Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) (446 Views)

2 Ritualists Caught With A Corpse In Ijebu, Brutalized By Vigilante (Graphic Pic / "Soldiers Led Fulani Herdsmen To Attack Us" - Benue People Accuse Army (Photos) / How My Brother Was Killed By SARS - Twitter User Narrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
As Shared by a facebook user Solomon Buchi Bartholomew

Today's the ugliest day of my life. I experienced a firsthand experience of the impish brutality of The Nigerian Army.

On our way to Abuja, we reached Enugu state. I was dozing off when I felt a swift wavering of our bus, and a sound like it scratched another vehicle. I woke abruptly, everyone was just shouting ‘Jesus’ in the bus.

I realised the driver and an incoming vehicle scratched themselves with speed. Who was at fault?
I honestly don't know.

But then, after 5 minutes, I noticed a red car overtook us with speed and parked. Wanted angrily at our driver. Our driver parked. They jumped off approaching our driver and gave him a blow. He retorted with a blow too.

Immediately these two men ran into the car and opened their bags and removed their army camo and hurriedly wore it, and furiously ran towards our driver to fight him.

These men were army men. They began beating our driver. Every passenger humped off the bus including me, to help our driver and settle the scores. They blew him. Used a pipe and picked things to hit him.

A scene was created such that traffic was dull. We were begging the army men but they got more angry. They got the bus key from him. And threatened to deal with him.

Long story.

But I brought out my phone to stop the music I was playing through my earphones in the bus before this happened. One of the army men approached me and gave me a double palmed slap, swept me off my feet with a kick. I began bleeding through my nose. He collected my phone immediately, saying I was videoing them. He slapped me again.

I kept yelling:
“Oga, I no bin dey video una. Check the phone.”

He was still brutal to me.

Threw my phone to his colleague. The phone hit badly on the floor and his colleague picked it. That one wanted to start brutalising me.

I kept pleading that I wasn't videoing them, which I honestly wasn't.

They left with the car key and my phone. Minutes later, the Hausa man who drove them came around and asked us to go meet them down the road, and beg them.

Beg for what?
Gosh!

Someone seized my phone just because he's meant to protect to me. Brutalised me. Innit ironic?

We took a keke and went down there. The driver kept begging them with the intervention of a highly placed woman who was driving pass but decided to intercede.

One of the army men; the one who first brutalised me told me that if this happened in a more remote area, he would have beaten myself and the driver to coma and shoot us dead and nobody would do anything.

That I should thank heavens they weren't with weapons.

The other one kept bragging:

“Una mama. We wey don do bad thing. We for carry this car go burn. Kill una. We don do bad thing, no be today.”

Don't tell me it was a joke. As he said those words, I saw horror in his eyes. Those men are evil.

After much pleading by the highly placed woman. He decided that he'd check my phone. If he sees any image or video of the scene, he'd not give me back the phone. He checked the phone and saw nothing and gave back to me.

Screen shattered!
They destroyed my phone.

The other army men said he won't give the car key to the driver unless he repaired his tablet; claiming the screen got damaged when he was running down the car.

After long story. He gave them some money. They released the key to him.

Phew.

I've never felt the feel now in a long time. I'm afraid for Nigeria. This is not where I belong. Honestly. Imagine an army men telling me that if it were in a remote area, he'd have shot me dead.

And we say we stay in a lawful country?

I'm honestly traumatised. I need to hibernate.

I call on the federal government of this country to look into the brutality and bestiality executed by army men. It's so fearful to live at the mercies of those meant to protect us.

Last week a policeman raped a minor. Today I was brutalised by an army man.

I'd appreciate if this post goes viral. Authorities should get this!

Everything I wrote here happened at Mike Lake Resort Road by Tonia and Steve Pharmacy, Enugu.

Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
That's why I do not pity any uniformed personnel looking for help after they've done bad.

Like that man crying of being neglected few days ago.

When karma strikes, let her have her full course
Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
It's painful........these milritary personnel starts thinking through their anus the moment they put that smelly uniform on....
Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
That's why I do not pity any uniformed personnel looking for help after they've done bad.

Like that man crying of being neglected few days ago.

When karma strikes, let her have her full course

In life you get what you give. It don't cost a thing to be nice.

1 Like

Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
We Nigerians gan sometimes are the cause, be giving them useless morale and making them feel like gods, that's how one idiot was justifying their stupidity in the bus the other day
Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 04, 2017
You wan go slap Army Man

Even Your Ancestors go desert you.
Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by seniorgozman(m): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2017
Very bad, check my signature if you want to be a millionaire before December
Re: A Facebook User Narrates How He Was Brutalized By The Nigerian Army(photos) by fuckpro: 7:47am On Nov 04, 2017
...actually this is what the citizens of Nigeria deserves 100% ... when a particular section of the country was clamoring for a revaluation of nationhood you all spit at them that they were terrorist...well my prayer is every Nigerian that was part of that unholy alliance should've own taste of military brutality and without getting justice ...so enjoy the 'dance' there is more were that came from

(1) (Reply)

26 People Killed And 20 Wounded In Shooting At Texas Church (photo) / Fresh Yaba-tech Graduate Commits Suicide Minutes After Notifying Friends, Family / Man Sent By Sister To Kidnap Set Of Twins Caught This Morning At Egbeda, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.