Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander (610 Views)

Sentiment Analysis Python / A Nairalander Visits The World's Coolest Library In China, Shares Her Experience / A Nairalander Convocating At University Of Ibadan Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander by Tolzeal(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Twitter sentiment analysis on Nigerian Telecommunication Networks.

The task required in here is to know the sentiments( Opinion or emotional artificial intelligence) on Nigerian Telecom providers handle. I will be scraping tweets tweeted by users been directed to their ISPs ( Internet Service providers ) concerning issues they facing about a point in time. I am using the Nigerian network as case study it could work with some other areas too.

Approach : Hybrid Naive Bayes approach ( Combination of Machine learning and Lexical dictionary )

Platform : Twitter

Tool : R programming language ~ Often used by Data science students ( Could be done with Python too)

Twitter Handles :

Airtel - @airtel_care
MTN - @MTN180
9mobile - @9mobilengcare
Glo - @glocare

Other areas sentiment analysis can used :

Product and Service reviews
Reputation Monitoring
Result prediction
Decision making

etc

Well, Enough of Hippie-Dippie side talk - Let get started !

CC: Seun , Lalasticlala
Re: Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander by Tolzeal(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Airtel Nigeria :https://imgur.com/a/vOUgY

Picture 1 - Shows RAW data with users Tweets and Opinion :- Problem, Joy, Awkwardness, Negative feedback etc

Picture 2 - Shows the cleaning up of data :- i.e Data Munging! Removing links and unneccessary junks that wouldn't add up to our final result.E.g Links ( / jdbdfb12 , @Handlename etc)

Picture 3 - Visualization - After Categorizing every word to it group/class of sentiments we have the report below.

Picture 4 : These are the words that makes up the visualization i.e WordCloud. The bigger it gets more often it gets used.
Re: Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander by Tolzeal(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
MTN Nigeria: https://imgur.com/a/tp9tP

Picture 1 - Shows RAW data with users Tweets and Opinion :- Problem, Joy, Awkwardness, Negative feedback etc

Picture 2 - Shows the cleaning up of data :- i.e Data Munging! Removing links and unneccessary junks that wouldn't add up to our final result.

Picture 3 - Visualization - After Categorizing every word to it group/class of sentiments we have the report above.

Picture 4 : These are the words that makes up the visualization i.e WordCloud. The bigger it gets more often it gets used.
Re: Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander by Tolzeal(m): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
9mobile Nigeria: https://imgur.com/a/43Yr8

Picture 2 - Shows the cleaning up of data :- i.e Data Munging! Removing links and unneccessary junks that wouldn't add up to our final result.

Picture 3 - Visualization - After Categorizing every word to it group/class of sentiments we have the report above.

Re: Twitter Sentiment Analysis On Nigerian Telecom. Networks By A Nairalander by Tolzeal(m): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
Glo Nigeria: https://imgur.com/a/e0Y46

Thanks all. Based on the report one good deduce the best network when seeking to pick up a network provider for your home use. It will also help the Network provider to help fix problems areas where users are lamenting.

I hope it helps wink wink smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Supplementary List 2017 / Usman Danfodiyo University Admission Listout / Low Tuition Universities In Philippines With Tuition Fees As Low As $1200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.