Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering (29084 Views)

Emmanuel Ikubese Blasts Daddy Freeze For Tackling Pastors Over Super Eagles Win / Shan George Calls Teddy A’s Dick A 'Tiny Noodle' (BBNaija Photo) / Shan George's Sister, Queen Dies In Accident 5 Days After Calabar Carnival Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by DozieInc(m): 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
blackpanda:

But she is not attacking, rather pleading for assistance
If a pastor can buy 4 private jets, i see no reason why same pastor cant repair 1km of road. Afterall the churches claim to be charity org and so dont pay any tax

Churches do more than you could ever imagine.. Churches are heavily involved in social welfare, do proper research.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Modupeolatemi01(f): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2017
Pls ask them if it's their damn money. Foolish people everywhere.
DozieInc:
She should calculate all the tithe and offerings she has ever paid and see if it can maintain a 1km road.

Frustration have made people to lose their senses, what then is the responsibility of the govt?
This is a deliberate and systematic attack on the church, First it was the G.Os, then blackmail of pastors, now it is about tithing, it wont work.

People are pained that churches are prosperous, that churches dont need to beg politicians or seek foreign aid in order to carry out projects and promote the gospel.

I pay my tithe and give offerings, yes it is my money... To all the bad-belle: Is it your money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by freeman95(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lol
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Turbocharged: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
People wey pay tithe no worry about their tithe, na people wey no pay come dey cry like teenage wey miss im period.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Modupeolatemi01(f): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
Even a dingbat called shan George is also talking about tithe, attacking pastors. Smh how much is ur tithe in all the money they use in purchasing jets? Is it ur tithe? U can't people just mind their businesses and leave tithe payers the hell alone. As much as they r not persuading u to join them in tithe paying then u shouldn't stop them from paying. Cos I'm not understanding ur stress.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Apina(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
As much as I'm not a fan of tithing, but isn't it the work of the government to do what she's asking dem pastors to do with our taxes? Let's hold the government responsible for the lack of infrastructural development and not the church.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by SUSSYASH: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
If i may ask, what will government be doing with tax they collected if church begin do road.if they use tithe and offering for road what will they use for the church?

FlirtyKaren:
Nollywood veteran actress, Shan George, has also come for Nigerian Pastors over the Sunday offerings and tithes they receive.

According to her, Pastors should use Sunday offerings and tithes to repair bad roads, instead of using it to buy private jets and flashy cars. Here's what she wrote;

"Dear Nigeria Pastors, I beg you in the name of God this beautiful Sunday, i'm on my knees, i know you must have collected a lot of tithes and offerings this Sunday, Pls help us repair our roads instead of using the money to buy private jets and big cars. U and your family fly over us with your private jets, while we perish down here. So many people have died here. Pls is it a crime or a sin if you help?"

https://www.lailasblog.com/actress-shan-george-comes-nigerian-pastors-asks-repair-roads-private-jet-money/

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by talk2percy(m): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
madridguy:
She's only seeking attention and cheap popularity.

And u are quite certain about it?? Come in, that's ridiculous!
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Emanuola(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
A pastor dashing her wife N30million as a birthday gift..There is God o!
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by omoharry(f): 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
Deuteronomy 14:22-27New International Version (NIV)

Tithes
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
this woman should just close her mouth, if they repair roads what will people like Jubril and his cohorts will be doing tithe should be given to vulnerable Young youths that want to do something great in their lives
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by booblacain(m): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
madridguy:
Tom, Di*k, and Harry are just opening their rotten mouth to castigate the men of GOD. Shan George should tell us what she has done to help humanity aside from her role in indecent role where she has s*x with dogs or act as an aristos. I cannot remember her for any role in any good movie except Ashawo. Nonsense talk from a nonsense talk.

As for the pastors, I don't know much about them all but I can speak for 2 out of them.

Pa David Oyedepo and Prophet TB Joshua.

Aside from the developmental projects in Lagos and Ogun respectively, go to Oyedepo town and see. Pa Oyedepo employed people in his town more than even the Kwara State government. As for Prophet TB Joshua, the man is the economy pillar of Ikotun.

You too will carry your fingers to type rubbish out of ignorance. Have you been to Ikotun to see the mess in that community, have you seen the Ikotun-Egbe road that the Synagogue is situated and the kind of hell drivers go through on that road every day?

Face the truth. Our roads are in a mess, our institutions are in a mess, our values are in a mess. All these are in a mess because our minds are in a mess and our minds are in a mess because our political and religious leadership are in a mess.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by madridguy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
So far TB Joshua is trying more than the elected chairman of Ikotun-Egbe.

booblacain:

You too will carry your fingers to type rubbish out of ignorance. Have you been to Ikotun to see the mess in that community, have you seen the Ikotun-Egbe road that the Synagogue is situated and the kind of hell drivers go through on that road every day?

Face the truth. Our roads are in a mess, our institutions are in a mess, our values are in a mess. All these are in a mess because our minds are in a mess and our minds are in a mess because our political and religious leadership are in a mess.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Emasel(m): 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
She is right. It will cost most churches nothing if they engage in a little corporate social responsibility after all they don't pay taxes. For e.g, the RCCG can easily construct a flyover in the Lagos-Ibadan expressway to solve the traffic jam suffered by motorists when they have programs. In fact they won't feel it.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by toye440: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
Yes i accept Nigeria pastors abuse d rear privilege given to them but in this case its dumb i mean so lame a request, how can or y should ur pastor give out tithes and offering wen politician feed fat on the allocation meant for that purpose. Chai now i know the fact that d media hype una all doesn't mean you hv sense. Grow up abeg don't b a freeze with a freezed brain.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Leonbonapart(m): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2017
DozieInc:
She should calculate all the tithe and offerings she has ever paid and see if it can maintain a 1km road.

Frustration have made people to lose their senses, what then is the responsibility of the govt?
This is a deliberate and systematic attack on the church, First it was the G.Os, then blackmail of pastors, now it is about tithing, it wont work.

People are pained that churches are prosperous, that churches dont need to beg politicians or seek foreign aid in order to carry out projects and promote the gospel.

I pay my tithe and give offerings, yes it is my money... To all the bad-belle: Is it your money?
best comment so far on Nairaland for a while now... Christians are actually afraid to speak up, not knowing this is a damn conspiracy against the church... The church is marching on... Shalom brother, shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by samoice(m): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
nerodenero:
Funny Shan Georgecheesycheesycheesycheesy.

If we always ask ourselves this question - 'what will Jesus do' in all situations, we'd behave better.

Will Jesus fly jets? Will Jesus cruise latest cars while multitudes trekk endlessly without hope? Will Jesus eat the best meals all day and everyday while many die of hunger and poverty? Will Jesus build a school owned by a Church he heads and put the fees to be paid beyond the reach of the poor? The questions are endless.

Christians and the Church needs to wake up and begin to do what Jesus will do to win souls. The Church will only prevail if we as Christians emulate Jesus and His words in the Bible so that the devil can be put to shame.
i love this

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by dotedote: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2017
9ja call them MoG.
Continue.
The Brainwashed lot.
[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i][b][/b]
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by akinwole21: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
Before Deut, Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek king of Salem in Gen 14v 17-20 and confirmed in Heb 7v 1. Abraham was in existence before the laws were made. I know we are no longer "under the law" as some people will say, yet we sing Abraham's blessings are mine and we are not ready to make the sacrifices he made. These are my own opinions and to be honest I am totally against coercing people to pay tithe. Let everyone decide if they want to pay tithe or not and whether they want to pay it to the church or use it for charity purposes.

luxy44:

Thanks for sharing!
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by anonimi: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
eleojo23:
Another tithe matter...
I just dey laugh.

As for me, I encourage people to give willingly as much as they can as the scriptures say in 2 Corinthians 9:6-15. Give to the poor, the needy, the missionaries etc. but do it willingly and not under compulsion.

Let us not also absolve the government of their duties. The church should help as much as they can but the government has her own responsibilities too because they collect tax.

I thought that government does not collect tax from mosques and churches since they are supposed to be doing charity works.
Has that changed?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by refreshrate: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
blackpanda:
lol

Dem don hear u. Go and cry no more, the lord shall meet u at your point of need
Shallom grin grin shocked

Abeg change that shallom to aShana

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by akdjr(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
Guy if Jesus Christ get chance of coming back to life now he won't want to go back again with all the money in church business now.
nerodenero:
Funny Shan Georgecheesycheesycheesycheesy.

If we always ask ourselves this question - 'what will Jesus do' in all situations, we'd behave better.

Will Jesus fly jets? Will Jesus cruise latest cars while multitudes trekk endlessly without hope? Will Jesus eat the best meals all day and everyday while many die of hunger and poverty? Will Jesus build a school owned by a Church he heads and put the fees to be paid beyond the reach of the poor? The questions are endless.

Christians and the Church needs to wake up and begin to do what Jesus will do to win souls. The Church will only prevail if we as Christians emulate Jesus and His words in the Bible so that the devil can be put to shame.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by eleojo23: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
anonimi:

I thought that government does not collect tax from mosques and churches since they are supposed to be doing charity works.
Has that changed?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

No I am referring to the tax they collect from citizens generally.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by itsmeurLady(f): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Smh... Anybody attacking the body of Christ is an anti-Christ wether u claim to be a Christian or not. If u are a Christian, u can't call any Man of God, Fake! U hav no right whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder what your church teaches y'all? I'm wondering wether u preach hatred or love against the body of Christ? U want to cause confusion, discouragement, what will u gain at the end? Ok u are wise and u want to teach other ppl to be wise by dragging them away from truth If u don't want to pay your tithe, keep quiet about it, don't make those that are paying to stop paying Cs it will be on your head. There's a way that seemeth right unto men, but that thereof is the road to destruction. Never follow the crowd in life, because the crowd in most cases, are always Wrong!

P.S: We that pay tithe, we do it because our spirit bears us witness that we are doing the right thing and it has been working for us. Don't u think if it hasn't been working for us, we would have stopped a long yl ago U dat u are not paying tithe, how many savings have u saved, how many investment have u done? Even when u save/invest, that's when they will tell u that in your time, something happened u can't get ur profit, then u will start blaming your village people. People perish for lack of knowledge indeed
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by excel101(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
What's wrong with this Shan George, you now have the guts to advice pastors on how to use tithes & offerings. On your own little way, whats her contribution towards assisting her sick colleagues that are in need. Failures are too quick to advice.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by kodlins(f): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
So if Pastors fix roads, what will government do?
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Geenosko: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Any one who thinks that tithes and offerings buy private Jets should have their heads examined.

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Glo247: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
Tithing is between you and God period. No one can stop me from tithing. It is compulsory for me.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by delpee(f): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
The Church does a lot for society without making so much noise. I'm active in a Ministry that has done a lot for the less privileged with the support of the Church.
Most Churches that are well set up take care of widows, orphans and the poor as required of Christians and as stated in the Bible. They also have Hospital and Prison ministries to assist the sick (free in some Churches) and prisoners (especially to assist those wrongly convicted or wrongly accused and awaiting trial ).

There are business and empowerment groups to train and mentor those who require training and scholarships to deserving people.

The reality is that givers never lack. Debates are unecessary as its a private matter between you and God and based on your understanding of the scriptures and life in general. Do what you need to do and leave the Pastor/Vicar to God to judge. Do your best and leave the rest!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel Throwback Photo With Sarz / Asians Beg For Selfie With D’banj - Vanguard / Yemi Alade's Casual Outfit To The Beach. (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.