Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

5 Challenges And Strengths Of A Multipotentialite. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Challenges And Strengths Of A Multipotentialite. (602 Views)

Using Ai-powered Assessment Tools To Identify Your Strengths And Weaknesses / 5 Challenges Faced By Aspiring Students Wishing To Study In Benin Republic… / 5 Strategies For Academic Success : Using Your Strengths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Challenges And Strengths Of A Multipotentialite. by graciousolo(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
I must have presented multipotentiality in such a positive light on my last post (https://www.nairaland.com/4144224/multipotentialite I don't know why lalasticlala and, mynd44 didn't push it to fp I think it's worth it) that some of my readers tried to make a title out of it. Well, I'm sorry it's not rather, it is a personality trait and, like most personality traits it can be advantageous if well understood and, managed but, it will have adverse effects on the individuals life if the reverse was the case.

For the sake of better understanding I will outline the positive and, negative sides of being a multipotentialite. To a multipotentialite this is not news but, you probably haven't given it thought in this direction.

I hope this helps you manage yourself better.

Challenges and advantages of being a multipod.

1. People consider you unserious. Basically due to the fact that you get bored easily with things and, will stop or change a career path or job more often than usual.

2. You feel helpless and, isolated. It is normal for people to feel isolated if they are going through situations that they have little or no information about.

3. Pressure to conform and, stick to one true calling. When the society requires something of us we find ourselves trying to be like others. You struggle to stay on a job even if it has become very boring there.

4. People think you are better at giving advice than taking them. This happens because you know something about everything and, seem to know the best advice to render to a person in need of one no matter the situation they are in.

5. You find it difficult getting to the top of any particular career because of the frequent switch of careers. This could also lead to financial difficulties.

The above may be true for most multipotentialites(remember the purpose of this post is to outline our challenges so, that we can manage them better) but on the flip side, there are several upsides to being a multipotentialite.

'We give our everything to every new adventure. We dedicate ourselves fully to each new endeavor. We bring vast, unparalleled experience to each position. "Thinking outside the box" is our whole approach- we don't even know what 'the box' is. At some pint we may come to recognize the pattern, and use it to our advantage - we have five years to learn, accomplish, and change everything we can (we tend to succeed).'
Emily Anderson.

From the above quote I will outline a few points and, more.

1. There's so much drive to achieve at a new venture. We come in with a goal in mind and work speedily to achieve it. It's sometimes harder for people to catch up.

2. We pick new skills easily, which can be transferable.

3. We come in with a broad and, 'out-of-the-box' mindset due to periods spent at intersections. This means we are creative and, innovative.

4. We have friends/network in diverse fields.

5. We can hold almost all kinds of conversations...because we have interests almost everywhere.

'Try to look at your weaknesses and, convert it to strength. That's success'

Zig Ziglar

Being a multipotentialite feels like more strength than weakness.

I will like to read from you, tell me your challenges and, strengths.

solomonsarea./2017/11/05/5-challenges-and-strengths-of-a-multipotentialite/

(1) (Reply)

Gurus In The House? Please Help? / Professional GRE, GMAT And SAT Executive Home Tutor / 6 Categories Of Jambites That May Fail Jamb 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.