Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report (5681 Views)

Should Women Actually Earn The Same Salary As Men? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / What Skill I Can I Learn In 3 Months While I Wait For NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by BakireBulmaker: 7:48am On Nov 03, 2017
armadeo:
Lol.

Story for the gods.

Women get paid as well as men today in many occupations so what's this crso about.

Don't use Nigeria to judge.

Also, far more men earn more.
Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by Lionofdjungle: 8:40am On Nov 03, 2017
Critically speaking, men are supposed to be earning more than women because men have more financial responsibilities than women. Men will take care of the children and wife/wives at home, pay the children's school fees, take care of the in-laws as well as his immediate parents. Whereas, women still look up to their husbands for the family upkeep even if they earn more than their husbands. Men's money is for the whole family but women's money is for them alone. I know some feminists will soon descend on me. I dey wait for una. grin
Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by jobbers: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2017
women already do...no need to wait
Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by DaniDani(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

You forgot to add that they still believe that the MAN should pay the(ir) bills!. So much for EQUALITY

I de tell you. Women want to rob shoulders with men and at the same time want to be considered as vulnerables.
Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2017
DaniDani:

I de tell you. Women want to rob shoulders with men and at the same time want to be considered as vulnerables.
As in,I jst tire for dem.
Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
safarigirl:
Female prostitutes make more money than their male counterparts on the average grin

grin grin grin
Re: Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report by Gerrard59(m): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
Gender pay gap doesn't exist. What exist is wage gap. Generally, women work in sectors that pay less (teachers, nurses, aid workers) compared to men (software engineers, construction workers, investment bankers). Also, men tend to work more hours which further increases their earnings, very few women work long hours. Making men even in the same sector and company earn more than women.

Earnings/Wage gap not equal pay. Women are equally paid as men.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ivvie Should An Electrical Engineer Know How To wire his House? / '5,000 Sacked Teachers In Akwa Ibom To Be Re-absorbed' - The Nation / How To Invest Your First N100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.