Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Irrigation Assistance - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Irrigation Assistance (405 Views)

Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? / Irrigation For Tree Crops (COCOA, PLANTAIN, APPLE, PAWPAW, GUAVA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irrigation Assistance by FarmManager: 8:20am On Nov 06, 2017
Farmers in the house, please I need urgent assistance on how to easily Irrigate 3 hectares of land very close to a stream.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Irrigation Assistance by Larwin(m): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2017
FarmManager:
Farmers in the house, please I need urgent assistance on how to easily Irrigate 3 hectares of land very close to a stream.
thanks in anticipation.

Do you have control over the stream? Is it non seasonal? If yes then you can either dam/channel the stream into an underground Reservoir on your land and that will be your source for irrigating

Another is to get a well or borehole. Anyone that ll work.

After getting your water source right. You can purchase some irrigation kits and install.
Re: Irrigation Assistance by FarmManager: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2017
Larwin:

Do you have control over the stream? Is it non seasonal? If yes then you can either dam/channel the stream into an underground Reservoir on your land and that will be your source for irrigating

Another is to get a well or borehole. Anyone that ll work.

After getting your water source right. You can purchase some irrigation kits and install.

thanks for this.
my major concern is the best way to dam and the best source of irrigation.
Re: Irrigation Assistance by Larwin(m): 9:42am On Nov 06, 2017
FarmManager:

thanks for this.
my major concern is the best way to dam and the best source of irrigation.

Daming have its constraints. If you dont have sole control on the water. You might end up wasting money. Because somebody somewhere might also dam it thereby reducing the inflow to your side.

You can just create a small hole around the stream where water can accumulate which will allow you to pump out directly using a surface/sump

(1) (Reply)

Divine Favour Massive Production Of Fingerlings And Juveniles / Farmer's Meetup / Pure Ofada Rice Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.