Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria (2024 Views)

Troops Recovers Large Cache Of Arms And Ammunitions At Gursum (photos) / Troops Recover Large Cache Of Arms, Ammunitions / Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
Police seize truck load of ammunition
19 March, 2010 04:25:00 LUKKEY ABAWURU and STEVE OKO, Umuahia

DETECTIVES from Federal Anti Robbery Squad (FARS), Adeniji Adele, Lagos have intercepted truck load of arms and ammunition worth over N12 million.

Also four persons who allegedly imported the ammunition have been arrested. They are being detained by FARS at Adeniji Adele.

Daily Champion gathered that the over 100,000 rounds of ammunition were en route to Onitsha in Anambra State before policemen, acting on a tip off, intercepted a Leyland truck with registration XD749AAA conveying the lethal AA and BB live cartridges at Shaki, a boarder town between Oyo and Benin Republic.

Displaying the ammunition before newsmen at Adeniji Adele, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) in charge of Investigations, Mr. Isreal Ajao said a notorious gun dealer, Mr. Martins Anokwara, a native of Uga in Anambra state allegedly imported the ammunition from an undisclosed neighbouring country. He gave the names of other members of the syndicates as Kolawale Moshhod, Rafiu Akanji and Rafiu Isola.

The DIG said the suspects concealed the ammunition inside 32 wielded metal drums and cartons of various sizes, packaged, covered and disguised under sacks containing charcoal bags in the upper layer of the truck.

Ajao, a former commissioner of police in Lagos said luck ran out of the suspects when policemen who hitherto laid ambush at the border town of Shaki confronted them.

He said: "The effort to rid the society of dangerous weapons as well as arms and ammunition into the country paid off last week through the intelligence led strategy encouraged by the FARS, displayed gallantry by arresting four men who masterminded the importation of 100.000 cat ridges.

"Policemen who laid ambush for them at Ayo area of Shaki flagged down the driver, Raifu Akanji and his motor boy, Rafiu Isola were both apprehended. They led police to where the dealer was and he was arrested. Kolawale escaped during operation but was later nabbed."

He said the truck and the suspects were later brought to Lagos for further verification. When the truck was searched, a serviceable Bereta pistol with no 852665 with 55 rounds of ammunition was also discovered in a black hand bag concealed in one of the metal drums.’’

Akao added that the men of FARS deployed to Idiroko border also arrested car snatchers who were attempting to cross alleged stolen cars from Nigeria to Republic of Benin.
http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=29411

Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
must be in preparation for the coming secession.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^^^^
Are the Yoruba seceeding too? A beg jist me; I have not been current grin
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^you tell me

what's the whole ruckus about Awolowo about? Were there no Yorubas in Biafra?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by oderemo(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2010
must be in preparation for the coming secession.

becomeriich is your hands in this? grin grin grin. republic of benin in the making ?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by desgiezd(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
Just imagine the number of lives that would have been snuffed out using these mountain of bullets had the smugglers succeeded
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by 18platoon(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2010
i suspect ezeuche and his sidekick bialegend, those two can do anything to actualise there biafaran dream.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by oderemo(m): 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
suspect ezeuche and his sidekick bialegend, those two can do anything to actualise there biafaran dream.
i forgot about them, ezeuche,mekuxx,alloyemeka. etc all nothing nut internet warriors.,singing osondu owennu song all over the net. anyway imagine that truck caught fire on the motor way?what a BANG that would be.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by FrankC3: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2010
Maybe he broke the rule of the 'cabal' or too greedy to bribe the police with some of his profits.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
na wa sha.

Nigerians prefer planting bombs and weaponry instead of planting food.

o ga oh.

una don lost.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2010
Ode (mumu) of Remo,

There are 1 Okoro and 3 Yoruba smugglers reported. What sayest thou?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
^ With igbo people bearing yoruba names nowadays to commit crimes you can never guess someone's ethnic group
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by honeric01(m): 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
mekuszyx:

Ode (mumu) of Remo,

There are 1 Okoro and 3 Yoruba smugglers reported. What sayest thou?

SEFAGO:

^ With igbo people bearing yoruba names nowadays to commit crimes you can never guess someone's ethnic group

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
What about the other way round?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
SEFAGO:

^^^^^^
The other way round is actually the case as I shall show shortly
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
Sefago,

See evidence(s) of Yoruba committing crime with Igbo names. Can you show one case of the opposite?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=401305.msg5549637#msg5549637
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2010
^ This si your idea of evidence , one story?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by Ikengawo: 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2010
these men were igbo and heading to onitsha. i think it should be their right to hold fire arms though this is a suspiciously large stock.
with these Fulani going through their period i dont blame them. igbos go hard.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by oderemo(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
Mr. Isreal Ajao said a notorious gun dealer, Mr. Martins Anokwara, a native of Uga in Anambra state allegedly imported the ammunition from an undisclosed neighbouring country. He gave the names of other members

@meku-ODE.Bleep, check the facts.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^^^^
What are the names of the other members? Who gave the names of the other members?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ This si your idea of evidence , one story?

Eediot, you brought up that idea and I showed you one evidence, even though I can show at least one more. Can you show even half an evidence in that regard?
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria

Funny topic. Okoro and Yoruba!! grin
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Funny topic. Okoro and Yoruba!! grin

lol gotta love nl
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
18 platoon:

i suspect ezeuche and his sidekick bialegend, those two can do anything to actualise there biafaran dream.

The man is not an Igbo. He is just a Yoruba with an Igbo name or he could be Hausa. We all know that Yorubas are the ones leading in crime.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2010
see theres hope for naija after all - see Yoruba and nna collaboing to sell arms to abokis
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by Igwe9(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
hehehe, una go kill person for laughta for here grin grin grin
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by jamace(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
Interception of firearms are so rife these days. From Kano to Lafia; Makurdi to Jos; Lagos to Abuja. One thing baffling me is that nothing is heard again after the initial publicity. It seems to me that some policemen people are getting fat bank account on these seizures. Naija we hail thee!!
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2010
EzeUche:

The man is not an Igbo. He is just a Yoruba with an Igbo name or he could be Hausa. We all know that Yorubas are the ones leading in crime.

Which one is it?. Yoruba or Hausa man?. Try to be sure next time before you start making unfounded allegations. undecided undecided
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 12:04am On Mar 20, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Which one is it?. Yoruba or Hausa man?. Try to be sure next time before you start making unfounded allegations. undecided undecided

Eediot; the same allegation that Sefago made. I know you have selective amnesia.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by bkbabe97: 1:34am On Mar 20, 2010
Ok, Mekyyyuussxx, according to my boi all three criminals are DEFINITELY Ibo; Whicheva one used a Yoruba name used it falsely!!! here are his reasons:

1. The guys were heading to an Ibo state 'accompanied' by TWO yoruba men, this is highly unlikely! Why wasnt it the other way around  (two Ibos and Yoruba)?!!?! Also, Yoruba men got Lagos why they gotta go to the underdeveloped Ibo states for?

2. Since the contraband was something that could cause a lotta violence and chaos, why would there be any doubt that the culprits was Ibo? Ibos are prone to  violence. They started violence in Nigeria (First Coup, Civil War), why would anyone think otherwise that all three dudes wasnt Ibo??!!?

3.The weapons was heading for an Ibo state not a Yoruba one.

4. Ibos are known to use other names or Nationalities to commit crimes.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by mekuszyx: 2:20am On Mar 20, 2010
bk/babe97:

Ibos are known to use other names or Nationalities to commit crimes.

Just show one documented example as I have done. I will definitely congratulate you.
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by blacksta(m): 7:06am On Mar 20, 2010
mekuszyx:

Just show one documented example as I have done. I will definitely congratulate you.

You are just one big fool and i am interested to know what you gain from this display of madness
Re: 1 Okoro, 3 Ngbatis Import Huge Cache Of Firearms Into Already Tottering Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 8:48am On Mar 20, 2010
bk/babe97:

Ok, Mekyyyuussxx, according to my boi all three criminals are DEFINITELY Ibo; Whicheva one used a Yoruba name used it falsely!!! here are his reasons:

1. The guys were heading to an Ibo state 'accompanied' by TWO yoruba men, this is highly unlikely! Why wasnt it the other way around (two Ibos and Yoruba)?!!?! Also, Yoruba men got Lagos why they gotta go to the underdeveloped Ibo states for?

2. Since the contraband was something that could cause a lotta violence and chaos, why would there be any doubt that the culprits was Ibo? Ibos are prone to violence. They started violence in Nigeria (First Coup, Civil War), why would anyone think otherwise that all three dudes wasnt Ibo??!!?

3.The weapons was heading for an Ibo state not a Yoruba one.

4. Ibos are known to use other names or Nationalities to commit crimes.

The violence for Ekiti anytime electio looms Nkor ?
That yoruba guy wey run for governor of one of those yoruba states couple of years ago that was killed last month nkor?
Those jihadist yoruba guy wey carry bomb inside office for lagos late last year nkor?

So my friend sharap there , when it comes to violence nobody get monopoly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another 536 Nigerians Evacuated From Libya / FESTUS KEYAMO AWAKENS DELTANS-a Must Watch-WOW!!! / Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.