Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia (792 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu's House In Afaraukwu, Umuahia Ahead Of Parents' Burial / Onnoghen’s Trial, Proof Of Deeper Rot In Judiciary – SANs / Omoyele Sowore Exposes Rot In Yaba Train Station, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by guideman: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
I used to be a strong believer in the Nigerian police being your friend. But my experience few weeks ago has made me think otherwise. I went to the Central police station Umuahia to report incessant robberies around my place of business every night. The DPO mandated the head of a particular patrol team to make sure that they are on duty in that location every night . The police officer then told me to meet the driver of his patrol van and give him my details. The driver (a Sergent) collected my names ,phone number, and the address of the place I do business . These I gave him and he assured that they will be on duty every night starting from that very day being a Friday.
To my greatest surprise ,my place of business I gave the address to them was burgled that same night . I called the driver of the patrol van whom I had his phone number and told him what happened. All that he could say was to ask me if I suspected anyone. I told him no because I was sleeping with my two eyes closed hoping that they were on duty as directed by the DPO. Three days later ,some policemen came to us, telling us that they had in their custody a boy that had confessed to be part of the gang that robbed our building. When we got to the police station, we parted with the usual and they told us that the boy confessed that all the goods they stole were kept in the house of the daughter of one JoeKing and that they will go and search her house.
To our greatest surprise, the police went and arrested the woman after we've left. When the police went to search her house, they informed us that they found nothing which contradicts the statement of the suspect they have in their custody.
This was an indication that the police deliberately busted this operation for reasons best known to them and denying us the opportunity to recover our stolen goods, despite all the money they collected from us.
Is it an overstatement to conclude that the police in Umuahia are colluding with these criminal elements to perpetrate crime in Umuahia.
Please IGP and AIG ,do something about this and come to our rescue.
Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by NwaAmaikpe: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
shocked

This is nothing compared to the unimaginable, unprintable things that occur at the Police stations in Ubakala, Ehimiri Housing Estate and Umuopara.

The police there hire people to implicate individuals in fictitious crimes.
They terrorize the female nursing students even at night and accuse village youths.

The police at Bende will arrest a teenager for loitering at night and by the next week he is paraded before pressmen as a criminal who admitted and confessed to killing Mungo Park

I have absolutely no faith in the police and you were overly optimistic to have some faith in them.

How does one explain it that he visits a high ranking police officer and they begin to say, "Oga you no wan give us case".

Such a shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by ifyalways(f): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
guideman:
I used to be a strong believer in the Nigerian police being your friend. But my experience few weeks ago has made me think otherwise. I went to the Central police station Umuahia to report incessant robberies around my place of business every night. The DPO mandated the head of a particular patrol team to make sure that they are on duty in that location every night . The police officer then told me to meet the driver of his patrol van and give him my details. The driver (a Sergent) collected my names ,phone number, and the address of the place I do business . These I gave him and he assured that they will be on duty every night starting from that very day being a Friday.
To my greatest surprise ,my place of business I gave the address to them was burgled that same night . I called the driver of the patrol van whom I had his phone number and told him what happened. All that he could say was to ask me if I suspected anyone. I told him no because I was sleeping with my two eyes closed hoping that they were on duty as directed by the DPO. Three days later ,some policemen came to us, telling us that they had in their custody a boy that had confessed to be part of the gang that robbed our building. When we got to the police station, we parted with the usual and they told us that the boy confessed that all the goods they stole were kept in the house of the daughter of one Joe king and that they will go and search her house.
To our greatest surprise, the police went and arrested the woman after we've left. When the police went to search her house, they informed us that they found nothing which contradicts the statement of the suspect they have in their custody.
This was an indication that the police deliberately busted this operation for reasons best known to them and denying us the opportunity to recover our stolen goods, despite all the money they collected from us.
Is it an overstatement to conclude that the police in Umuahia are colluding with these criminal elements to perpetrate crime in Umuahia.
Please IGP and AIG ,do something about this and come to our rescue.
@Emboldened, please do you mean Jor king Jaquar of Arochukwu street? That Niagga still alive?
Won't be surprised it turns out to be his daughter. Him, wife and ALL his kids are crooks. Chai, I miss Umuahia. Nwanyi Anu Ohia joint cheesy
Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
IG sef
Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by guideman: 9:31am On Nov 05, 2017
The nigga is dead long time ago but it appears that his children are more notorious and the police is aware of this. I think the police is in a better position to explain to us the activities of this people.
ifyalways:

@Emboldened, please do you mean Jor king Jaquar of Arochukwu street? That Niagga still alive?
Won't be surprised it turns out to be his daughter. Him, wife and ALL his kids are crooks. Chai, I miss Umuahia. Nwanyi Anu Ohia joint cheesy
Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by otokx(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2017
It is not easy doing business in Nigeria especially in some particular areas.
Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by otokx(m): 10:08am On Nov 05, 2017
When armed robbers started disturbing our area, we had to call a meeting and then for like 2 months hired Hausa guys to secure the place.

Within that 2 months, the criminals were exposed and they were friends of some useless boys staying in the area.

Don't you guys have an association with a "Chairman" and "CSO"?

The police is still your friend but they need motivation and charge.
Re: The Rot In Central Police Station Umuahia by guideman: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
A police officer secretly advised us to go for a private security guard and that's what we've done for now. It appears that the criminal elements within the force are frustrating every effort to protect life and property.
otokx:
When armed robbers started disturbing our area, we had to call a meeting and then for like 2 months hired Hausa guys to secure the place.

Within that 2 months, the criminals were exposed and they were friends of some useless boys staying in the area.

Don't you guys have an association with a "Chairman" and "CSO"?

The police is still your friend but they need motivation and charge.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth, Beware Of Obj And Babangida / Biafra Sit-at-home:soldiers Allegedly Shoot Man Dead In Aba(photos) / The Water Resources Bill In The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.