games.

The Eyetoy is a glorified webcam. The Wiimote is a motion sensing controller. See the HUGE difference?

Stop arguing like a child. What has when i started gaming to do with this discussion? Does the amount of time you've been gaming make any difference whatsoever to logic?

I started playing games in 1990/1. My first game was Ninja Turtles for the NES.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by texazzpete(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
kosovo:

why people think MOVE is a wii ripoff is totally beyond me, This is simply capitalizing on the failure of wiimote.
The move can do 1:1 motion control, the Socom 4 video which isn't even complete confirms it, i remember zippers saying that it took them only 3 months to incorporate the MOVE into the game.

it's funny that some people still think that Eyetoy was SEGA's Dream eye ripoff when the Eye toy was a motion camera and the Dream eye was a mere Webcam that could take Still images.

take a look. . .

360 Avatars, stolen from Miis.

Natal, stolen from Sony Eye toy.

360 controller (two triggers, two shoulder buttons, two sticks, d pad, 4 colored face buttons in a diamond patter, stolen from Sony DualShock.

But the American media is too biased to see all these, rather they keep calling the MOVE a wiimote ripoff.

I think Natal will have huge sales at the beginning because Microsoft has been hyping it like the second coming of Christ but after a while it would FAIL . who want to run around like a punk? The fact that games from wii can easily be ported to work with MOVE on the PS3, gives MOVE an edge.

Natal needs total redesign of Games and can't work with existing tittles,  thats where Natal would also fail, Only 3 Ist Party studios can't save Natal. How many publishers would like to spend resources and put on only NATAL?, when two similar Motion tech are available in the market with great install base.

Meanwhile  Sony is targeting both Casuals and Hardcore with the move, The Move can easily be patched with existing tittles. with Dedicated 21 1st and 2nd Party studios supporting it, Failure isn't an option. Third party dev/publishers are also interested, Lord of the rings which was already slated for the wii is now Coming to the PS3. . .

Sony has tried Motion camera only with the eye toy and have equally tried Motion control only with the sixaxis, they found out they can't work independently . . that's why Move uses both the Playstation Eye and the Motion control. I need triggers, I can be running around thinking my fingers is a GUN. nuts.

Everything Natal can do the Playstation eye can Do except that Natal is 3D, an maybe a little more. . bUT  but,  Natal just got one of or it's processor removed. . . and it eats 30% of the 360 cpu, thats means expect more mediocre games. .

Yet another brainless post from Kosovo.
The Move is an obvious rip-off of Nintendo's Wiimote + nunchuck concept. Just like the Dualshock 1 was outed after Nintendo showed off their N64 pad with a joystick.

kosovo:

360 controller (two triggers, two shoulder buttons, two sticks, d pad, [b]4 colored face buttons in a diamond patter, [/b]stolen from Sony DualShock.

So you admit the Dualshock stole the 4 buttons in a diamond pattern from the Super Nintendo pad, eh?

kosovo:

LMFAO!!! Explain this at once. This is the kind of thing that you say that makes it incredibly obvious that you do no know what you're saying. grin

kosovo:

Everything Natal can do the Playstation eye can Do except that Natal is 3D, an maybe a little more.

You need to read up more of the tech behind the Natal,

kosovo:

and it eats 30% of the 360 cpu, thats means expect more mediocre games. .

yeah, more mediocre games like Mass effect 2, Halo 3, Fable II, Forza Motorsport,

kosovo:

Natal still is in development, Lag will not be a factor for the final release.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by texazzpete(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
kosovo:

This is simply capitalizing on the failure of wiimote.

Yeah, the wii mote is a failure. Which is why the wii has outsold the PS3 by a very wide margin in all markets, and continues to do so with ease. Which is why the underpowered wii sells double the sales of the 360 and PS3 combined.

You're so clueless, it's amusing. Even fanboys need a dose of reality once in a while.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
texazzpete:

The Eyetoy is a glorified webcam. The Wiimote is a motion sensing controller. See the HUGE difference?

Stop arguing like a child. What has when i started gaming to do with this discussion? Does the amount of time you've been gaming make any difference whatsoever to logic?

I started playing games in 1990/1. My first game was Ninja Turtles for the NES.

You seriously started gaming yesterday. That video I posted was that a webcam action? You must be mistaking eyetoy motion controls for your favourite webcam hotties who do what you want on cam at the tip of a dollar, You are the one with bad logic. How could you watch that video and say that wasn't motion sensing? I sorry for you jor!!!
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
Mr. Tex i never expected this from you. . . The Eyetoy is a glorified webcam. shocked shocked

How is motion cam. and a web cam. related?

On Natal's Lag, Microsoft Has already confirmed that, so i do not need a prophet to make me know the finished product will Lag.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by texazzpete(m): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2010
9jaganja:

You seriously started gaming yesterday. That video I posted was that a webcam action? You must be mistaking eyetoy motion controls for your favourite webcam hotties who do what you want on cam at the tip of a dollar, You are the one with bad logic. How could you watch that video and say that wasn't motion sensing? I sorry for you jor!!!

kosovo:

Mr. Tex i never expected this from you. . . The Eyetoy is a glorified webcam. shocked shocked

How is motion cam. and a web cam. related?

See how incomplete your education can be when you do not expand your mind?

The eyetoy could do basic motion tracking - just like any decent webcam can do with the right software installed. Google for motion sensing webcam games, you'll see plenty.

The eyetoy was built for Sony by Logitech, and with the right drivers installed it can and has been used as a standard Windows webcam.

The wii remote and nunchuck have accelerometer, optical and acceleration sensors allowing the device to be used as a precise pointing tool and able to track movement in three dimensions. It is a far more ambitious concept for wireless, non-traditional control than using the original Eyetoy.

Stop being such blind fanboys and listen to someone who knows better for once. Even combined, your knowledge of gaming history - and technology- is no match for mine.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2010
Tex you are good but i am still miles ahead in the gaming industry. . .
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by texazzpete(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2010
kosovo:

Tex you are good but i am still miles ahead in the gaming industry. . .

LOL. We both know that isn't true.
Your 'knowledge' of the gaming industry is fuelled by blind fanboyism. Mine is driven by the urge to learn anything.
You cannot compare
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by BlackRevo: 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
This is the official project natal youtube page so you can see all their videos and demos there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xboxprojectnatal?blend=1&ob=4
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2010
Lol at PS3 Move. A shameless rip-off of the Wiimote. I am surprised that Sony has not been sued yet by Nintendo.

To anybody who likes motion system gaming, go with the true and fun one which is the Wii and just let Sony and it's gimmicks die off.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by vowiski(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
LOL @ Bandit C.
the MOVE is a wiimote ripoff, but Project Natal is not a Glorified Sony Eyetoy?. How Pathetic your statement is.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Bawss1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yo Mr T. y'all just keep this debate coming. Im loving it. grin
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by beejaei: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2010
wtf are we talking about here? Primary six kids playing police-and-thief?
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by alleno: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
This happens to be one of the dumbest post i have seen on nairaland, Who the h*ll is this poster. You posted some dumb silly video on Project Natal and then use some messed up PS(Apple Ads oriented video) for PS and then you just talk rubbish.

If you hate Microsoft, go back to primary school and start learning MAC or LINUX but don't come here hating and talking rubbish without learning or even knowing anything about what something does.

And Mr Kosovo, one would expect that number of post should signify age or maturity in talking and gisting on here but ii have to say, looking at your number of posts and arguments, i am disappointed(at least on this topic).

And if anyone wants to do this post any good, please post sensible videos and let the public decide. My o my, look at the st*pid video the guy posted and he is talking.
IMHO Natal is a dream and its the future, if PS want to show they have balls, lets see more. Not some copy, Wii already does great in that field. Duuuh

And can i please note here that having a PS, Xbox or Wii does not give you Ultimate Knowledge of games. It might be a good idea(even though may not be possible) to give us a collection of your favourite games here before talking so we can better understand you. I would not want t get into an argument with someone who plays only Wii Sports here.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by utotomi50(m): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2010
[size=13pt]LOL[/size]
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2010
@alleno
take your disappointment about my Posts and Bla bla and eat it. .  

You need to get a Nap, seriously, it's not 'cause your Post look so DUMB! I'm posting this, but you REALLY need to find something more creative than wasting your time being a (insert slowpoke[here]). Get some friends and go out with them, 'talk' to people or something. Go to a gym.

You want the Poster to post videos from his closet right? Has Microsoft showed anything with Natal? Microsoft is known for Talking too much while Sony just Go and Deliver.

Until we see what Natal can do at E3, then there is nothing to brag about.

What MOVE can do, neither wiimote nor Natal can do and that is precision, 1:1 motion tracking only possible with the Move, and that's a fact you have to live with weather you like it or not.

You said Sony copied Nintendo wii? But Microsoft Did not copy Sony eyetoy? Pls just GO! and sleep. tsew

I am already tired of typing.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2010
Alleno must be pissed. Microsoft introduced Milo with Natal but later dicharged it cause it wasn't real. They just wanted to get attention. Milo is fake. Microsoft copied eyetoy simple. And Sony has been using motion sensing since the days of PS2 so deal with it. Tex avoided the truth so he can go ahead and call everyone fanboy. You failed boai. You've seen the video of Kinetics it has gloves which is tantamount to wiimote and the game came out before wii. So please!!! Kindly give a bow for hard work.
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2010
Sorry for the little distraction.

On topic,
I think Natal will be great for certain demographic. At this point I see it as more  a "Wii Fit Balance Board" competitor. It will be excellent for fitness games, and I think it will see success there. Outside of that, MS hasn't yet sold me on its use

on the Hardcore Natal is in such a hilarious predicament, it really has the range of doing games like "SWAT HERE" "duck here!" and thats all. Burnout you have to mime a wheel? WHy on earth would you sit with arms extended miming a wheel?
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2010
Who ever watched the Natal Tech Demo at 09 E3, you find out that the red ball game that is referenced in the commercial could be done with playstation eye basically "Move" is Natal and the Wii controller put into one awesome control scheme. cheesy
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 20, 2010
kosovo:

Who ever watched the  Natal Tech Demo at 09 E3, you find out that the red ball game that is referenced in the commercial could be done with playstation eye basically "Move" is Natal and the Wii controller put into one awesome control scheme. cheesy

That has already been done on PS2 in that eyetoy game I posted. That's on PS2. Tex said any webcam with correct drives installed can do what eyetoy does. Really proves how much he knows about tech!!!

Here is a video to show you Natal is a PS2 rip off. Oh and watch when the eyetoy did all that on PS2 2004 was the wii out then? Who is practicing blind fanboyism now? Tex stop being a fanboy and accept Sony started motion sensing and everyother thing Natal aqnd wiimote is doing now.

[flash=480,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gOVj_I5npA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><[/flash]
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by kosovo(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2010
ON NATAL. . .

“I think it is a big idea, if you really want to get involved with playing with a camera, I suggest you go out and buy a $99 PlayStation 2 and play some of the great technology that we invented 8 years ago.”

quotes from Jack Tretton C.E.O and President SCEA. @ yesternight episode of GameTrailersTV with Geoff Keighley
Re: Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos by alleno: 9:35am On Mar 20, 2010
@Kosovo.

I am really surprised. I have always known that some people here are just plain lazy dudes. You obviously are very confused. In reply to my post you have told me to

Get a nap
Find something more creative
get some friends and go out with them
talk to people or something
or go to a gym
and then finally you tell me to just go and sleep because you are already tired of typing. After typing "174" words. Dudes, you are just a plain lazy a**

Pick your lazy "bahind" and type project natal in google, you get ( Results 1 - 10 of about 14,000,000 for project natal. (0.18 seconds) ). You cannot tell me you cannot find a simple video in all of that to post and give a fair trial, than posting some st*pid italian looking woman and man playing with their fingers. You need to realize that spoiling the other person to gain an advantage is a childish affair. Only those who went to school in the days of Okin biscuit and Nasco will understand that.

Dude you are just wrong so wrong. Talking about someone being lazy. Underneath all of your big grammar and internet doctor attitude, i am sure you are just afraid of a challenge. So whenever you are ready, we can start a new post or just easily continue from here.

Now back to the issue. What is it with people and "This person copied this person", It has been happening before you were born(apologies to married old men here), and it will continue to happen till we all die. If Sony copied Sega and Microsoft copied Family Com, deal with it. Who are you to say someone copied someone, were you part of the group sent to copy the idea. How does that affect your bones?

Sony came up with the eyetoy, Microsoft copied them. Really have you really thought about it. If they really did a good job, how come we all don't have an eyetoy on our PS2 boxes now. Plain simple, Microsoft did a better job on that than they could have ever done. If sony is complaining about that, let them come out and say so. They have come out with the Move, if its really a good toy, it should sell itself not spoil someone else idea to give your product an edge.

As far as i am concerned, Sony messed up when they refused to go a step further. Let them keep coming up with ideas for people to steal, maybe thats what they will be remembered for. Microsoft will keep copying and Wii will stay ahead of the game by bring the product out first. Stupid move gadget, looks like a tennis ball on a Wii stick.

@Kosovo, i am waiting for you o!

(1) (Reply)

Would There Ever Be A Hack For Ps3 Running Cech3000 / Play Ludoking Online And Earn Real Money / Ghost Recon Future Soldier - E3 2011 - Nigerian Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.