Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

NIMC Lack Of Competence, Database Management - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NIMC Lack Of Competence, Database Management (1783 Views)

2023 Presidency: GYB Has The Capacity And Competence To Lead - Prof Chris / Killings: ACF Slams Buhari, Northern Governors For Lack Of Empathy / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Lack Of Competence, Database Management by Omooba224: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
My country Nigeria still has a long way to go in terms of technology, flashing back to 2013 when everyone was being advised to enroll for the National Identity performed by the National Identity Management Commission. Being a patriotic Nigerian, I obliged to register as well in which I was given a Printed Slip. In 2016, the commission announced that the permanent National ID cards are available for collection. I proceeded to the NIMC Kwara state office, lo and behold, I was told it wasn't available up till this moment. In 2017, I lost the slip and went down to NIMC office in which I was delayed for a whole day (11am till 1pm when they said there is no server) of which I went the following day, I was told to go and pay #500 into their bank account before it will be printed (how much is it going to cost a government agency to print out #20 worth of paper). Honestly speaking, we are technologically backward. A government agency that fails to provide or give the permanent ID to the citizens is that one a good agency? The government should mandate NIMC to dispatch and distribute the cards to their owners because I don't see any reason it should be withheld..
God bless Nigeria
cc lalasticlala Myndd44 abeg do the needful...
Re: NIMC Lack Of Competence, Database Management by santakris(m): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Same here. I registered in 2014 in Kwara state. I was there to confirm yesterday and was told it's not ready. I pity my dear country.
Re: NIMC Lack Of Competence, Database Management by Omooba224: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
santakris:
Same here. I registered in 2014 in Kwara state. I was there to confirm yesterday and was told it's not ready. I pity my dear country.
Imagine! It seems like nothing is working in Nigeria. By the way, which do you stay in Kwara?
Re: NIMC Lack Of Competence, Database Management by santakris(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
Omooba224:
Imagine! It seems like nothing is working in Nigeria. By the way, which do you stay in Kwara?

Ilorin

(1) (Reply)

Some Rare World War II Photos / Nwa Nwkape Exposed!!! / Major 10 News Update You Need To Know This Thursday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.