Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement (12100 Views)

Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa over Xenophobia attacks / Morocco 'Recalls' Ambassador To Nigeria, Says Nigeria Lied / Moroco Recalls Ambassador In Nigeria Over Presidency Unethical Practices-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Fhemmmy: 4:13am On Mar 20, 2010
ayettymama:

lolz

it looks like some nlers can run nigeria better than the monkeys in charge!!

That is why i love the Political section, cos one could learn a lot
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by jumobi1(m): 4:15am On Mar 20, 2010
Won't the Ambassador vex? They berra re-post him cos he was earning $$
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ayettymama(f): 4:16am On Mar 20, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is why i love the Political section, cos one could learn a lot

youll be suprised ur not the onli one!

i caught linda ikeji quoting a post on nl word for word!!!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Fhemmmy: 4:18am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^^ There are so many others ways he could chop money, besides, i am sure he must have chop enuf money anyways.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Fhemmmy: 4:18am On Mar 20, 2010
ayettymama:

youll be suprised your not the onli one!

i caught linda ikeji quoting a post on nl word for word!!!

U kidding me
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ayettymama(f): 4:19am On Mar 20, 2010
@ post

they are angry because the leader touched some home truths

if the idea of nigeria splitting was soo absurd like most nlers think

why are they shakin from gadafis comments??

we all no the man belongs in an asylum

but like other crazies like fela and bob marley

the man is chattin sum sense!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ayettymama(f): 4:20am On Mar 20, 2010
yeaaaap!

it was the taio cruz stuff

we were chattin on nl

and someone metioned wat he sed in a magazine abt 8 mnths ago!

i dont think its coincidence this woman posted it the following day!

word for word!!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Fhemmmy: 4:23am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^^ That is serious then
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by kaycedwins(f): 5:55am On Mar 20, 2010
Empty threat!!! Why are they so jobless. They should leave the Ambassador. If it was Obama that made the statement ,would they have called the Ambassador of USA? What have done about Nigeria being in the terror list?
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by bagaha: 6:55am On Mar 20, 2010
Gaddafi's statement prove that if Nigeria is divided, oil will never be a problem to the north not only libya saudia syria quwait Qatar UAE and Iran were also on the Opec list. Continue ur agitation for the split of nigeria. Am sure the north will develop after all is oil an indicator of economic development?
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Caporegime(m): 7:04am On Mar 20, 2010
much ado about nothing, why dont these old men stick to destroying this country, duuuh
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by harakiri(m): 7:32am On Mar 20, 2010
The way Nigerians reason continues to beat my imagination.I don't know if it's because of the selfish nature of mankind or because of decades of dehumanizing leadership.Is there anything new or outrageous in what Ghaddafi said? There are some ignoramuses here saying he should have been more "diplomatic" with his words and i wonder, when Hilary came here and outrightly called this country a failure. . .what did you do?When Obama sent sage/indirect messages to Nigeria during his Ghana visit. . .what did you do? Is it because he is an African? Why do Nigerians hate the cold hard truth?Look all around you. . .apart from a little progress in Lagos, do you see any working government?That useless David Mark of a person is making all this noise because of the billions he will lose if Nigeria goes array.If Ghaddafi's comments were dismissive, he wouldn't even bother not to talk of giving press conference.They know what he said is the TRUTH and they think responding in their childish manner will counter what the Libyan leader has said.How long will we continue to live in denial?How many more thousands must die before we face reality?Is it until one or more of your family members die?The selfishness of human beings knows no bounds.There are some ignoramuses here talking about how we need to learn to "live in peace" and "get along". News flash! ! ! The southerners have always done that and the northerners know we are too "diplomatic" to want to retaliate.These killings will never stop until something drastic happens.This country ceased to work a long time ago.It's time we quit deceiving ourselves.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ayettymama(f): 7:42am On Mar 20, 2010
harakiri:

The way Nigerians reason continues to beat my imagination.I don't know if it's because of the selfish nature of mankind or because of decades of dehumanizing leadership.Is there anything new or outrageous in what Ghaddafi said? There are some ignoramuses here saying he should have been more "diplomatic" with his words and i wonder, when Hilary came here and outrightly called this country a failure. . .what did you do?When Obama sent sage/indirect messages to Nigeria during his Ghana visit. . .what did you do? Is it because he is an African? Why do Nigerians hate the cold hard truth?Look all around you. . .apart from a little progress in Lagos, do you see any working government?That useless David Mark of a person is making all this noise because of the billions he will lose if Nigeria goes array.If Ghaddafi's comments were dismissive, he wouldn't even bother not to talk of giving press conference.They know what he said is the TRUTH and they think responding in their childish manner will counter what the Libyan leader has said.How long will we continue to live in denial?How many more thousands must die before we face reality?Is it until one or more of your family members die?The selfishness of human beings knows no bounds.There are some ignoramuses here talking about how we need to learn to "live in peace" and "get along". News flash! ! ! The southerners have always done that and the northerners know we are too "diplomatic" to want to retaliate.These killings will never stop until something drastic happens.This country ceased to work a long time ago.It's time we quit deceiving ourselves.

*standing ovation*

well said love!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by ayettymama(f): 7:46am On Mar 20, 2010
PEOPLE STOP CONDEMMING THOSE POSTING PHOTOGRAPHS

YES THEY ARE GORY AND INHUMANE

LOOK AT IT!!

IMAGINE IF IT WAS YOU!! YOUR MOTHER?? YOUR CHILD?!?

JUST because IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD TO YOU, IT DISTURBS YOU- YOU FEEL SICK LOOKIN AT IT

THIS IS WHAT IS BEING DONE IN NIGERIA

LET THE WORLD SEE IT LET THE GOV.T BE PUT TO SHAME!!!!!

IF U HIDE IT- YOUR HELPING THE GOVT HIDE THIER FAILURES

EXPOSE THE SOB'S WHO SIT COMFORTABLY IN ABUJA FOR WHAT THEY ARE REALLY DOING!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by harakiri(m): 8:11am On Mar 20, 2010
ayettymama:

PEOPLE STOP CONDEMMING THOSE POSTING PHOTOGRAPHS

YES THEY ARE GORY AND INHUMANE

LOOK AT IT!!

IMAGINE IF IT WAS YOU!! YOUR MOTHER?? YOUR CHILD?!?

JUST because IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD TO YOU, IT DISTURBS YOU- YOU FEEL SICK LOOKIN AT IT

THIS IS WHAT IS BEING DONE IN NIGERIA

LET THE WORLD SEE IT LET THE GOV.T BE PUT TO SHAME!!!!!

IF U HIDE IT- YOUR HELPING THE GOVT HIDE THIER FAILURES

EXPOSE THE SOB'S WHO SIT COMFORTABLY IN ABUJA FOR WHAT THEY ARE REALLY DOING!

Actually, it was the negative responses to the photographs that got me thinking.Nigerians have a culture of covering feaces with perfume.Rather than address the truth, they prefer to beat about the bush.The people talking trash on this thread have no one in that area and they cannot be bothered.The best they can do is empathize.They are probably thinking of what will happen to their investments if this country breaks up.This reminds me of what my mom told me as a teenager :

"Human beings are born with selfishness bound in their hearts.Human beings only respond to matters that concern them". . .(RIP mom)
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by monkeyleg: 8:36am On Mar 20, 2010
@ harakiri and ayettymama,

Una talk true. Look at my past post on this topic. I have said exactly the same thing. We have started displaying the exact same charactaristics that has prevented Nigeria from moving forward.

In as much as I believe somewhere that a 1 Nigeria my be good, the bare fact facing me is that it is not working as a country. I am not agitating for a break up, but I am facing the simple truth.

The question I ask is what are we currently benefiting from having a UNITED Nigeria? what? what are we getting out of it? Let someone please point me in the right direction, please show me 1 reason, why we are still locked in this loveless marriage called Nigeria. I need 1 reason.

Is it Peace? there is no peace, the Natives are very restless.

In my opinion, GJ has 2 possible tasks that will make him go down in history as a good leader. 1: Give us a free, fair and credible election, 2: Organise NSC, we must all agree how we intend to leave with each other. If he can archive either one, then he has done well
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by cvibe: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2010
Libya is a country just across the Mediterranean (like Lagos mainland to Lagos Island) from where you can see the bright lights of Spain.  Yet i have never heard that Libyans were caught or rescued trying to enter Spain as illegal immigrants on canoes.

He sure must be doing something right in his country not to be making her Citizens want to run to Spain.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by harakiri(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2010
cvibe:

Libya is a country just across the Mediterranean (like Lagos mainland to Lagos Island) from where you can see the bright lights of Spain.  Yet i have never heard that Libyans were caught or rescued trying to enter Spain as illegal immigrants on canoes.

He sure must be doing something right in his country not to be making her Citizens want to run to Spain.

Thank you very much for point that out.I'm sure the ignoramuses on this thread wouldn't take cognisance of that fact. Nigerians flee this country to do manual labor in Ghaddafi's country.His people are happy with him else they would have brought him down.The media portrays him as a tyrant but his people worship the ground he walks on.Surely, he must be doing something right.The likes of David Mark are not worthy of polishing Ghaddafi's shoes!

Period!
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by harakiri(m): 8:56am On Mar 20, 2010
monkeyleg:

@ harakiri and ayettymama,

Una talk true. Look at my past post on this topic. I have said exactly the same thing. We have started displaying the exact same charactaristics that has prevented Nigeria from moving forward.

In as much as I believe somewhere that a 1 Nigeria my be good, the bare fact facing me is that it is not working as a country. I am not agitating for a break up, but I am facing the simple truth.

The question I ask is what are we currently benefiting from having a UNITED Nigeria? what? what are we getting out of it? Let someone please point me in the right direction, please show me 1 reason, why we are still locked in this loveless marriage called Nigeria. I need 1 reason.

Is it Peace? there is no peace, the Natives are very restless.

In my opinion, GJ has 2 possible tasks that will make him go down in history as a good leader. 1: Give us a free, fair and credible election, 2: Organise NSC, we must all agree how we intend to leave with each other. If he can archive either one, then he has done well

The bolded part could be classified as "mission impossible" considering the circumstances with which he got there and the platform on which he stands but all the same, make we sidon dey look grin
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 20, 2010
^^ i do wish you people could stop sounding so daft.

The reason you dont hear libyans complaining like you on the internet is because libya monitors the web.

any libyan citizen who falls into Ghadaffi's trap knows he or she will never forget the experience, should they survive to tell it.

sheesh- I tire for all these professional moaners.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by cvibe: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2010
@ Tpia,

Stop sounding daft! When have you heard on UK media, or Spanish media that Libyans were caught as illegal immigrants?
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by harakiri(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2010
tpia.:

^^ i do wish you people could stop sounding so daft.

The reason you dont hear libyans complaining like you on the internet is because libya monitors the web.

any libyan citizen who falls into Ghadaffi's trap knows he or she will never forget the experience, should they survive to tell it.

sheesh- I tire for all these professional moaners.

China also monitors the web and they take "treason" seriously.That is NOT the onus of my postings.What we are talking about is the progress of the nation in question.If Libya is as bad as the media portrays it, why are Nigerians there? Look at China.There is nothing like freedom of speech there and yet. . .they are the most powerful economy in the world today.It's progress we are talking about here. . .not leader favoritism.Get back to the topic of the thread and quit your ecstatic moaning. . .
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by harakiri(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2010
cvibe:

@ Tpia,

Stop sounding daft! When have you heard on UK media, or Spanish media that Libyans were caught as illegal immigrants?

Abeg, help me tell am.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by hackney(m): 9:34am On Mar 20, 2010
The truth is that other leaders have the temerity to make comments
about Nigerians willy-nilly because nobody takes nigeria seriously.

Who will blame them considering all the unbelieveable nonsense happening in nigeria.
The fact is that most countries regard nigeria as rubbish with views that dont count
in the international community.

Of what use is nigeria to any other country?
(apart from our citizens scurrying around other countries like rat infestations).
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Nescoemmy(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2010
this is just the beginning very soon what the man said will be a reality.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by monkeyleg: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2010
@harakiri,

I agree that the bolded points look like mission impossible, but at least it gives us something to aim at. Let us stop bashing Gadaffi and come back to the serious issues of the day. Nigeria is in serious trouble, no matter how anyone would like to paint the image. And Nigerians are failing to understand the depth of our problems.

Should we really be arguing about Gadaffi's comments, or looking for a way to stop the killings in Jos or any other part of the country, should we not be addressing that fact that after almost 50yrs of independence we still cannot define our country ans a functioning entity. We cannot seem to do anything right. Charity they say begins at home.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by BOMANY: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2010
After the Separation, The Niger Delta Will ask too for separation, so we will have Niger Delta where the Ijaws will fight other tribes who will ask for separation, then the Igbo, at the end we will have at least 3 or 4 new tiny weak countries, and the fight will go through higher stage. And another operation will start to divide the divided

Then countries like Cameron, Ghana Cote D'Voire  and Senegal will be bigger and some of those new tiny countries will run to them asking for support, even some will run to Hausa Land and Yoruba Land for support

At then countries like Togo and Benin will be more stable than us and more attractive to investors including Nigerian businessmen who will run to them

Any one propagandize for separation is just following his devil
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by BOMANY: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2010
monkeyleg:

@harakiri,

Should we really be arguing about Gadaffi's comments, or looking for a way to stop the killings in Jos or any other part of the country, . Charity they say begins at home.

Now we are talking. The problem MAINLY is JOS. We need to study the case and address it very well and put lasting solution. It is not only Muslims are killing Christians but also Christians are killing Muslims. It is two ways devil road
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by remimartin(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2010
wrong move
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by Saruman: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2010
I say again TOUCHE!
Nigeria was never a nation of like minded collectives and its obvious we will never be.
The unworded question since 1970 is what Ghaddafi has spelt out for us now; when will we go our individual ways and find our common denominators?
We can recall anything we like but not the thousands of Nigerians queuing up at the various embassies to get away from the morass of this nation. Its obvious now that our major export aside crude oil is "Illegal immigrants".
A friend once told me that he looked up the meaning of 'HOME" in the Advanced Learners Dictionary and the definition does not fit Nigeria for him. I was unfortunate to visit a Nigerian Embassy abroad once when I had a problem and the guy kept asking me which part of Nigeria I am from before he could even attend to what was my problem and eventually he did nothing.There and then, it dawned on me that Nigeria will never be a country; its more like a balkanized disaster waiting to happen and if the trends of the present continues. It will happen and there is no denying it.
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by styles2009: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2010
Ghadaffi again?

Please someone ask this man, why is he interested in Nigeria's affairs? His friend Abacha is dead,so he should fkuc off big time, as for his utterance, How many of you want Nigeria to divide? 

Hey, we could work it out with SNC but no president have the balls to initiate it.

Styles
Re: Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement by mezie4u(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2010
Mark said gadaffi is a mad man. how is he a mad? because he said the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASS Leadership: Kalu Meets With Lawan / Lai Muhammed Loyalists Dump APC For SDP In Kwara / PHOTOS! Meet The World Hottest And Sexiest Twins & They Are Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.