Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes (533 Views)

I Have Been Receiving Disturbing Messages From This Number. I Need Your Advice. / The Containers Containing Expired Rice That Customs Seized At The Port - Photos / Sacrifice Containing The Picture Of A White Lady, Dropped At A Junction In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes by VeeInsider: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2017
‘I made this item you are going to buy, but I didn’t get paid for it’ - Unpaid Turkish Workers Leave Depressing Message For Shoppers in Clothes Tags
Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/blog/made-item-going-buy-didnt-get-paid-unpaid-turkish-workers-leave-depressing-message-shoppers-clothes-tags/

Shoppers at Zara found some unusual tags on their garments: put there by Turkish workers complaining they're being exploited.

‘I made this item you are going to buy, but I didn’t get paid for it,’ the tags would read.

The tag calls on the shoppers to pressure Zara into paying them and support their campaign.

The tags say the workers were employed by Bravo, which closed down overnight.

The unpaid workers say the manufacturer owes them three months of pay as well as severance allowance.

A change.org petition claiming to be from the Turkish textile workers has received more than 18,000 signatures as they try to highlight their plight.

The petition reads: "We are textile workers in Turkey who have been working for years to make profits for brands such as Inditex (Zara), Next, and Mango.

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/blog/made-item-going-buy-didnt-get-paid-unpaid-turkish-workers-leave-depressing-message-shoppers-clothes-tags/

"We produced their products under close surveillance by the brands and saw the power the brands wield to ensure their working standards are followed by their supplier factories."

The petition added: "We made these brands’ products with our own hands, earning huge profits for them.

"We demand now that these brands give us the basic respect to compensate us for our labour.

"We demand no more than our basic rights! We call on the international community to support our struggle, sign and share to support our campaign!"

Inditex, which owns Zara, did not immediately respond to questions from the AP.

1 Share

Re: Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes by jdluv(f): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
Veryunfair
Re: Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes by DuchessLily(f): 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hmmm... So its not only in Naija

Zara pay up ooo
Re: Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes by Greyworld: 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
DuchessLily:
Hmmm... So its not only in Naija
Zara pay up ooo
9ja is jst a scape goat
Re: Unpaid Workers Add Tags Containing Disturbing Messages To Clothes by VeeInsider: 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
jdluv:
Veryunfair

(1) (Reply)

A Police Officer Spotted Beating A Bike Man On The Street Over #50 / My Life Is In Danger -mko’s Son Cries Out, As Fresh Crisis Rocks Family / Boko Haram Terrorist From South East Arrested In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.