Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating (1289 Views)

Can Lack Of Mating, Make A Dog Aggressive? / Artificial Insemination (AI) / Diary Of GSD Mating And Upcoming Pups - SOLD OUT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Has it locked?
Let it lock
Oya mount
Come on boy mount
Hold down the female
Mouthguard her
Dont let her move
Hold her legs
Raise the hind legs up. And so on

Many breeders and Dog lovers must be familiar with these expressions as they are associated with mating your dogs.

I remember when I began breeding, I had a friend, a girl, she is an animal scientist. There was a time I took my rottweiler for mating and she asked me "why don't you do AI?" I just looked at her and said in my mind "so my Dog will not lock abi, and so she won't make it, lailai" That was how ignorant I was then.

Fast forward to 3 Years later, by now i know better and wider than i knew then. There was this bitch i wanted to mate and she was just too stubborn, snapping, turning, twisting. Not allowing the male at all. Then a man adviced me again, "why dont you do AI?" Then i sunmitted myseld to learning more about this AI. The man then helped me to do it, and he also taught me how to do it.

61 Days later, my bitch gave me 9pups(her largets litter). In between, another bitch of mine also entered her oestrus cycle, and i did AI myself, believe me, she also 'made it'. I have a woman in my area, she has a male and a female boerboel. The girl came on heat and she called me to help her conduct the mating, on getting there the male was soo hyper and he was too anxious, being the first time hes tasting the forbidden fruit, so the mating couldnt be done. I told the woman about AI and she agreed, shes a civilised woman tho, i did the AI and last week, the small girl dropped 8puppies.

Then I asked myself, why go through the stress of mating a Dog when a simpler, easier and less stressful AI can be conducted.

I also got to realise that most breeders in developed countries do AI for their dogs, they just purchase semen of their choice male and conduct the stuff.

I'm amazed that in this current age, some People are still particular about 'locking' before they can accept that their Dog mated.

Let's move forward
Be civilised
Stop forcing dogs to mate
Embrace AI

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Oh okay smiley

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 8:26am On Nov 07, 2017
mhizesther:
Oh okay smiley
Namesake, what are u doing here?
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by franklyneo(m): 8:38am On Nov 07, 2017
Can we talk on whatsapp bro??
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2017
franklyneo:
Can we talk on whatsapp bro??
Sure, 07060661172/08066030632
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2017
egorov:

Namesake, what are u doing here?

I knew it was you but I wasn't really sure. I came here because I love dogs grin
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by toms55(m): 8:44am On Nov 07, 2017
Thank you for this enlightment , how do we go about the AI? How does one collect semen from a male dog? How is it inserted into a female dog ? Through a syringe?

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 8:49am On Nov 07, 2017
toms55:
Thank you for this enlightment , how do we go about the AI? How does one collect semen from a male dog? How is it inserted into a female dog ? Through a syringe?

It looks simple, but u have to be very careful, u must be sure of ur hygeine. Its better u have someone who knows about it to show you whereever u are.
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by toms55(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2017
egorov:

It looks simple, but u have to be very careful, u must be sure of ur hygeine. Its better u have someone who knows about it to show you whereever u are.
how much does it cost to engage in AI? However, one may be worried about the stud whose semen is to be used , isn't that a disadvantage ?
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 9:04am On Nov 07, 2017
toms55:
how much does it cost to engage in AI? However, one may be worried about the stud whose semen is to be used , isn't that a disadvantage ?

I said something in my post, "ur choice of stud". U must have done your findings plus the stud owner's words. Then u should also know that your bitch also has a role to play, a vital role, in reproduction
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by tobolos(m): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
Thanks OP.
Do you know the so called experienced breeders are ignorant of AI method?
Just recently,a female saint bernard was bought for mating,it took me time to convince this breeder on the efficacy of the method.Most people believes that a lock or tie is needed before the semen is released.

Before mating is done,ensure the female medications is up to date and she is at the peak of ovulation.There are very simple to use devices to detect ovulation.common ones are d ovulation microscope and draminski ovulation detector.

egorov:
Has it locked?
Let it lock
Oya mount
Come on boy mount
Hold down the female
Mouthguard her
Dont let her move
Hold her legs

Many breeders and Dog lovers must be familiar with these expressions as they are associated with mating your dogs.

I remember when I began breeding, I had a friend, a girl, she is an animal scientist. There was a time I took my rottweiler for mating and she asked me "why don't you do AI?" I just looked at her and said in my mind "so my Dog will not lock abi, and so she won't make it, lailai" That was how ignorant I was then.

Fast forward to 3 Years later, by now i know better and wider than i knew then. There was this bitch i wanted to mate and she was just too stubborn, snapping, turning, twisting. Not allowing the male at all. Then a man adviced me again, "why dont you do AI?" Then i sunmitted myseld to learning more about this AI. The man then helped me to do it, and he also taught me how to do it.

61 Days later, my bitch gave me 9pups(her largets litter). In between, another bitch of mine also entered her oestrus cycle, and i did AI myself, believe me, she also 'made it'. I have a woman in my area, she has a male and a female boerboel. The girl came on heat and she called me to help her conduct the mating, on getting there the male was soo hyper and he was too anxious, being the first time hes tasting the forbidden fruit, so the mating couldnt be done. I told the woman about AI and she agreed, shes a civilised woman tho, i did the AI and last week, the small girl dropped 8puppies.

Then I asked myself, why go through the stress of mating a Dog when a simpler, easier and less stressful AI can be conducted.

I also got to realise that most breeders in developed countries do AI for their dogs, they just purchase semen of their choice male and conduct the stuff.

I'm amazed that in this current age, some People are still particular about 'locking' before they can accept that their Dog mated.

Let's move forward
Be civilised
Embrace AI

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by rumenase(m): 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
nice although I have heard about it I have not really given it a thought

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
tobolos:
Thanks OP.
Do you know the so called experienced breeders are ignorant of AI method?
Just recently,a female saint bernard was bought for mating,it took me time to convince this breeder on the efficacy of the method.Most people believes that a lock or tie is needed before the semen is released.

Before mating is done,ensure the female medications is up to date and she is at the peak of ovulation.There are very simple to use devices to detect ovulation.common ones are d ovulation microscope and draminski ovulation detector.

Yea. Majority of Them Don't know jack abt it. Many of them r Just puppy millers. Breeders are meant to research n improve their practices
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by ksquare44(m): 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nice Idea.. Could you please expanciat on the Artificial insemination... Thanks
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
egorov:
Has it locked?
Let it lock
Oya mount
Come on boy mount
Hold down the female
Mouthguard her
Dont let her move
Hold her legs

Let's move forward
Be civilised
Embrace AI
So you no wan make male dogs dey kolombi, abi?
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2017
ksquare44:
Nice Idea.. Could you please expanciat on the Artificial insemination... Thanks
Its a way of passing the semen into the female without the dogs actually mating
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

So you no wan make male dogs dey kolombi, abi?

Do u know AI can prevent either dogs from contracting infectious diseases from each other? To 'kolombi' is not always d best. I know of some dogs that went for mating or did mating and came back with diseases that ended their lives

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:39am On Nov 15, 2017
egorov:

Do u know AI can prevent either dogs from contracting infectious diseases from each other? To 'kolombi' is not always d best. I know of some dogs that went for mating or did mating and came back with diseases that ended their lives
yeah I know this, I intended that as a joke
Re: Artificial Insemination Vs Convectional Method Of Mating by egorov(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

yeah I know this, I intended that as a joke
Yea I got d joke. Just wanna drop that point

(1) (Reply)

One Last Black Female Chow Chow Pup Available / [get In Here] For Solid Doberman Pups / 12months Old Adult Male Boerboel In Ibadan @140k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.