Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu (903 Views)

Ba’a Idirisa Killed! Muhammed Yusuf's Son's Death Divides Boko Haram / Bola Tinubu Discloses Cause Of Son’s Death / Jide Tinubu: Nigerians Criticize Obaseki Over Statement On Tinubu's Son Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by Wizmike111(m): 6:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Apc stalwart,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has said thanks to Nigerians for their show of worry over the death of his eldest child, Jide.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-bXW4u_Hrauw/Wf1CdvplxpI/AAAAAAAALRM/6U9v8k9euzsaTkP-jSfvCPHKGD3otfpawCLcBGAs/s1600/images%2B%25285%2529.jpg[/img]

Thirty-seven-year old Jide passed on of heart failure in Lagos on Wednesday, following which sympathy messages filled the APC chieftain's home from President Muhammadu Buhari, state governors, clergymen and the all inclusive statement of Nigerians.

Thinking about his child's demise and the sensitivity it produced from Nigerians in an announcement he by and by marked yesterday, Tinubu, for the benefit of the family, communicated "profound gratefulness to all who have exhibited their sensitivity and communicated their sympathies over the loss of our eldest child."

He said: “I want to especially thank President Muhammadu Buhari, VP (Vice President) Yemi Osinbajo, the state governors, distinguished senators, particularly Senate President Bukola Saraki, members of the House of Representatives, APC leaders and members and, indeed, all Nigerians.

“I thank the traditional rulers for their display of support.”
Tinubu said the public reaction to his son’s death had taught him that Nigerians could be “a people of profound love and humanity.”

He said: “We must seek a lesson in every loss. Your reaction to my son’s passing has taught me that we can be a people of profound love and humanity when we want to be.

“People of every tribe, region, faith and every political affiliation have expressed their sympathy and extended to me the embrace of a brother or sister.

“Even those who don’t agree with me politically have shown strong support and care indistinguishable from that of my associates.

“This says so much about the innate goodness in all of us. For no matter what, we are not foes or enemies. We are all of one human stock, a single nation, one family.”
“I thank the traditional rulers for their display of support.”

Tinubu said the public reaction to his son’s death had taught him that Nigerians could be “a people of profound love and humanity.”

He said: “We must seek a lesson in every loss. Your reaction to my son’s passing has taught me that we can be a people of profound love and humanity when we want to be.

“People of every tribe, region, faith and every political affiliation have expressed their sympathy and extended to me the embrace of a brother or sister.

“Even those who don’t agree with me politically have shown strong support and care indistinguishable from that of my associates.

“This says so much about the innate goodness in all of us. For no matter what, we are not foes or enemies. We are all of one human stock, a single nation, one family.”
He described his deceased son as a highly intelligent person with a vibrant personality and zest for life, who followed his own course and made his own way on his own terms.

He said: “Those who knew him could not help but like him. Yet, he was taken away by cardiac arrest when it seemed he had so much life to still live.
“This is a reminder that we must live each day to its best, as none of us know when our last day shall be.

“Mortality comes upon us all. We have no choice in that. But we do have a choice whether we shall be good or bad, just or unjust.
“Let us all strive toward the best in ourselves.

“Jide lived for so long in London, and there he has left behind a darling wife and three precious boys.
“My wife Remi and I have gone to London to be with them at this painful time to support and help them.
“Please excuse our absence from Lagos for a while, but it is essential that we are with them.

“Prayers are being offered and will continue to be offered for the repose of his soul.
“I have suffered a grave loss that no parent would like to bear.

“As a father, I must spend time putting my arms around the family he has left behind.

“I wish I could bring my son back but I cannot.
“However, what I can do is to be more caring and helpful to the living as I know this is what Jide would want to become of his passing.

“Let us all take a lesson from this and think a bit more about our fellow man, our neighbor, our fellow Nigeria.
“"Give us a chance to live as we were intended to live with each other in more noteworthy peace, sympathy and love.

"In the event that no one but this can happen, I know my child will be cheerful.

"Once more, as we are far from Lagos, we thank you for the love you have appeared and ask that you demonstrate it to us as well as to each other.

“Thank you and God bless you all.”

Source: https://www.naijcrackgist.com.ng/2017/11/my-son-death-taught-me-a-Lesson-Tinubu.html?m=1
Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by Samsimple(m): 6:31am On Nov 04, 2017
How will it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his son
Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by olasaad(f): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2017
Eaya but not only you sir, it apply to every parent who had lost a child.

And the first lesson is that you will lose interest in this life and always afraid of losing another child.

And the prayers will be"pls God don't let me witness this kind of catastrophe again in my life time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Turenchi.... Where you not the one who brought this problem in Aso Rock to power? And still plotting to retain him? The system created by you and your ilks consumed your boy. Take heart

However learn to speak against evils like Fulani herdsmen's rampages...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by Coffin4Sale: 8:31am On Nov 04, 2017
K
Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by Coffin4Sale: 8:44am On Nov 04, 2017
Let me break it down;------

babadee had a good exon mobile job, boys enjoyed with faf bellies till mama bleeching crream booted the boys mom by application of some bleaching cream+juju.

Though Boys had best of education but that does not translate to wealth generation. Had to come back cap in hand to beg for crumbs from Olujagabinn.
Boys gets 1yr + Exon mobil contract, but quickly returns to square 1, so has been patching and thinking too much ever since then that busted the blocked vain.

Or ignor the above and simply say APC Must have a 2019 Political Antelope

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by dan9ice(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2017
You they ever learn? If i hear say u learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son’s Death Taught Me A Lesson - Tinubu by Rmxr: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2017
hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE: Results From Anambra Election / Mbaka Reveals Why Atiku Should Be Nigeria’s Next President / Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.