Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? (8804 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Gtbank: The Secrets Behind The Success Of Nigeria’s No. 1 Bank / Gtbank: The Bank You Shouldn’t Bank Upon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by mistakay: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2010
i love gt bank so much,so much,so much, so much, much! the staff who handle me,well they treat me like their family member,calling me with their mtn lines all the time.I love them so much cry
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by jle(f): 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2010
to be honest here first bank is the only bank that refused to believed that
refused to believed that they are out of fashion. period!
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by adeibi: 12:20am On Mar 21, 2010
samcc30:

where will u guys will put ZENITHBANK?
yeah wot of Zenith bank? I bank wid both Zenith n GT n I cn say dt Zenith is also vry gud. Zenith n GT av vry similar banking system. Zenith also allows zero banking n u dn't need 2 go abt wid passport, bank id or withdrawal slip 2 withdraw cash 4rm d bank. D only advntge Z bnk has ova GT is dt it's nt as crowded as GT (dt's in my skul ere o). I save money dt I dn't want 2 spnd in GT cos d crowd alone cn send u out of d bank n it makes me wnder y Z bnk isn't as filld up as dt cos it is also vry gud. I use it regularly
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 21, 2010
I have almost all my corporate accounts with 'em because they are simply superb but it is glaring that if caution is not taken they might be heading down wards. They obviously now have more customers than they can handle,this has led to slow network, regular breakdown or out of cash atm machines, fagued out staff as early as 12noon, and in some occassions rude staff obviously caused by over work and some damn fustrating customers.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by ALKYS: 2:51am On Mar 21, 2010
I think you people need to Try Diamond Bank plc before you pass Judgement.Diamond Bank is The best I must confess all my business dealings with them has been wonderful.A trial will convice you.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by shotuns: 4:53am On Mar 21, 2010
@faakay, I also have a savings account with GTB, sometimes i really want to call their customer service for some

inquiry from China but dont really know the genuine customer care number, I need a genuine number, or if anyone could

paste the number here on Nairaland, will be appreciated .

Thanks.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by SwtzMinx(f): 5:31am On Mar 21, 2010
.i l0ve their designs(architecture). . .nd d c0mpany c0lourz. . . .nd yeah, their customer service is gud. .
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by WarHorse1(m): 7:08am On Mar 21, 2010
Think your Economics very well. If a bank allows zero minimum deposits for savings accounts, giving the proliferation of savings accounts and the poor state of the economy, then you should fear the future.

Recall the origin of banking - the goldsmiths, excess deposits was and is the foundation of banking. If absent, banking falls.

What may be keeping GTB running is the rate of depositing as compared to the rate of withdrawals. if depositing exceeds withdrawals, then good enough. But should the depositing public change their banking behavior due to economic circumstance to the opposite, Guarantee Trust my become Grounded Trust.

However, I am in no way in support of minimum deposits above a thousand Naira. Thats frustrates the supply of money and therefore economic activities especially when banks are less willing to loan out money.

Zero minimum deposit? I am scared."There is no free lunch" they say. On the short run, this can just be a customer winning strategy-saving their girls the use of their bodies to market the bank. Things could turn later when the customer base is right for non-zero minimum balance banking. Whatever, I will do same if I were the bank's strategic planning Manager (like making hay while the sun shines - ain't bad to do things while one can)

Even with all of the above, I love their use of electronic media for banking (That could be why branches are less than expected, and for me, its a cost saving strategy if Internet security is well guided- Strategic Thinking).

FCMB has attributes close to GTB except for zero minimum balance. They are both customer sensitive. I will recommend banking with banks like these. I hope they will be flexible to the dictates of the economy while keeping their feet on the ground.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by cvibe: 7:09am On Mar 21, 2010
I bank with GTBank, but their system is easily infiltrated by fraudsters.

I have been receiving fraudulent emails from the same GTB official email being used for transaction notification.  Gens,
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by WarHorse1(m): 7:18am On Mar 21, 2010
cvibe:

I bank with GTBank, but their system is easily infiltrated by fraudsters.

I have been receiving fraudulent emails from the same GTB official email being used for transaction notification.  Gens,

We all should try to know some basic principles

1. Greed does not get you much on the long run.

2. Even your bank does not have a right to know your password, not even inter-switch.

3. Never transact with doubts on your mind. Ask others. No knowledge in solitude

4. Beware of strangers who want the best for you and make moves to offer you that best.

Follow the above and you can be sure you are secured.

May be banks should have visual displays inside the banking hall to inform customers of the treat of fraudsters
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by tEsLim(m): 7:55am On Mar 21, 2010
Best bank! Though I hate it when I'm on the mainland or places they dont have enough branch too much customers. Else just the best .

When i lost my ATM card I just had to call dedicated customer support line to stop any unauthorized use of my card. And automatically request a new one over the phone. No bank in Nigeria will do that for me. Without filling silly forms inside their banks

And yeah I meant I called at night , because i discovered card was lost at night. around 10pm. And someone was there to listen. 24hrs customer service
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Mesico2(m): 8:23am On Mar 21, 2010
toba1909:

I refuse to believe you!
How are you duped?

Prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt for our peruse.

I dont av to prove jack shit to u here. What i needed u to understand is what u av heared.u will hear the rest in the next few weeks when i drag them to court. Whats is delaying my court summon on them is my cash bouyancy once im ok financialy to pay my anthony then u will all hear on this forum.i will expose everything they av done to me from their insensitivity to corrupt handling of customer fund, to bad customer service and to their technology failure and the abuse of my right.how can someone withdraw almost a million naira from my acct without sms alart uptill today, no accoutn confirmation from me during the first and second withdraw, irregularities of account holder signature. Yet they went ahead and pay.imagine they called me when the third withdrawal was about to be make despite not calling me during the first and the second and boldly told them that the guy is a scam and shdnt be allowed to go and they still allow the guy to go.pls tell me how the guy disappeared with all the secrurity humanly and technologically.imagine they dropped immediately they heard me saying the guy is a scam and i immediately call them back and spent almost 800naira rechargecard and yet the guy vanished.i can go on and on but there is no point. Im ready to take them down wisely thats why im taking my time so avoid any excuse from them. The whole stuff happened in september last year.
Pls if u av any advise on how to take them down better pls holla me on rabiusanusi01@yahoo.com
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Mekzie(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2010
Well for me I prefare Ecobank and ETB
wink wink wink
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by hubreality(m): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2010
tonardo:

i like GTB,DAIMOND,

Professionalism! They got it all. Customer sevice and satisfaction are very important in every venture, not BIG Names! They got the technological innovations with peace. People preach for them including me. cool

Double Salute to GTBank and Diamond Bank!!
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2010
@shotuns. Google them and call their headquarter. The numbers are there. Its very simple n folow d fone instructions
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by ayettymama(f): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
before we jump to conclusions

how exactly does the bank treat victims of fraud

if its by fault of the bank do they return your money??
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by hugooh42(m): 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2010
@ mekzie, please i will like to know more about ETB. What makes them good? ThanKS
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2010
Mesico2:

I dont av to prove jack poo to u here. What i needed u to understand is what u av heared.u will hear the rest in the next few weeks when i drag them to court. Whats is delaying my court summon on them is my cash bouyancy once im ok financialy to pay my anthony then u will all hear on this forum.i will expose everything they av done to me from their insensitivity to corrupt handling of customer fund, to bad customer service and to their technology failure and the abuse of my right.how can someone withdraw almost a million naira from my acct without sms alart uptill today, no accoutn confirmation from me during the first and second withdraw, irregularities of account holder signature. Yet they went ahead and pay.imagine they called me when the third withdrawal was about to be make despite not calling me during the first and the second and boldly told them that the guy is a scam and shdnt be allowed to go and they still allow the guy to go.pls tell me how the guy disappeared with all the secrurity humanly and technologically.imagine they dropped immediately they heard me saying the guy is a scam and i immediately call them back and spent almost 800naira rechargecard and yet the guy vanished.i can go on and on but there is no point. Im ready to take them down wisely thats why im taking my time so avoid any excuse from them. The whole stuff happened in september last year.
Pls if u av any advise on how to take them down better pls holla me on rabiusanusi01@yahoo.com

Your what?
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by gidig(m): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2010
This is the GTconnect line that I use every time for all my transactions. 08029002900. You should also cross check anything with their site. Nobody will ask for your PIN in GTbank. I did lose my Mastercard ATM card two weeks ago and I simply dialed the number to block it and request for another one.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Mojibola(m): 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2010
The best thing i like abt them is their song u hear at d entrance, ' 'there's a place i luv to be, '
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by dandollar1: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
How cum nobody's mentionin the king of them all?
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by willis2k9(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
is true dat Gtbank is most impresive bank,bt sometimes they use 2 fuckup by thier network
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by damola1: 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2010
Zenith is not bad.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2010
Anytime am not in Nigeria, i can used my Master Card anywher in d world that1 alone make me fallin love 4 GT and also if they post any money to my accts i can withraw it from any ATM in d world,,,if you have ever travel out b4 and short of Cash you will understand what am talking about

GT is the Best Bank in Nigeria

The worst of them are

WEMA,

SPRING BANK

UNION BANK, D WORST

SKY BANK

ZENITH , IS ONLY MEANT 4 D RICH IMAGINE I WANN COLLECT WESTERN UNION $400 THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT PAYING ANYTHING BELOW $2,500

FCMB, DEY HV LIITTLE BRANCHES THEY SHLD MERGE DEM WT ACCESS OR DIAMOND
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by PastorOla1: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2010
That is my Bank, We have 2 Banks in Nigeria GTbank and Others. Let them keep the fire burning please
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by adaphik(f): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2010
GT is simply fabulous!!!!!
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by adefash(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2010
Where will u put UNION Bank?
Big Strong Reliable bank.lol
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by akinalabi(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
GTB is terrible to small business owners.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by akonamone(m): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2010
I have read all responses, as i said at the begining of the post im not a staff of the Bank, its just dat ive been banking with them for that last six months and i have really enjoyed the services i got from them. Period!
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by slimes(m): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
From 2 weeks that they gave me to more than 3 months just to replace a damaged ATM card. I have experienced some obstacles in making deposits too due to the constant queuing.
Re: Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? by CGKing(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2010
Well, in a village of the blind, the one eyed beggar is King. I think they are not the best yet cos they still have a couple of issues to deal with.

1. Crowd, crowd, crowd!!! Crowd at the ATMs, in the banking hall, they have to do something about this, its simply annoying.

2. Respond quickly to customer requests. For 3 months, iv been begging these guys to activate my ATM card.

3. Spread. Borrow a leaf from UBA. Make your ATMs and your branches available.

If these three are fixed, then they ll be the best bank. For now, they are just the one eyed general.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Price Of Ethanol / Fuel Subsidy: What Happens To The Subsidy Savings? / Start Mini Exportation of Foodstuff Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.