Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Nail-biting Mobile Games That Leave You Waiting For Texts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Nail-biting Mobile Games That Leave You Waiting For Texts (503 Views)

Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked / Cool Stuff - How To Write And Send Texts Upside Down On Whatsapp / 5 Phone Design That Will Leave You Speechless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nail-biting Mobile Games That Leave You Waiting For Texts by giftedben: 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
You’ll be compulsively checking your phone for notifications.

Bury Me, My Love

A journey of love, danger & hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smYIKqcfvHU

Bury me my Love tells the story of Syrian refugee Nour and her husband Majd, as Nour undertakes a perilous journey for safer life in Europe.

It’s been over an hour since I’ve heard from Nour. When her name finally lights up my Android screen, I hold my breath and hope for the best. “He’s not answering the phone,” she messages about the man meant to smuggle her across the border. “Nor to my texts.” There’s nothing I can do. I tap through a few message options before selecting an angry emoji, and send it off through the game’s fake phone interface. Then I settle in to wait, unsure when I will hear from her again.

Interactive fiction game Bury Me, My Love is played on your real phone, using an interface similar to messenger WhatsApp. It unfolds through a series of texts between a husband and wife; as Majd, you encourage Nour from afar as she attempts to escape from war-torn Syria, while you remain with family at home.

The interactive story takes place in “pseudo real-time,” which means that minutes or hours could pass between texts from Nour.

Re: The Nail-biting Mobile Games That Leave You Waiting For Texts by giftedben: 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lifeline

Help Taylor survive on an alien moon: a playable story in real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LehoxwX3llo

Like Bury Me, My Love, Lifeline is played entirely through texts with a fictional character. Instead of a distant loved one fleeing a war-torn country, Taylor is a student whose spaceship has crashed on a distant moon, leaving them frightened, alone and in desperate need of help. Is it better to push through the exhaustion, or take time to rest? Where are the best places to look for rations? Your input has the potential to save Taylor’s life.

Lifeline is a deep, immersive story of survival and perseverance, with many possible outcomes. Taylor is relying on YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Alcatel A30 Plus And Samsung's For Sale / HTC U11 Eyes Launched With Face Recognition & Dual Front Cameras / How To Speed Up A Slow Android Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.