|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,625,318 members, 6,122,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 05:30 AM
|Please Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2017|
i am a graduate with 2:1. Ever since I finish my Nysc late last year i have been unable to secure a job. I learnt about baking cake online and i have done up to 10cakes this year.
Recently I have been thinking of learning pastries and improve on my cake decorating skills from professionals.
House please i need advice
1. Is it good for a graduate to venture into something like this because some of my friends are telling me it doesn't befit a graduate but i don't mind venturing into baking cos i love it.
2. Is it a good advice for a graduate to wait for certificate to bring job when you can be doing something before the job comes?
3. Is it advice able i try to go for my masters program instead of this training although there is no money for now but if masters degree can bring job and comfort i can hustle and beg money around in other to obtain the certificate.
If i go for training in catering and baking i have plans of opening my shop in the next six months, i have started buying equipment
It is either i train or try to hustle/ beg around to obtain master degree
Please i am confuse
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by dingbang(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2017|
Pls carry on with what you love doing and not that people want you to do
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2017|
Thanks. Please i need more contribution from people please i am confuse about everything right now
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by 1stfamous(m): 1:31am On Nov 05, 2017|
daplexy1:My baby, follow your heart, there are many masters degree holder that has no job till now, if you know you can make something out of cake, continue it, it does not stop u from applying for a suitable job, it does not also stop u from going for ur masters, but consider your age, as a woman, if you have a good handy work like cake making, you can settle down marritally, and still do masters and still have a good job
.... u are on the right path
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by Smartjob1(f): 1:52am On Nov 05, 2017|
Ask your friends if it is good to be poor because that too doesnt befit a graduate.
Dont worry, you will employ them in 2yrs time. Make them still dey form slay queens. Nanasense!
Need a job? Easy HR solutions? Sign up now www. bejite. com.
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by Blessedgurl(f): 4:12am On Nov 05, 2017|
In life, one either chooses to become an employer or an employee.
Carry on with being a Baker/Pastry Maker.
To your questions;
1. Most of the people you see/read about online are degree holders who set out to become entrepreneurs based on their love for what they enjoy doing. Some who are not graduates either go back for a degree or choose otherwise. Either way they are fulfilled.
2. A job might come sooner than you expected but why be idle when you can be engaged in the period of waiting. "Abi, if you sabi bake cake and do other pastries you nor know say your potential colleagues go become your customers?"
3. Double your hustle for the Masters if that will make you happy. But you can use your cake business to sustain yourself by making stuffs daily and selling to roadside retailers and school vendors like puff-puff, meat pies, fish rolls, cake, buns, egg rolls, etc.
Forget what friends say. You have a bird in hand better make a nice meal out of it or stay hungry when you let it go.
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by Tizzyreal: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2017|
Can you write a news article and earn $100+ per article of 800 to 1000 words?, then check this here
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by Appliedmaths(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2017|
You have what you need to excel, who told you can't run your own pastry establishment and still run a day job busy he side when the time comes? What you need to do now is to master your pastry skills, open your establishment and run things differently thus showing you're a graduate. No time to wait for an office job being idle while you can keep running the pastry programme and keep hope alive.
If you need more business consultations on how to expand your dream, shoot me a PM.
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by mottykings: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2017|
please go for pastry course. am a living testimony. am a business administration graduate without job for years. I later went to study catering and hotel management. am a chef by profession now and that's what bring foods to my table. sincerely am happy with my job.
|Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by henrijin: 5:40am On Nov 08, 2017|
Weigh your options objectively and you will make the right decisions. It's good you can do something with your hands that's fetching you money and plan on expanding. Now, convert what you're doing into a proper business. Not planning early is where most of us failed. You need to package your products properly, set up your accounting and financial policies, marketing and networking, etc. If you need proper advice on your finances, you can email me at email@example.com . I'm not going to charge you anything until you become big. Wish you success in your endeavours.
Who Else Have Been To Powerline Nuclear Resources Interview? / 9mobile Recruitment 2017 | How To Apply For 9mobile Recruitment / Independent Project Monitoring Company Ltd Latest Recruitment (9 Vacant Jobs)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72