Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) (26567 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Distributes Food Items To Mark Its 56th Anniversary / Wike’s Campaign : A Show Of Projects' Force (photos) / Photo Of The Nigerian Air Force Jet That Crashed In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Biety: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
realnas:
these countries you mentioned celebrate ww 2 era weapons by storing them in military museums where the future generation will appreciate them ,you don't see the russians using T 34 tanks to fight their various wars be it in Chechnya or in Syria, you don't see the americans using p54 mustangs to bomb terrorists in Afghanistan Mr man listen the Nigerian defense sector is sicK, it is a sector where corruption and graft is widespread with the sort of financial clout Nigeria has it has no business using outdated helicopters with antiquated avionics.
Here we go again celebrating mediocrity, dasuki had access to two billion dollars rather than utilizing those funds he shared it with Alex badeh, amosu and various crooked contractors leading to the death of thousands of soldiers and civilians alike, if dasuki had used a fraction of that money to buy two hundred t 72 tanks, which wouldn't cost not more than 200 million dollars and 50 attack helicopters and 30 utility helicopter ,we wouldn't be in the quagmire we found ourselves in ,may God help us .
the countries producing weapons don't just sell them because you have money to purchase them, this is why i'm laughing at some of the points in your post. The T72 tanks are produced in russsia and they'll never sell such sophisticated weapon to Nigeria.
Do you even know that few WW2 russian Tanks helped the NA to reclaim many teritories from bokoharam? So it's not a matter of how old but how effective.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by loomer: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
Nigeria like tokumbo sha
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by bisi16(m): 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bell wey America use during Vietnam War na em these 1s just dey wake up to. Naija una way far!
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by FarahAideed: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
iamJ:
I love military women like mad

The lady is the 3rd pix wink add some flesh and i will hunt u down

Officer smiley I have been very naughty kiss

#No Filter Attitude

Kip quiet na konji dey worry you joor
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by realnas(m): 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
Biety:
the countries producing weapons don't just sell them because you have money to purchase them, this is why i'm laughing at some of the points in your post. The T72 tanks are produced in russsia and they'll never sell such sophisticated weapon to Nigeria.
Do you even know that few WW2 russian Tanks helped the NA to reclaim many teritories from bokoharam? So it's not a matter of how old but how effective.
please I will recommend you stop embarrassing yourself with your crass ignorance, how can you say that russia will not sell it's T 72 tank when countries like Bulgaria and Iraq have been using those tanks since the 80s, why won't they sell the tanks to Nigeria? And can you tell the ww2 era tanks that helped nigeria recover it's lost territory?
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Biggie225(m): 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
Shame on Nigeria..

Other civilized nations use this choppers below

Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Duru1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Biety:
even if na somalia war era helicopter we are happy as they'll help us to be more ruthless against terrorist and criminal elements.

The above crap is a true statement from an unenlightened onlooker led by a rapscallion such as Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Duru1(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
9jvirgin:

Even if Nigeria buys United States Airforce 1 Airplane from Trump you will still fault it.

Of course, I will fault the process because Nigeria needs caterpillars and bulldozers to take care of their gutters. This is a country without ordinary good network of roads yet the moronic dingbats want to fly a helicopter. Life is a stage for crying out loud.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by onyedika946(m): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
But this one na 1963 chopper nah. Haba
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by TheKingdom: 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
whateverkay:

Biafra has been silenced

And Nigeria has since been mortgaged...See your quack helicopters that rock throwers can even reach
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Duru1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
Biety:

Are you this slow seriously? Who would want to buy T-72 at this time of age when there are T-84 and T-90? I guess only the goons from Nigeria will want to have such clunker in their arsenal. I can get you a good functional Bell 412 for 4k dollars.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Mckandre(m): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
Is this not the same helicopter that was used in 2nd world War? sad chai. Bring em dey come na more antiques we need... Naija never seize to amaze. Nd here I'm expecting Blackhawk type helicopter.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
stephenduru:
The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on 1 November 2017, inducted a brand new Bell 412 Helicopter into the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). The newly inducted helicopter is one of the 2 handed over to the NAF by the Federal Government earlier this year. Having been in containers for about 2 years as at the time of the handover, the major systems of the 2 helicopters and the surveillance cameras had to be sent to the USA and Canada for overhaul and repairs to restore their airworthiness. The helicopter’s major systems were later reassembled at the NAF’s 631 Aircraft Maintenance Depot (ACMD) Ikeja thereby providing an opportunity for the attachment of NAF engineers and technicians towards further building their technical capacities. The second Bell 412 Helicopter is still undergoing reactivation at 631 ACMD and would be inducted into the NAF immediately after reactivation.

In his keynote address at the induction ceremony, the CAS stated that the new helicopter comes with a surveillance camera and has night capability, amongst other capabilities. He added that the NAF had already trained its pilots, engineers and technicians to operate and maintain the new helicopter. Furthermore, adequate arrangements had been made to ensure the availability of spares and Ground Support Equipment for the Bell 412 Helicopters. Accordingly, he announced that the new helicopter was going to be deployed to the Northeast as part of the efforts to strengthen the counterterrorism campaign. The CAS then thanked Mr President for directing that the forfeited helicopters be transferred to the NAF, adding that it was an eloquent testimony of his commitment to the development of the NAF. Air Marshal Abubakar charged the pilots and engineers to demonstrate competence, proficiency and professionalism as they operate and maintain the new helicopter. He also thanked NAF’s technical partners with respect to the Bell 412 Helicopters, Messrs Africair, and expressed his hope that the partnership would last and be worthwhile. In his earlier welcome address, the Air Officer Commanding Logistics Command, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Ibrahim Yahaya, had commended all the government agencies whose efforts facilitated the successful induction of the Bell Helicopter into the NAF.

The CAS later inspected the Machine Tools/Structure Workshop at 631 ACMD after which he directed the Unit Commander to immediately submit the requirements to make the workshop fully functional to enable the Service derive maximum benefits from it. In addition, he inspected the ongoing efforts to extend the service life of one of the NAF’s C-130H aircraft, which when completed would increase the strategic lift capability of the NAF. Furthermore, he took time to inspect the ATR-42 aircraft, one of the NAF’s Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance platforms, whose engine was undergoing Hot Section Inspection, as being facilitated by Messrs Overland Airways of Nigeria. He added that the decision to engage the local outfit in the maintenance of the ATR-42 aircraft was part of the NAF’s efforts at synergizing with local companies in the fight against insurgency. A recurring feature in all the ongoing aircraft reactivation works was the attachment of NAF engineers and technicians, as part of the NAF leadership’s commitment to human capacity building.

The climax of the induction ceremony was the fly-pass by the newly inducted Bell 412 Helicopter. To the admiration of those present, Air Marshal Abubakar as well as the representatives of the Chief of Army Staff and the Chief of Naval Staff went aboard the helicopter and thus participated in the fly-pass. Meanwhile, immediately upon landing in Lagos, the CAS had earlier paid a condolence visit on the family of late AVM Olufunsho Martins, a retired senior officer, who reportedly died in a road traffic accident on 28 October 2017.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/11/nigerian-air-force-inducts-new-bell-412.html?m=1

As the days go by, it becomes obvious that the Nigeria armed forces will not be able to defeat any serious uprising in nigeria.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by wissenschaften(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
Jakumo:

Your toto detection technology is state of the art, for sure. Most mortals could not have seen that female air force officer so far in the distance in that photograph, but she did not escape your eagle eye.
As in eee...the guy perv bar dey full....na just after I read him comment I come scroll up see the pic...I needed to zoom sef before I saw it was a female. Nigga don grab him Vaseline.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by EKOSuperior(m): 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
The truth is that it was procured by Goodluck Jonathan's government.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
Nigerian military deserves better than a World War 1 aircraft.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by makinde851: 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
Isn't half better than non??.. the B52 as the name implies was made is 1950s and congress funding is gonna keep it active till 2050.. so don't come and say bulll crap.. some military helicopters cost 10 million dollars to acquire and 50 dollar a minute to operate .. that's 3 billion oo for one helicopter .. who cares about 3rd generation technology?? If they do same job?
Duru1:

Bros it is a shame. This is a Vietnam War era helicopter yet these goons are hilariously happy.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
when will they ever buy an attack helicopter?
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Biety: 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
Duru1:

Are you this slow seriously? Who would want to buy T-72 at this time of age when there are T-84 and T-90? I guess only the goons from Nigeria will want to have such clunker in their arsenal. I can get you a good functional Bell 412 for 4k dollars.
There is error in my previous post that says Russia would never sell its T72 tanks to Nigeia as NA has already purchased the Tanks and they are helping against bokoharam. But you are also boring for posting what you know nothing about.
What revealed to me that you also posted out of ignorant is the part of your post that says who would buy Russia T-72 tanks at this time of age . Well
I just did little research and i discovered that serbia, an european country is expecting about 30 T-72 tanks from russia this year, and the upgraded version are still in the servive of most countries across the continent. i.e south Africa, ukraine, Algeria etc.

The T72 Tanks entered production about 40 years ago and they are still being used to fight wars even against terrorists.
Before you post anything again pls do littke research about T72 tank and its operation in our fight against terrorists.

When it comes to weapons of war how old does not matter especially when you don't have internal/ external enemies that pose serious threat to your sovereignthy. Boko haram has been degraded so Bell helicopters are okay since they can kill.
And who is going to sell Bell 412 to you for 4k dollars when you have no affiliation with the miliary? the helicopters are not for civilian as you ignorantly indicate in one of your posts above. They are for millitary use.

1 Like

Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Biety: 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
realnas:
please I will recommend you stop embarrassing yourself with your crass ignorance, how can you say that russia will not sell it's T 72 tank when countries like Bulgaria and Iraq have been using those tanks since the 80s, why won't they sell the tanks to Nigeria? And can you tell the ww2 era tanks that helped nigeria recover it's lost territory?
yea Russia already sold some T72 Tanks to the NA recently. but there is nothing like outdated weapons. Bell 412 might have entered production many years ago, but yet it kills and that is the most important thing.
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by BiggyBamBam: 1:02am On Nov 03, 2017
Red carpet for an helicopter?
So, if they buy 200, they would sacrifice a human being?
Nigeria is finished!!!
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by HOLYDICK(m): 2:27am On Nov 03, 2017
All i can see is that C130 .....rest na wash
Re: Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) by Amgreat1(m): 5:39am On Nov 03, 2017
Please follow nairalanders please can someone educate me on these issues (i) when do they allow newly recruited airmen & airwomen to marry in NAF (i) the first posting is it to their state of ORIGIN or some other state or they must all service in Kaduna (iii) is it true that young airwomen are sex slave for Senior officers. Thanks for ur matured contribution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Set To Declare For Re-Election Tomorrow (Pics) / NAF Puts Up Presidential Aircraft For Sale, Invites Bidders / Ogoniland Declares Independence!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.